Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Ass-phyxiated!

Spoiler
NEW Zombie!!
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Three female victims found in abandoned house in Gary, Indiana, police hint at more victims after seven bodies discovered
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/oct/20/bodies-seven-women-found-indiana-confession-gary

QuotePolice in north-west Indiana said on Monday that a man already linked to the deaths of seven women may be responsible for even more killings, some dating as far back as 20 years ago.

Darren D Vann, 43, of Gary, Indiana, is in custody on suspicion of the murder of Afrikka Hardy, a 19-year-old found strangled to death at a motel in nearby Hammond, which borders the southeast side of Chicago. Prosecutors were expected to file charges late Monday afternoon.

Speaking to reporters on Monday, Hammond police chief John Doughty said Vann has been cooperating since he was taken into custody on Friday during the investigation into Hardy's death. Doughty said Vann confessed to killing six more women and over the weekend showed police locations in Gary where their bodies were discarded.

Doughty said it was possible that the investigation will lead to more victims and that "it could go back as far as 20 years." "He's claimed that crimes he committed may go back that far in the state of Indiana," Doughty said.

Police say Vann is a registered sex offender in Austin, Texas. According to the Texas department of public safety's sex offender registry, he was convicted of sexually assaulting a 25-year-old woman in 2009 and was sentenced to five years in prison. It is not yet known why Vann relocated to Indiana.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Oh great, more murder.

Aspie

Aspie

http://www.livescience.com/48340-goliath-birdeater-surprises-scientist.html

QuotePrickly hairs and 3/4-inch fangs

When Naskrecki approached the imposing creature in the rainforest, it would rub its hind legs against its abdomen. At first, the scientist thought the behavior was "cute," he said, but then he realized the spider was sending out a cloud of hairs with microscopic barbs on them. When these hairs get in the eyes or other mucous membranes, they are "extremely painful and itchy," and can stay there for days, he said. [Creepy-Crawly Gallery: See Spooky Photos of Spiders]

But its prickly hairs aren't the birdeater's only line of defense; it also sports a pair of 0.79-inch-long (2 centimeters) fangs. Although the spider's bite is venomous, it's not deadly to humans. But it would still be extremely painful, "like driving a nail through your hand," Naskrecki said.

And the eight-legged beast has a third defense mechanism up its hairy sleeve. The hairs on the front of the spider's body have tiny hooks and barbs that make a hissing sound when they rub against each other, "sort of like pulling Velcro apart," Naskrecki said.

Yet despite all that, the spider doesn't pose a threat to humans. Even if it bites you, "a chicken can probably do more damage," Naskrecki said.

I'm not saying we should nuke all of the rainforests on earth...

but I'm not not saying we we should nuke all of the rainforests on earth

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

already posted on my facebook

you lose aspie

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Aspie on Oct 21, 2014, 02:06:25 AM

http://www.livescience.com/48340-goliath-birdeater-surprises-scientist.html

QuotePrickly hairs and 3/4-inch fangs

When Naskrecki approached the imposing creature in the rainforest, it would rub its hind legs against its abdomen. At first, the scientist thought the behavior was "cute," he said, but then he realized the spider was sending out a cloud of hairs with microscopic barbs on them. When these hairs get in the eyes or other mucous membranes, they are "extremely painful and itchy," and can stay there for days, he said. [Creepy-Crawly Gallery: See Spooky Photos of Spiders]

But its prickly hairs aren't the birdeater's only line of defense; it also sports a pair of 0.79-inch-long (2 centimeters) fangs. Although the spider's bite is venomous, it's not deadly to humans. But it would still be extremely painful, "like driving a nail through your hand," Naskrecki said.

And the eight-legged beast has a third defense mechanism up its hairy sleeve. The hairs on the front of the spider's body have tiny hooks and barbs that make a hissing sound when they rub against each other, "sort of like pulling Velcro apart," Naskrecki said.

Yet despite all that, the spider doesn't pose a threat to humans. Even if it bites you, "a chicken can probably do more damage," Naskrecki said.

I'm not saying we should nuke all of the rainforests on earth...

but I'm not not saying we we should nuke all of the rainforests on earth

I want one. Where can I get one. They look super cuddly.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

it will kill you in your sleep

Aspie

Aspie

death by hatching tarantula eggs

Cvalda

Cvalda

Individuals of that tarantula species are irritating but harmless.

Much like Aspie.

SM

SM

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 21, 2014, 02:20:03 AM
Individuals of that tarantula species are irritating but harmless.

Much like Aspie.
But Aspie isn't adorable.

Quote from: SM on Oct 21, 2014, 02:20:35 AM
That's not a spidah

Australia has such an array of extremely venomous organisms. It's really interesting, someday I will go, someday.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

even the animals that aren't venomous could kickbox you to death.

tavianini19

tavianini19

And doesn't that sound like a fun time?

SM

SM

Let me know when you're coming.

So I can can tell Customs and Immigration.

tavianini19

tavianini19

To be ready for a problem? I'll behave, don't worry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed