What was a bigger disappointment: Prometheus, or Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Feb 16, 2013, 07:42:13 PM

So...?

Prometheus
24 (31.2%)
Aliens: Colonial Marines
53 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author
What was a bigger disappointment: Prometheus, or Aliens: Colonial Marines? (Read 5,254 times)

MrSpaceJockey

It might be a silly question, but there was a poll regarding which people were looking forward to more, so I suppose this one was bound to be asked sometime.

This isn't solely regarding the quality of each product; Anticipation, expectations, and the reaction to the result should be factored in as well.

Elicas

Prometheus. Directed by Ridley Scott as the Alien prequel, I really expected Alien2. Then it wasn't actually a direct prequel. Then it was "Set in the same universe". Then it "shared the same DNA as Alien". Then it was released.

What a load of utter f**king wank that film was.

It's still the only film where I've ever walked out of the cinema part way through.

Valaquen

Prometheus. Ridley Scott, great opportunity to use the Space Jockey and Giger, etc.
Colonial Marines is something I can ignore easier. Even with all the canon talk from GBX, it'll never be regarded on the same level as the films, even if it were good. People would rather watch a movie than crowd around someone playing a computer game.

MrSpaceJockey

Hm, I thought Prometheus, since it got relatively ok  reviews, would actually fare better so far in this vote than A:CM.  I guess I'm not alone as I thought.

An excellent point about film vs game.

OmegaZilla

I'm not much of a videogamer, but I was eagerly awaiting for Aliens: Colonial Marines. Was kind of disappointed by what I heard.

That said, the sheer size of the disappointment is definitely much more massive in the case of Prometheus. Easily.

Xenomrph

Definitely A:CM. Prometheus at least had quality behind it, even if what it did wasn't always my cup of tea. Colonial Marines flat-out failed to deliver on the ideas it promised us. Prometheus didn't promise us anything.

whiterabbit

Prometheus ended up being a science-fiction movie that only takes place inside of the alien universe. It is a good movie but just not the move most of us wanted. ACM on the other hand seems to be a major mess.

chupacabras acheronsis

i actually had expectations for Prometheus.

A:CM was landing without gear(pun not intended)

Cal427eb

A:CM f**king easily.... Its a disgrace in every regard. I can't believe people are voting for Prometheus.

ScardyFox

Prometheus, easily for me.

Salt The Fries

Aliens: Colonial Marines, no contest. Worst game ever.

SiL

Salt The Fries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntEz4o5eq7k#ws

I played this in the early 1990s on C64, mind you :D

DJ Pu$$yface

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed