You think Prometheus will gonna win the Academy Award for Visual Effects?

Started by aliens13, Feb 25, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

You think Prometheus will gonna win the Academy Award for Visual Effects?

Yes.
7 (43.8%)
No.
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Feb 26, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

Author
You think Prometheus will gonna win the Academy Award for Visual Effects? (Read 3,537 times)

aliens13

Virgil

I'd definitely like to see Prometheus win for visual effects, though I think Life of Pi has this in the bag.

Cal427eb

Life of Pi's wasn't that spectacular in my opinion.

Space7Horror

Sadly it's not even a nonimee for anything.

SM

Quote from: Queen7 on Feb 25, 2013, 12:28:00 AM

Prometheus isn't?  Yes it is - Visual Effects against Life Of Pi, The Hobbit, Avengers, and Snow White.

Only other one I've seen was Hobbit.

whiterabbit

I haven't seen life of pie yet but the avengers, snow white and the hobbit weren't that great.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think The Hobbit or The Avengers will win.

whiterabbit

I'd be shocked if Life of Pi doesn't win because that is the one old people would vote for and the academy electorate is very old.

Space7Horror

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2013, 12:31:54 AM
Quote from: Queen7 on Feb 25, 2013, 12:28:00 AM

Prometheus isn't?  Yes it is - Visual Effects against Life Of Pi, The Hobbit, Avengers, and Snow White.

Only other one I've seen was Hobbit.

Oops I was unaware but I'm glad it's on there and I hope it wins.

echobbase79

Life of Pi will probably get it. But Prometheus has a strong chance. I don't watch the awards but do they have a category for sets? I'd have to give props to the film there.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 25, 2013, 02:04:36 AM
Life of Pi will probably get it. But Prometheus has a strong chance. I don't watch the awards but do they have a category for sets? I'd have to give props to the film there.

AAAAAAaaaand Life of Pi got it.

Gash

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 25, 2013, 02:10:31 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 25, 2013, 02:04:36 AM

AAAAAAaaaand Life of Pi got it.

Pity.

Cal427eb

whiterabbit

StrangeShape

I think Hobbit shouldve gotten it, although it would be nice for Prometheus to get at least some recognition. They also poked a joke at the movie when Mcfarlane said "a cast of Prometheus will come up onstage to explain just what the hell was going on in this movie"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed