In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,747 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Here's your answer:

QuoteDon't blame the prosecutors; they didn't have a choice. Blame the Wisconsin state legislature.

Here's the relevant portion of the Wisconsin statute:

"An adult court has original jurisdiction over all of the following:
- A juvenile who is alleged to have attempted or committed first-degree intentional homicide or to have committed first- or second-degree reckless homicide on or after the juvenile's 10th birthday."

The statute then provides for the court to hold a preliminary hearing to determine if the case falls under that section. If there is such a finding, then:

"the court must determine whether to retain jurisdiction or to transfer jurisdiction to the juvenile court. The adult court must retain jurisdiction unless the juvenile proves by a preponderance of the evidence all of the following:
- That, if convicted, the juvenile could not receive adequate treatment in the criminal justice system.
- That transferring jurisdiction to the juvenile court would not depreciate the seriousness of the offense.
- That retaining jurisdiction is not necessary to deter the juvenile or other juveniles from committing the violation of which the juvenile is accused."

Topazora

Topazora

what the f**k is wrong with people?

Cvalda

SM

SM

Whole lotta strokin' goin' on...

Cvalda

Cvalda

"Accidents..."

BANE

BANE

Bathtubs and showers are f**king lethal.

And I'm not even joking.

SM

SM

The excess of fat on your American bones
Will cushion the impact as you sink like a stone

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Jun 03, 2014, 10:04:10 PM
In light of the recent Friendzone Shooting, Cracked asks the hard question: Is the MRM as bad as white supremacists?

Spoiler alert: Yes. They are.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-uncomfortable-truths-behind-mens-rights-movement/

Lol, this article is so disingenuous it's amazing. Then again, it's Cracked.com, the self-proclaimed geniuses of the internet, so...

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2014, 02:16:41 AM
Lol, this article is so disingenuous it's amazing.
Disingenuous how, exactly?

Quotedisingenuous: Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 04, 2014, 02:42:15 AM

Quotedisingenuous: Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Disingenious was the wrong word to use, my bad.

But, the article full of lies. Normally, I'd actually take the time to explain it all, point by point, but given the attitude towards the MRM on this forum, it's not worth my time. I'll save my energy for something more productive.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2014, 02:44:19 AM

But, the article full of lies. Normally, I'd actually take the time to explain it all, point by point, but given the attitude towards the MRM on this forum, it's not worth my time. I'll save my energy for something more productive.

To be fair, it's mostly deserved. It does get a bit irritating when the very concept of MRM is dismissed, but it's hard to defend what we're stuck with.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Try us.

If the MRM is truly misrepresented, and is actually a worthy, important cause, should you not seek to enlighten us all?

Quote from: Sabby on Jun 04, 2014, 02:47:55 AM
It does get a bit irritating when the very concept of MRM is dismissed
Enlighten as to why it does not deserve to be dismissed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sabby on Jun 04, 2014, 02:47:55 AM

To be fair, it's mostly deserved. It does get a bit irritating when the very concept of MRM is dismissed, but it's hard to defend what we're stuck with.

Again, I would defend it, as I have in the past, but you and I both know exactly where it's going to lead and how it will end. In this case, I'm pulling a Dude and saying,

Cvalda

Cvalda

I doubt the Dude would be an MRM supporter.

Jussayin'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed