Interstellar

Started by ace3g, Jan 10, 2013, 02:48:04 AM

Author
Interstellar (Read 62,579 times)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 23, 2014, 12:30:39 AM
Quote from: wL0316 on Sep 23, 2014, 12:27:44 AM
Director Christopher Nolan said, "It's almost like a mirror image of Inception. It expands out in the way Inception contracts inwards."

Love this comment.

Not even sure what he meant by that. I know that Inception is all about the human condition in terms of guilt and the movie literally takes place in peoples heads.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Sep 24, 2014, 05:19:49 PM
Not even sure what he meant by that. I know that Inception is all about the human condition in terms of guilt and the movie literally takes place in peoples heads.

Inception is about exploring the human consciousness; you can't get any more subjective than that. Interstellar is about exploring the cosmos; expanding past your own experiences to see what lies beyond.

Inception= subjectivity

Interstellar= objectivity

The two movies should compliment each other well.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Sep 24, 2014, 05:19:49 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Sep 23, 2014, 12:30:39 AM
Quote from: wL0316 on Sep 23, 2014, 12:27:44 AM
Director Christopher Nolan said, "It's almost like a mirror image of Inception. It expands out in the way Inception contracts inwards."

Love this comment.

Because it's the comment we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

No but srs, adding to what TYA said: Inception is about being an architect within your mind (building a dream within a dream), in Interstellar it's about being an architect of worlds externally, by going into space, seeking new habitable places, designing the fate of human future.

That doesn't mean, that only because one is subjective and the other objective they don't follow the same thread:

- The Journey back to the family by "one last assignment".
- love connecting 2 seemingly seperate worlds
- cemented by a promise that will serve as the main arc for the character's journey
- bending time and space for the benefit of it

First Blood

Shasvre

Shasvre

Eva

Eva

Watching that group of astronauts/explorers traversing a barren landscape in one of these stills, instantly transports me back to the original The Planet Of The Apes. 8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Sep 25, 2014, 10:56:00 AM
Watching that group of astronauts/explorers traversing a barren landscape in one of these stills, instantly transports me back to the original The Planet Of The Apes. 8)

Ah, yes, the Burton film. :)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Shasvre on Sep 25, 2014, 11:01:08 AM

Richard Burton wasn't in the original Apes film, dummy. :)

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Sep 25, 2014, 11:06:02 AM

Spoiler
[close]
I was obviously talking about Jeff Burton. ::)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Shasvre on Sep 25, 2014, 11:08:09 AM
Quote from: Eva on Sep 25, 2014, 11:06:02 AM

Spoiler
[close]
I was obviously talking about Jeff Burton. ::)

And that makes it 2 threads, me getting trolled by you, in just as many minutes...

I see no other option than retreating for now and carefully plan just exactly how I will exact my counter response to this day of eternal infamy...

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

First Blood

First Blood

I was thinking the exact same thing before clicking the spoiler! :laugh:

wL0316

Vepariga

Vepariga

I really hope this film is amazing. It looks good so far

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed