Ghost in the Shell "Arise" aka GITS Appreciation thread ( AKA BIG PERSONS TABLE)

Started by Rong, Jan 21, 2013, 10:16:42 PM

Author
Ghost in the Shell "Arise" aka GITS Appreciation thread ( AKA BIG PERSONS TABLE) (Read 17,047 times)

Rong

With the new series "Arise" by Kazuchika Kise ( Blood +, and the Evangelion Movie)  on the horizon and seeing as there seems to quite a few fans on the forum Lets talk Ghost in the shell.

Whats your favorite incarnation?

Masamune Shirow's Original Manga.

Mamoru Oshii's Film Ingmar Bergman-esque adaptations "Ghost in the shell" and "Innocence"

Kenji Kamiyama's Tv series "Stand Alone Complex", "2nd Gig", And Movie "Solid State Society"

Me personally, i like different elements of all of them, The Art and tone of the Manga (not taking itself so seriously, the extended view of the world, the contrast of different levels of ai) , the introspection of Oshii's Film's, The procedural elements of the Kayimyama's series, and the style and animation of "Innocence" and gits 2.0.

What Say you?

Cvalda

Rong

Cvalda

Rong

Cvalda

Blacklabel

This thread. this f**kin thread.  :laugh:

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 21, 2013, 10:34:10 PM
http://oi49.tinypic.com/34r7l1d.jpg

His Face when nooboddddyyyy liek'd "Assault Girls" ...... nobody.... don't tell me....

Spoiler
.... you like it.....
[close]

ShadowPred

I sure as hell didn't like it.

Cvalda

I kinda liked it.

Die hard fan. No shame.

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 21, 2013, 10:41:49 PM
I kinda liked it.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/dcctpu.jpg Die hard fan. No shame.

........"I kinda liked it."

....................." liked it."

Spoiler
[close]

Cvalda

It's intentional self-parody.

Drink the Oshii kool aid and it will all make sense to you.

SM

Watched the movie a bunch of times. Read the manga once and remember finding it rather dull.

Or was that Appleseed?  I forget...

Rong

Quote from: SM on Jan 21, 2013, 10:45:58 PM
Watched the movie a bunch of times. Read the manga once and remember finding it rather dull.

Or was that Appleseed?  I forget...

Spoiler
????
[close]

Cvalda

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed