Which will you get and why? Standard, Limited, or Collectors Edition?

Started by WarriorRidged, Jan 26, 2013, 07:48:47 PM

Will you purchase Standard, Limited, or Collector's edition?

Standard
12 (20%)
Limited
14 (23.3%)
Collector's
34 (56.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author
Which will you get and why? Standard, Limited, or Collectors Edition? (Read 4,981 times)

Razz

Limited.

Would have gone for the collectors if the embroidery patches (I'm modifying a denim and an army jacket with band and military patches) were with it but it looks like it isn't anymore, that and money. :-\

darthmaul1

Quote from: Makkaveli101 on Jan 27, 2013, 12:04:46 PM
Quote from: Vers on Jan 27, 2013, 11:18:36 AM
Collectors. Why?

1) I buy at the very most 1 game a year
2) This will likely be the last game I ever buy
2) This is the closest they're probably ever going to get to portraying the Colonial Marines the way they should.
3) Out of gratitude for completely ignoring predators. PS: You will not be missed, ever.

Know that feeling! It's a shame...never used to feel like this pre AvP films and AvP 2010.

What was wrong with the latest avp game??

WinterActual

darthmaul1

It was leaps and bounds better than the craptactar COD or modern ware fare.

ScardyFox

Quote from: darthmaul1 on Jan 27, 2013, 06:11:30 PM

Liar liar pants on fire.

WinterActual

Quote from: darthmaul1 on Jan 27, 2013, 06:11:30 PM
No doubt about that, but it was poor compared to what the previous AvP games had to offer. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the game is total crap like many other are saying but its just not what it was supposed to be. Its broken and unfinished on so many levels. Its average at best. Good - nah.

ScardyFox

I'll say it: it wastotal crap. But this isn't really the correct thread for it. I just hope it ends up being better than AVP 3 or I'll never trust the Alien game franchise again.

WinterActual

No matter in what state AvP '10 was, I am pretty sure ACM will be 10 times better.

ScardyFox

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 27, 2013, 06:45:34 PM
No matter in what state AvP '10 was, I am pretty sure ACM will be 10 times better.

Hope you're right :)

WinterActual

If we close our eyes for the CoD clone stuff, ACM have more content in it than AvP '10 - more features including coop campaign, customization, class making, objective based modes, its basically in the same timeline like the movie so we have exact copies of the weapons, armors etc. unlike in AvP, we will have the chance to revisit Hadley's Hope (even if its ridiculous canon wise) etc. etc.. I mean ACM is already better than AvP '10 because of its content, without GBX trying to make it "for the fans" it still will be the best Colonial Marines - Aliens like experience up to date. I am sure everybody who don't like preds at all and he enjoyed all marines vs aliens only modes  in the previous AvP game, will love ACM.

WarriorRidged

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 27, 2013, 08:18:31 PM
If we close our eyes for the CoD clone stuff, ACM have more content in it than AvP '10 - more features including coop campaign, customization, class making, objective based modes, its basically in the same timeline like the movie so we have exact copies of the weapons, armors etc. unlike in AvP, we will have the chance to revisit Hadley's Hope (even if its ridiculous canon wise) etc. etc.. I mean ACM is already better than AvP '10 because of its content, without GBX trying to make it "for the fans" it still will be the best Colonial Marines - Aliens like experience up to date. I am sure everybody who don't like preds at all and he enjoyed all marines vs aliens only modes  in the previous AvP game, will love ACM.

Here! Here! :)

darthmaul1

COD clone stuff?? Avp 1 and 2 was on the pc before COD POS

Vers

Vers

Quote from: darthmaul1 on Jan 28, 2013, 01:09:42 AM

COD clone stuff?? Avp 1 and 2 was on the pc before COD POS

He's saying while A:CM resembles COD, it will still do better than AVP2010. And quite frankly, regardless of how you feel about COD, it plays a helluva lot better than AVP2010 did.

Back on topic, I don't blame anyone for possessing a healthy does [dose] of reluctance towards getting the CE after so many disappointments in the past.

avpfan101

limited edition because i pre ordered it from my local gamestop so excited :) :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed