Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series

Started by Dark Blade Hunter, Apr 16, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

Author
Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series (Read 66,146 times)

TheBATMAN

It's not a walkthrough guide, it's a document on how to go through the entire series in the correct chronological order with analysis on each title. It contains a brief time line and it may be worth reading the sections on some of the side games you may be missing out on such as gun survivor.

With Biohazard being Japanese, unfortunately 65% of the overall plot and backstory are missing from the game. most is locked away in supplemental material never released in English and the rest is down to shoddy translations with the files.

Keg

Keg

Not bothering with any of the gun survivor, umbrella chronicles, outbreak or operation racoon city games. Just 0,1,2,3,CVX,4,5,6 and the two Revelations games. I know Revelations is set between 4 & 5 and Revelations 2 is between 5 & 6. Might watch the two Leon CGI movies as well.

Cheers for that though  ;D. I'm all set.

EDIT: I gather from the way RE3 panned out that it starts at a similar time to (or before) RE2 but obviously jumps ahead a few days after RE2 when Jill is unconscious. Other than that its straight forward.

King Rathalos

Don't bother with the first CG film. It's bland as f**k and almost nothing happens through the short 90 minute run time. Second one is infinitely better.

TheBATMAN

RE3 begins on September 28th until just after midnight on Sep 29th when Jill is infected. RE2 then begins Sep 29th evening and runs until the morning of Sep 30th. RE3 then picks up again just after midnight and runs until dawn on October 1st.

KiramidHead

The continuity there is such a clusterf**k. Like, how did Leon and Claire just waltz into Raccoon without noticing anything strange? :laugh:

Keg

Keg

They do. The opening is basically them stumbling into the shit storm and thats where they cross paths.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 05, 2015, 06:59:30 PM
The continuity there is such a clusterf**k. Like, how did Leon and Claire just waltz into Raccoon without noticing anything strange? :laugh:

It's explained in the Japanese supplemental materials. The U.S. Government wanted to bomb Raccoon City not to prevent the spread of the infection, but to actually stop Umbrella getting their hands on the G-Virus. Derek Simmons pushed to get the missile strike done as soon as possible, thus the army barricades were rescinded allowing Leon and Claire to stroll right in. But Oswell Spencer's political influence, and the U.B.C.S. portraying videos to the world's media of them 'heroically' rescuing the civilians, pushed the sterilisation operation back to October 1st, by which time Hunk had already got the G-Virus out for Umbrella. The whole Raccoon City saga is basically a cold war between Umbrella and the U.S. Government. But sadly, none of this stuff is reflected in the actual games.

KiramidHead

Is that the same Simmons who becomes a were-T. rex in RE6?

TheBATMAN

Yeah but we don't talk about that  ;)

King Rathalos

YES WE DO

IT WAS THE ONLY GOOD PART OF RE 6

Doktor Wunderbar

It was certainly a cool-looking monster - but it was ridiculous even for this series.

KiramidHead

Sounds like a Dino Crisis 3 crossover. :laugh:

predxeno

Speaking of which, I'm considering purchasing Dino Crisis for PS3; how similar/dissimilar is that series from this one?  I know they're both made by Shinji Mikami, but I intensely disliked the original tank RE games (yet I loved the tank Silent Hill games).  I think this is because while they both have similar controls, Silent Hill just does a better job in evoking emotions by utilizing not only scary enemies but scary environments like the Otherworld.  Also, while I wasn't a huge zombie fan starting out on RE, I am STILL a huge dinosaur fan.

Doktor Wunderbar

Doktor Wunderbar

DC 1 was very similar to the early RE games - fixed camera, limited resources, limited inventory space, occasional puzzles.  I think it was about comparable difficulty; one interesting aspect is that some of the most common weapons you have don't kill - they just incapacitate.

The inventory system is frustrating as hell, though.  Instead of one network of storage boxes, you have three networks of storage bins - and at each location, the bin has to be unlocked with a plug.  So, good luck storing medical supplies and hoping to get them later.

Key items do not take up space, though.

Keg

Keg

Dino Crisis is basically Resident Evil with dinosaurs replacing the zombies. They literally control the same way, same fixed camera angles, same tank controls and aiming system too. Its a great game and i still replay it every couple of years.

The sequel is similar but moves away from the survival horror and becomes an action game but damn is it good. Dino Crisis 2 is one.of my favourite games of all time. I was gutted when DC3 deviated so much and didnt pick up the plot from the ending of DC2. Speaking of the plot, it might not have as much impact now but the first time I played it I f**king loved the huge twist towards the end of the game. It blew my mind as a kid as I didnt see it coming at all.

So yes id definately recommend you play them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed