What the f**k happened here?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Aspie

Aspie

blacklabel thinks he's thinking

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Crazy people and criminals aren't going to give up their guns.  I feel for the guy but a mass recall of weapons will only leave the honest population undefended.

Its a self made American problem but you only have to look at the cities that have the strictest gun laws in the country to realize a disarmament of the population won't work.........because criminals don't pay attention to laws.  That's why they are criminals. 

Aspie

Aspie

kimarhi be all like:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm for much stronger gun laws.  Maybe people need to get a shrink evaluation before they can purchase.  But in my own family on my mom's side there is so much unlicensed weaponry that would appear on nobody's books or documentation that it would be asinine to expect anybody but law abiding citizens to turn their weapons in. 

You can't confiscate weapons you don't know exist. 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I understand how that parent must feel, but considering the guy's first three victims were stabbed to death, even a complete outlawing of guns wouldn't have saved them. He even makes it clear he was planning on whacking people over the head with a hammer, taking them back to his place and literally skinning them to death for 'crimes' of not being in awe of him and such.

So... I've done it. I've finally waded through that entire 'manifesto'. Not sure that's really the accurate term for it. It's more like an astonishingly detailed autobiography.

Even with what he ultimately did, a part of me sympathises with how depressed and miserable he was in his life (which doesn't excuse the murder spree he undertook, in any possible way). There are certain things I could recognise in his early years and, assuming his account was more or less accurate of what he went through, it seems that he did attempt, several times, to try and change his life and then it was as if fate kept reinforcing the whole 'humanity-is-evil-and-will-only-grind-you-down' thing.

Nevertheless, there's a definite point where he shifts from enduring depression into something which is utterly batshit insane. By the end of it, he's literally calling for a future world where he's personally in charge of everything in a giant tower, overlooking a concentration camp where women are starved to death and a few are kept alive for artificial insemination to breed men (who will have somehow lost any and all sex drive, simply by virtue of not knowing women ever existed). He paints a frightening generic picture of how 100% of women are all cruel and mentally incapable of rational thought.

His problems basically seem to stem from an inability to stop himself getting downright viciously judgemental and making all kinds of bizarre assumptions about anyone who isn't himself. He craves the very things he loathes and, while disliking arrogant, obnoxious people is perfectly understandable, he actively takes great joy in being a total dick, whenever he gets small opportunities to experience nice things, like red carpet film premiers and first-class air travel. His entire existence becomes consumed by a hate-fuelled need for vengeance and the conclusion that wealth = 'hot women' (and repeatedly entertains a fixation upon white blondes, in particular), to the extent that he expends more than a thousand dollars (perhaps even several) on lottery tickets, convinced he'll instantly win. Even takes trips out to Arizona, purely to play in a particular type of lottery which isn't available at where he resides.

So, essentially, he became a gambling addict with slight alcoholism problems, on top of all the other numerous issues.

Long slog, reading through all of that, but fascinating from a psychological point of view. Doesn't seem to have got much attention from his separated parents, but that could have just been his assumed interpretation of events. Did seem like he was reaching out for support and wasn't getting much, though. There's a point where he goes very serial killer-ish and mentions that he'd have to murder his brother and step-mother, purely because she'd be in the way and his brother is showing signs of being able to enjoy life without all the social issues he had been enduring. Lots about how this 'day of retribution' is the only path left open to him, purely because he feels not 'fighting' the system would somehow be weak. Even in his early life, he seems to take an instant dislike to everyone he ever meets and it wouldn't surprise me if his assumptions about hiding that level of massive disdain, weren't as complete as he'd like... A lot of people might have felt there was something off about him, because of how he openly admits to staring at them with hatred.

Plus, the stuff about how he admits to yelling at happy couples in the street and throwing his drinks over them... Anyone who feels physically ill, just because they can see a happy couple, needs to get psychological help, but he didn't and just kept on tormenting himself, generating even further anger. He keep quitting entire education courses, just because he notices a couple in class and can't abide it. Also claims to want companionship, yet 97% of what he obsesses about is purely sexual and almost always about supermodel-like blondes.

Red flags all over the place. Plus, keeps mentioning having ideas about "politics" which disturb other people, but doesn't clarify what they are, aside from being glad a friend has similar "fascist" ideas.

Sadly, he's not the only one and there are probably others, just like him, feeling exactly the same, at this very moment. Deciding that they aren't the one at fault, but humanity is (convinced himself he's no longer a part of humanity and that everyone else was 'the enemy'). Just like there will be in the future, too.

The most weirdly ironic part, if you can call it that, is of how he mentions he's a fan of the 'Star Wars' prequels and fondly remembers going to the premier of Episode 1 and shaking the hand of Jake Lloyd... Another young child who would grow up to be extraordinarily bitter about life.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I read a few pages of it out bile fascination, realized what I was doing, and then closed the document.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

It'll be my light reading before sleeping.

BANE

BANE

He's awfully boring.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 25, 2014, 08:49:40 PM
I'm for much stronger gun laws.  Maybe people need to get a shrink evaluation before they can purchase.  But in my own family on my mom's side there is so much unlicensed weaponry that would appear on nobody's books or documentation that it would be asinine to expect anybody but law abiding citizens to turn their weapons in. 

You can't confiscate weapons you don't know exist.

Straya c**t.

it works here criminals typically use weapons against criminals, guns still exist here, but gun crime is reduced, less guns (especially automatics that are only used for killing people ) out there the better, it minimises risk it makes sense, one of the best things Howard did.

Aspie

Aspie

hehehehehe waiting for doomrulz to google the trending #YesAllWomen regarding the elliot rodgers shooting

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

From the guys manifesto:

Cvalda

Cvalda

The most disturbing thing about this "manifesto" is that it reads almost no different to every other whiny, self-absorbed friendzone-creep post on Reddit or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed