In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,330 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 18, 2013, 05:05:20 PM
So in some really weird news...

A 560 lbs. man died after falling out of a chair. It sounds like a Three Stooges gag gone wrong if you ask me.

Sounds like a conspiracy.  If he was stuck to his chair, who was feeding him the burgers and pies?  His killer  :o

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Serfdom is the American way!  :-*

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Dec 18, 2013, 08:20:31 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 18, 2013, 05:05:20 PM
So in some really weird news...

A 560 lbs. man died after falling out of a chair. It sounds like a Three Stooges gag gone wrong if you ask me.

Sounds like a conspiracy.  If he was stuck to his chair, who was feeding him the burgers and pies?  His killer  :o
Pretty sure it was his wife doing his bidding. Still pressure sores should hurt like hell... he had no ass left.

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 18, 2013, 05:08:37 PM

2: You seem to be obsessed with this UK case when it is nowhere close to be the most heinous crime ever. However the perpetrators where black and Muslim and the victim a white Englishman and soldier.

And? This isn't a race issue.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

QuoteWeak dude, just weak. I mention that because it was an atrocious crime, nothing like it has been seen in the UK before really, nothing I can remember, not at least in broad daylight in front of everyone. It shocked the country.

What they did was indeed atrocious, horrible and downright despicable, but you don't have to google much to find a bunch of murders of the similar gruesomeness and malevolence. The difference is that they take place in poor & unprivileged neighborhoods to poor unprivileged people, so no one really cares. This crime however didn't happen in those places - it happened during broad daylight and was filmed. A great story for vulture media and anti-immigration islamophobes and whatnot.

QuoteHR is fine but like some things these days its to the extreme, over the top, there is no common sense anymore and people abuse it.

So capital punishment is considered universal common sense? I didn't know that.

QuoteThe shortcomings of modern justice (in the UK) is the fact its too weak and people get away with things knowing all that will happen is life in a comfy prison...possibly getting out after 20yrs with good behaviour. I also fail to see how putting down very dangerous killers is 'a slippery slope backwards down the centuries'.

Because once you allow something as barbaric as the death penalty in your society you have opened up the doors to everything that follows since everything, including laws and justice is up for interpretation. It says that it is ok to embrace and enact the gladiator arena mentality that comes with it. Makes it easier to walk down gurther that path since access has been granted.

QuoteSo tell us...how would you deal with the problems?? how would you fix the issues? you haven't actually given any examples of how to magically solve the problem. Someone decapitates a member of your family and laughs about it on the news...what do you wanna see happen?.

How to deal with it? I can only talk from an U.S. point of view where brutal prisons, the death penalty and money making prisons haven't helped anyone and has in fact made things worse on all accounts. Dealing with crime isn't just about dealing with criminals, it's about dealing with society as a whole. There are no simple fast solutions or miracle pills.
You have to spend more on the poor and underprivileged, their areas and communities. Spend more on education and after-school programs. We need more local policemen, "on every block", but not to mainly monitor the citizens to prevent crime rather than being there as a part of society, someone to talk to, someone that is a friend of your neighborhood. More grown-ups working with kid on all levels. No for-profit (government sanctioned) private run prisons; truly deal with racial bias and racial profiling (blacks are 10 to 15 more likely to be arrested and prosecuted for the sane minor offenses whites walk away from without even a slap on the wrist) --- no more crowded prisons. Put some wholehearted effort into rehabilitation and education instead of ostracizing them. Prisons shouldn't be spa resorts, but they shouldn't be gulags or medieval dungeons either. Brutal killers/murderers and such should be isolated and stowed away without Internet and such, but they should still be treated like human beings but with little human contact...

...The list goes on...

In short it is all about humane crime prevention that enriches the whole society and that sees the problems and deal with them before things go bad. Unfortunately it costs a lot of money and takes time.

And of course I would like to rip the murderer of a loved one limb to limb, especially if they appeared on tv gloating;  I would initially wish for pain, suffering and a slow death. But fortunately the law is above that and doesn't act on primitive gut feelings and mob mentality.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

To just say we are barbaric in nature is to choose to be barbaric in nature.

Powerloader

Powerloader

People are c**ts.  That's just how it is.  Either become a c**t just like them, or take it like Jesus.  That's your choice.  Abused/abuser.  Have fun.  :laugh:

Hubbs

Hubbs

QuoteAnd of course I would like to rip the murderer of a loved one limb to limb, especially if they appeared on tv gloating;  I would initially wish for pain, suffering and a slow death. But fortunately the law is above that and doesn't act on primitive gut feelings and mob mentality.

But would you be happy knowing that person is alive and well living in a prison where he is in relative comfort?. Also knowing that he could get out in about 25yrs (whenever) if he plays his cards right and behaves.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 19, 2013, 12:06:45 PM
But would you be happy knowing that person is alive and well living in a prison where he is in relative comfort?. Also knowing that he could get out in about 25yrs (whenever) if he plays his cards right and behaves.

25 years later I would hopefully, and most likely, have dealt with what happened and have moved on with my life.

Also, why the hell did they ever let him talk freely about what he did on tv??? That's what I'm wondering about.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 19, 2013, 08:00:20 PM
Also, why the hell did they ever let him talk freely about what he did on tv??? That's what I'm wondering about.

If it bleeds, it leads.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 20, 2013, 01:40:40 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 19, 2013, 08:00:20 PM

If it bleeds,it leads. we can kill it.

DoomRulz

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Huffington Post's Weird News section. They always have interesting oddities.

Shasvre

Shasvre

A suicide bomber killed 14 people in Volograd, Russia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/29/us-russia-blast-idUSBRE9BS02S20131229

PVTDukeMorrison

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed