Season Pass Details

Started by ikarop, Jan 29, 2013, 05:28:32 PM

Author
Season Pass Details (Read 34,448 times)

rockox

rockox

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 08, 2013, 05:31:17 PM
Does anyone have any idea what all the DLC will cost individually without the season pass?

If Sega is saying the Season Pass is 40% off what you'd normally pay, I'd guess there will be Bug Hunt for $15 (1200 MS points), two smaller packs for $10 (800 MS points) and a bigger pack for another $15 (1200 MS points) for a total of $50 or 4000 MS points.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Greenmangaming.com has the PC season pass for $20. Its already 10% off then it gives you a code you can enter to get an additional 25% off. I just got it. Its a Steam key so you will need to wait until release to get the key.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

What if the game won't live long enough to see those 4 DLC packs released? :D What about those who bought the Season Pass and never got to see anything in return? :D :D :D

WinterActual

Those DLCs are pretty much done no matter what so they will release it for sure. There's no other way.

Elicas

Elicas

I'm 100% sure that most of those DLC's will already be on the disc, they just want the extra cash.

There is no way they didn't start work on Bug Hunt until after they had finished the game.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I agree. They deliberately leave stuff like this out of the game to make money. Makes me sick. DLC is the worst thing to come out of this generation of consoles.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Seen the Season Pass in Game. 20 quid.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I use to like DLC. Now I hate it.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 10, 2013, 08:53:29 PM
I use to like DLC. Now I hate it.

It was fine back when it was essentially cheap novelty stuff. "Want this cool exclusive skin? 99%!" "Want this funny hat? 99%!"

Now it's... Five bucks for a couple maps. 15 bucks for a game mode... Way too pricey. Especially when you get into the "micro" transactions, like in Dead Space 3. It stops being micro when I have to start counting bills, imho. :)

predxeno

predxeno

DLC is ok if developers come up with new stuff that they regret not having thought up earlier, but sometimes I get the feeling that EXCLUSIVE DLC like in preorder bonuses is just getting ridiculous.

Vertigo

Vertigo

DLC doesn't have to be a dirty word in itself. For starters, it can be free (as it was in Unreal Tournament which, as far as I know, pioneered the concept). And it can greatly expand the lifetime of the game; I wouldn't be playing TF2, Civ 5, Skyrim or Dawn of War 2 without their DLC.

The trick is for it to be material that's developed after release, so it's not a left-off-the-disc buyer-screwing, and that it's priced right - for £10 it needs to be a full-on expansion pack (as in Civ), not a few maps and a gametype. Epic would give that shit away for free.

:edit: Gah, so many ninjas on these boards.

:Re-edit: Also, in my opinion, multiplayer maps and gametypes make for bad premium DLC as they split the community. Any extra online content needs to be usable in matches with non-buyers, such as additional characters or weapon customisations. Either way, once the multiplayer scene dies down, very few are likely to buy it (which may have happened with AvP3's DLC, I don't know how well that sold).

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2013, 05:56:19 PM
Seen the Season Pass in Game. 20 quid.

For sale already?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. Those little card things.

predxeno

predxeno

Are they being sold for the consoles yet or is it still just the PC?

rockox

rockox

I was just on Xbox Live Marketplace this morning and didn't see anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed