Game is selling more than Dead Space 2?

Started by Naissus, Feb 18, 2013, 01:06:52 AM

Author
Game is selling more than Dead Space 2? (Read 28,726 times)

AcidGlow

Quote from: Slaine on Feb 18, 2013, 01:48:13 AM
It'll sell well. It's riding on the back of the franchise hard; we all know anything to do with Alien makes money, regardless of it's quality. People will blind buy it and then get screwed once they realise what they've just bought. Hell, that's what happened to me, and i'm sure the majority of us who pre-ordered it.

This.

Agreed.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 18, 2013, 06:05:11 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 18, 2013, 04:34:34 AM

on console it takes 20 seconds at the most for me. matchmaking actually works on this one
On PC it takes about 1-2 min to find an Extermination match, 2-3 min for Escape, 5 for Surv.

Clearly it is not selling well on PC or people just stopped playing.

Snow Leopard

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 18, 2013, 06:05:11 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 18, 2013, 04:34:34 AM

on console it takes 20 seconds at the most for me. matchmaking actually works on this one
On PC it takes about 1-2 min to find an Extermination match, 2-3 min for Escape, 5 for Surv.
Quite the opposite sir, extermination matchmaking for PC is a painfull w8ing process

WinterActual

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 18, 2013, 06:18:04 AM

You can see for yourself http://store.steampowered.com/stats/  :laugh:

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 18, 2013, 07:15:43 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 18, 2013, 06:18:04 AM

You can see for yourself http://store.steampowered.com/stats/  :laugh:

5,000 ish players. OUCH. LOLOLOLOL.

Suck my cack, Pitchford. You fraud.

Darkness

It's topped the UK game charts now, topping Dead Space 3. It apparently has the best opening week sales so far in 2013:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/uk-chart-aliens-colonial-marines-the-biggest-launch-of-2013-so-far-6404055

Dusk

Does no one in the UK have access to the internet?

WarriorRidged

The franchise is very popular here in the UK. Most people 25-50 regard Alien/Aliens as absolute classics, pinnacles of the genre - you don't meet many haters at all from that demographic. So many Brits in the cast and crew, the original trilogy was shot here etc. I'm not surprised at all, that it's doing very well over here. Obviously I say this with little/no knowledge of how the original films are regarded these days in the US/rest of the world.

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 18, 2013, 01:51:30 PM
Does no one in the UK have access to the internet?

Here's the thing... A:CM is not being marketed towards people who actually follow the progress of a games' development. The game is quite clearly being marketed towards the kind of people who just walk into a store and pick up whatever is being hyped as a latest release. Last week pretty much every Game store I looked at was transformed into a A:CM hype machine with posters, bill-boards, trailers playing 24/7, lots of shelf space dedicated to advertising the collectors pack/DLC season pass etc.  I even had a staff member try to tell me I should buy the game on Xbox360 because it "totally rocks and it's JUST like the movie".

Whatever Randy Pitchford may have said, the target auidence for A:CM is the kind of casual gamer who is prepared to purchase a video game blindly, who will probably play the game for a few weeks or whatever and then trade it in, or simply replace it when the next big hyped title comes out.

dave1978

What we really need to see is a 'fastest game to previous owned sale shelves'  those shelves will be overflowing by the end of the week.

RayneStorm82

Glad it's done we'll, hopefully cements a future for the franchise. Just take its as far away from GearBox as possible.

Nightlord

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 18, 2013, 01:42:08 PM
It's topped the UK game charts now, topping Dead Space 3. It apparently has the best opening week sales so far in 2013:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/uk-chart-aliens-colonial-marines-the-biggest-launch-of-2013-so-far-6404055
It's doing better than DS3  :o that's some f**king vodoo magic man.

demonbane

Quote from: RayneStorm82 on Feb 18, 2013, 03:33:47 PM
Glad it's done we'll, hopefully cements a future for the franchise. Just take its as far away from GearBox as possible.
Good sale of this game means that Gearbox will rather have a strong foothold on Aliens. So no.

Dusk

I guess it's ok that it does well in the first week. The game has been hyped to kingdom come and everyone expected a great game. Word should get around how terrible it is. Though if it manages to remain at first place the second week, then that's just sad.

RedHood

That sucks for PC... Xbox isn't bad at all. I'm having fun online, but it kinda upsets me seeing Sega and Gearbox get away with murder by selling good numbers. They'll probably release another Aliens 5 years from now but it would've been only 5 months in the making.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed