Xenomorph Queen

Started by Kalawaki, Feb 20, 2013, 03:10:19 AM

Author
Xenomorph Queen (Read 5,419 times)

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 20, 2013, 04:01:03 AM
Quote from: Lie on Feb 20, 2013, 03:54:44 AM
Mate I'm gonna stop you right here, DO NOT... IN ANYWAY.... ADD THIS GAME.... TO THIS LIST OF THINGS THAT ARE CANON.
Talk to Fox about that, they're the ones that signed it off as canon.

I consider it lower canon then the films, about as canon as the official books such as Earth Hive.
Not true, canon truly is a state of mind. You believe what you want to believe, I do not believe that Hick is alive, I do not believe that one of Fifields "Pups" was in the Derelict, I chose to believe that this game added NOTHING to the alien story-line at all.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: Lie on Feb 20, 2013, 04:07:36 AM
Mate I'm gonna stop you right here, DO NOT... IN ANYWAY.... ADD THIS GAME.... TO THIS LIST OF THINGS THAT ARE CANON.

I consider it lower canon then the films, about as canon as the official books such as Earth Hive.
Not true, canon truly is a state of mind. You believe what you want to believe, I do not believe that Hick is alive, I do not believe that one of Fifields "Pups" was in the Derelict, I chose to believe that this game added NOTHING to the alien story-line at all.
the latter is VERY probable. The pups' designs could have been bought out by Wey-Yu and used on future survey missions.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 20, 2013, 03:42:32 AM

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2013, 03:40:25 AM
I think he means the one from the AVP movie
Didn't necessarily like that queen either, she fought like a very tall barbarian. With a tail.

AND she was redesigned as well - http://jamescamerononline.com/AlienQueen.htm

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Going to go off for a minute about this.

The Queen battle was just horrendous. It's like they tried to rip off AvP '99, but did so in the most horrible and non-entertaining way possible.

The first time my buddy and I played it on co-op, we hit all the switches, got the Queen on the track, and the ejector thing clipped right through her legs. No joke. ;D The worst "boss" attempt in game I've ever seen, Aliens or not. The fact that it is Aliens just makes it worse.

A proper Queen battle in a game like this would have to go something like dis: the marines fight their way into the hive against sporadic Aliens (to rescue people or what have you,) but as soon as they near the egg chamber/Queen, a massive wave comes at them from every angle. This forces the marines to engage the warriors and allows the Queen to start tearing away from her egg sack.

The wave could culminate in the royal guards, being faster + smarter + tougher and very deadly. These would buy the Queen time to become mobile, and she would enter a game of cat-and-mouse with the marines (who should now be ammo-strapped, the entire point of the waves.) The eggs in the room would also open unless destroyed, so facehuggers (without goddamned QTE sequences, but more AvP 1 style) would be another threat for the marines to deal with.

She would avoid taking direct gunfire, and use her environment and any surviving Royal Guards to her advantage to try and kill the players. Of course, this would all be in a game with more dynamic choices and less scripting, so you could possibly kill the Queen here or fail and have to do another sequence, just like Aliens.

Sigh. I'm just disappointing myself here, must stahp. :laugh:

UDA

UDA

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 20, 2013, 06:36:28 AM
Quote from: Lie on Feb 20, 2013, 04:07:36 AM

the latter is VERY probable. The pups' designs could have been bought out by Wey-Yu and used on future survey missions.

I don't believe cannon has anything to do with Belief. It's what matches up to the facts of the original work. Whether it be by deductive reasoning or simple logic. Things cannot be deduced are left to outside sources and interpretation, but that's not as much as we think, we take a-lot for granted, or as common knowledge.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 22, 2013, 08:01:25 PM
Going to go off for a minute about this.

The Queen battle was just horrendous. It's like they tried to rip off AvP '99, but did so in the most horrible and non-entertaining way possible.

The first time my buddy and I played it on co-op, we hit all the switches, got the Queen on the track, and the ejector thing clipped right through her legs. No joke. ;D The worst "boss" attempt in game I've ever seen, Aliens or not. The fact that it is Aliens just makes it worse.

A proper Queen battle in a game like this would have to go something like dis: the marines fight their way into the hive against sporadic Aliens (to rescue people or what have you,) but as soon as they near the egg chamber/Queen, a massive wave comes at them from every angle. This forces the marines to engage the warriors and allows the Queen to start tearing away from her egg sack.

The wave could culminate in the royal guards, being faster + smarter + tougher and very deadly. These would buy the Queen time to become mobile, and she would enter a game of cat-and-mouse with the marines (who should now be ammo-strapped, the entire point of the waves.) The eggs in the room would also open unless destroyed, so facehuggers (without goddamned QTE sequences, but more AvP 1 style) would be another threat for the marines to deal with.

She would avoid taking direct gunfire, and use her environment and any surviving Royal Guards to her advantage to try and kill the players. Of course, this would all be in a game with more dynamic choices and less scripting, so you could possibly kill the Queen here or fail and have to do another sequence, just like Aliens.

Sigh. I'm just disappointing myself here, must stahp. :laugh:

in a perfect world ey! the queen fight on the ship was terrible. seems like most of the games end that iv played end that way

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

Do you even slightly believe that they gave a seconds consideration to the queen's  size in comparison to other Aliens products?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Her size first came to mind when I remembered seeing the size of the rear area of the drop ship in the Sulaco hanger which was from the film, then looking back at the part in the film when the Queen attacks Bishop then climbs down out the back. Then I saw the Queen later in the game trying to escape (an intense moment). But after that I started looking at the hanger part, then the angry Queen part, then my head kept looking back and forth again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...

Spoiler
and again...
[close]

UDA

UDA

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 23, 2013, 07:03:03 AM
Her size first came to mind when I remembered seeing the size of the rear area of the drop ship in the Sulaco hanger which was from the film, then looking back at the part in the film when the Queen attacks Bishop then climbs down out the back. Then I saw the Queen later in the game trying to escape (an intense moment). But after that I started looking at the hanger part, then the angry Queen part, then my head kept looking back and forth again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...

Spoiler
and again...
[close]

Yes, That's the same comparison i was making. She's too damn big, or the dropship is too damn small, which I think might be more to the case, but even if you extend the dropship, I think she's still oversized.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

i think they did it because the queen in aliens looked out of proportion and silly when moving.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 23, 2013, 01:09:53 PM
i think they did it because the queen in aliens looked out of proportion and silly when moving.

Cause her legs were atrophied from lack of movement. The way she moved in Aliens actually made sense. In AVP she walked like a predatory animal, which she is not. Shes just an egg layer

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

It's Queen Kong: the Eighth Wonder of the world!
Seriously, is she twenty-five, thirty-five foot tall?

Ash 937

Ash 937

A:CM proves that the Queen in Aliens was a juvenile because it was significantly smaller than the one in Aliens.  I like how A:CM opens up the canon to a debate about just how big queens can get.  Maybe we will see an even larger one when Gearbox releases DLC or gives us a sequel to A:CM.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 23, 2013, 09:56:44 PM
A:CM proves that the Queen in Aliens was a juvenile because it was significantly smaller than the one in Aliens.  I like how A:CM opens up the canon to a debate about just how big queens can get.  Maybe we will see an even larger one when Gearbox releases DLC or gives us a sequel to A:CM.

How tall was the queen in A:CM?

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 23, 2013, 06:55:28 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 23, 2013, 01:09:53 PM

Cause her legs were atrophied from lack of movement. The way she moved in Aliens actually made sense. In AVP she walked like a predatory animal, which she is not. Shes just an egg layer

was this in the script or given as a reason. didnt know they were atrophied, i just thought they were limitations of technology. i know the upper body and head needed room for action mechanics

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed