Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,088 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Goddammit! Spoilers!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I don't remember the last time a private citizen ever saved themselves or someone with a gun. I do know of a lot of instance where a criminal committed a crime using a gun though.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They happen they just don't get the liberal press that shootings do. 
Quote from: Rong on May 26, 2014, 03:09:32 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on May 25, 2014, 08:49:40 PM
I'm for much stronger gun laws.  Maybe people need to get a shrink evaluation before they can purchase.  But in my own family on my mom's side there is so much unlicensed weaponry that would appear on nobody's books or documentation that it would be asinine to expect anybody but law abiding citizens to turn their weapons in. 

You can't confiscate weapons you don't know exist.

Straya c**t.

it works here criminals typically use weapons against criminals, guns still exist here, but gun crime is reduced, less guns (especially automatics that are only used for killing people ) out there the better, it minimises risk it makes sense, one of the best things Howard did.

Automatics ARE illegal here unless you undergo a very hard very lengthy process to acquire a license for them.  Then I believe only certain people can get them.  Armorers and museums and stuff like that.

If you mean semi-automatics no way jose that will ever pass in 'Merica and if it does America won't be America anymore.  The best I ever see is that semi-auto longrifles are banned where the only longgun you can get are old style rifles and shotguns. 

Maybe the banning of high capacity pistols and high capacity magazines though I think that's doubtful. 

The best I ever see happening is that lawmakers make buying a weapon such a lengthy process that people will get frustrated and say f**k it and go with some other means of home defense.  Eventually I think for semi-auto rifles everyone will adopt the California rules and have the magazines taken down to 8 or 5 rounds where if somebody saw someone walking down the street with a thirty round mag they know it would be illegal and could call the cops to intervene. 

It'd take some Nazi Fascist motherf**ker to come into America and get rid of EVERY weapon.  Which would break America and make it eat itself.  Most Americans aren't afraid of criminals, they are afraid of big brother.  For real.  That's why there is such an outcry everytime the government starts talking about it.  Its not so much people afraid of criminal uprising as it is that will be the last official step where 'Merica is not ruled by the people.  No shit.  I think if somebody came in and banned weapons there would be open revolt.  It might be shortlived when people realize that the government has way more ways to kill them than they do the government but I have no doubts that it will happen.   

Except liberals who are always down with big government as long as there is free shit to be given to them. 

Politically moderate.  No big government, no big corporations.  f**k em both. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 26, 2014, 05:00:29 AM
They happen they just don't get the liberal press that shootings do.
Yeah, okay Alex Jones.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

http://www.guns.com/2014/05/09/arizona-woman-attacked-during-home-invasion-fights-back-shoots-burglar-video/

took two seconds to find but I never heard about it on any major news

simply typed burglar 2014 may into google

Libs hate guns, libs own half the news market.  So when guns are used for defense they don't get the pub.  It isn't a conspiracy, it is just the way things are. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

You've got one news report.

This is a staggering, revelatory development. Truly.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yes the answer to crime is to let people be victims in their own homes.

For every major shooting in the US I'm fairly certain I could find an instance of self defense shooting during the approximate time period.  It isn't underreported its under broadcast.  A person defending themselves is an expected action.  Dude shooting up a school is an unexpected action.  People don't want to hear about what is common they want to hear what isn't. 

Google self defense shooting 2014 and I'm sure you'll get the results you don't want to exist. 

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Wow holy crap, just read the article and she is damn lucky from the sound of it that the assailant didn't take the gun and use it on her. I mean he allegedly got close enough to land at least 3 punches in her face before she shot him? Plus why didn't she yell get the f**k out, I have a gun first? This is a lucky scenario from the sound of it.

I was thinking from a local perspective. Like on my island. Most of the gun violence is domestic or police related. There's been more armed robberies but it's mostly mainland people bringing guns to the party.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 26, 2014, 05:21:42 AM
Yes the answer to crime is to let people be victims in their own homes.
Dat fear mongering.

For every major shooting in the US I'm fairly certain I could find an instance of self defense shooting during the approximate time period.
Because someone scaring a burgler away with a gun is equal to someone gunning down innocent bystanders. Cute.

Google self defense shooting 2014 and I'm sure you'll get the results you don't want to exist.
Burden of proof's on you, not me.

SiL

SiL

But Kimarhi you know that the only guns you need if some pussy invades your home is these

Cvalda

Cvalda

He doesn't have those, though.

SiL

SiL

Oh them's fighting words.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't have a gun in my apartment Sil just because I've taken boxing lessons and combatives classes.  Really the only reason I have them is for recreational purposes and to keep in practice in case I have to go off to war someday.  You don't get that much range time in the Guard except right before you deploy.  Aside from that many of the weapons in my home are inherited things that saw use hunting or in service during WWII.  I'm not going to get rid of them because they are family history. 

I did google 2014 self defense shootings Cvalda, and there is lots of them.  You can't compare the severity of somebody gunning down innocents to gunning down criminals to be sure, but you can't invalidate people shooting other people when their life is in danger either.     

Quote from: Cvalda on May 26, 2014, 05:29:31 AM
He doesn't have those, though.

I don't have to look like Ryan Reynolds to be more physically fit than 90% of the people on this forum.  Those show muscles are nice but half those guys would pass out on a five mile run. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 26, 2014, 05:40:14 AM
I don't have to look like Ryan Reynolds to be more physically fit than 90% of the people on this forum.  Those show muscles are nice but half those guys would pass out on a five mile run.
Yeah, yeah. Shrimp.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'd still be going when you were tired. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed