You think Prometheus will gonna win the Academy Award for Visual Effects?

Started by aliens13, Feb 25, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

You think Prometheus will gonna win the Academy Award for Visual Effects?

Yes.
7 (43.8%)
No.
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Feb 26, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

Author
You think Prometheus will gonna win the Academy Award for Visual Effects? (Read 3,538 times)

Gash

Doesn't Visual FX cover prosthetic and mechanical/animatronics too. For the seamless blend of all of those I'd go with Prometheus.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Gash on Mar 12, 2013, 05:42:45 PM
Doesn't Visual FX cover prosthetic and mechanical/animatronics too. For the seamless blend of all of those I'd go with Prometheus.

No, prosthetic and mechanical/animatronics are "Special Effects" to not be mistaken with "Visual Effects".
They are now part of "Makeup & Hairstyles" and "Costumes" categories for the oscars I believe.

SFX become more and more rare and usually they tend to sucks more than VFX, are very limited and can harm the actors.

Slaine

I'm just happy that Alien movies are being nominated for Academy awards again. Even though I didn't like Prometheus much.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 10, 2013, 04:10:36 PMBe careful with that quoting of yours. I didn't say that.

Yikes, sorry about that.

Vickers

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 13, 2013, 02:30:24 AM
Quote from: Vickers on Mar 10, 2013, 04:10:36 PMBe careful with that quoting of yours. I didn't say that.

Yikes, sorry about that.

Lol, no problem. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed