In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,842 times)

SM

SM

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He wouldn't be a supporter of anything. He'd just kindly do his own thing, smile at you, and keep on abiding.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2014, 02:44:19 AM
But, the article full of lies.
Which parts? They sourced pretty much everything they said. :-\

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 04, 2014, 02:49:05 AM
Enlighten as to why it does not deserve to be dismissed.

Cvalda, we've had this conversation several times now, and it always goes the same way. I've explained my position to you calmly and simply, and I'll try again one more time since you've asked, but given our last few discussions on the topic, I'm not really expecting a civil and honest response.

1. Men, like women, suffer certain problems. These have been discussed at length in this thread.
2. These problems are not necessarily equal to or greater then the sexism that women face, and often times are not nearly as bad.
3. Men suffering these issues should be fairly represented.
4. Majority of groups who profess to do just that are a bunch of c**ts who suck at the job.

I'm not sure where the disagreement is between us here. I never defend any actual MRM groups, but you always tear into me if I defend the concept of MRM, even when I openly express the same distaste for MRM groups you feel. I have to be honest, it really feels like your not interested in any kind of exchange and just get a kick out of arguing over this.

That may not be how you intend to present yourself, but it's definitely the impression you give me. I've spoken simply and calmly to you, so please do the same for me Cvalda. I don't want a repeat of the last discussion we had. Now, could you please clarify that you understand my position?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2014, 03:00:58 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2014, 02:44:19 AM
But, the article full of lies.
Which parts? They sourced pretty much everything they said. :-\

Again, not going to bother. I don't want to waste my energy.

If those of you, like Cvalda and SiL (as indicated by their most recent posts), are interested in knowing what the article got wrong, I am organizing a Google Hangout that I would be happy to invite to you view, as I breakdown the piece with fellow MRAs. I'm serious, I want you to interact with us as we discuss it. Would that be of interest to you?

Sabby

Sabby

Will you be uploading it to Youtube afterwards? I usually listen to podcasts as I game, so I'd be interested to hear a discussion on the article after I actually get around to reading it, so won't be there live sadly. It would be nice to see an actually proper discussion on the matter for once.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes, it will be streamed live via YouTube then be uploaded to my channel.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2014, 03:04:13 AM
If those of you, like Cvalda and SiL (as indicated by their most recent posts), are interested in knowing what the article got wrong, I am organizing a Google Hangout that I would be happy to invite to you view, as I breakdown the piece with fellow MRAs. I'm serious, I want you to interact with us as we discuss it. Would that be of interest to you?
Absolutely none of you are going to admit that any of the article is right and are going to end up saying exactly what the article says: "No, that's a fringe group, we aren't like that" :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well SiL, here's your chance to hear us set the record straight. Do you want to hear it or not?

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2014, 03:09:54 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2014, 03:04:13 AM
Absolutely none of you are going to admit that any of the article is right and are going to end up saying exactly what the article says: "No, that's a fringe group, we aren't like that" :-\

Uhg, I hate that defense :/ It can be valid, but it so often isn't.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2014, 03:10:56 AM
Well SiL, here's your chance to hear us set the record straight. Do you want to hear it or not?
If you can't defend it yourself here, why do you expect us to make the jump to an entire other web page so that you can have a whole group help you?

SiL

SiL

And when I go through the AVfM articles I read this morning and point to all the stuff in them which clearly, clearly backs up what the article says, what do you think the reaction will be? "You're misreading", etc.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 04, 2014, 03:12:25 AM
If you can't defend it yourself here, why do you expect us to make the jump to an entire other web page so that you can have a whole group help you?

I can, but given past experiences, it becomes an exercise in futility. Don't act as if intelligent exchanges on the subject have happened in the past. You know just as well I do what happens when we get into this. Also, it's rather odd for you to point out that I would have a group behind me, considering that's exactly what I have endured when these exchanges occur in this very thread. Let's not kid ourselves.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2014, 03:13:51 AM
And when I go through the AVfM articles I read this morning and point to all the stuff in them which clearly, clearly backs up what the article says, what do you think the reaction will be? "You're misreading", etc.

You didn't answer my question.

SM

SM

Cvalda, you do realise you're simply conforming to the stereotype of women that oppress western white middle-class men who don't get laid as often as they feel they're entitled to, right?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2014, 03:15:30 AM
Also, it's rather odd for you to point out that I would have a group behind me, considering that's exactly what I have endured when these exchanges occur in this very thread.
Perhaps the fact that really only one person here is on your side -- on your own home turf web hangout, no less -- should give you pause.

Quote from: SM on Jun 04, 2014, 03:17:41 AM
Cvalda, you do realise you're simply conforming to the stereotype of women that oppress western white middle-class men who don't get laid as often as they feel they're entitled to, right?
I'm not going far enough, I need to step up my game.
[oppression intensifies]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed