Which nostalgic shows hold up the best for you?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 13, 2012, 09:51:24 PM

Author
Which nostalgic shows hold up the best for you? (Read 3,099 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

So what show that you grew up liking as a kid do you think still holds up as an adult? I think Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers are still funny shows to watch. Animaniacs, Batman: The Animated Series, Todd McFarlane's Spawn, X-Men: The Animated Series and Pinky & the Brain remains pretty solid as well in my opinion. I remember re-watching the 90's Spider-Man show on Youtube a few years ago in 2007 and I think it was still a fun show despite some of the cheesy dialogue.

Nightmare Asylum

Tremors was THE major show of my childhood, and I still love it to this day. Not even because of nostalgia; I genuinely love the show.

Prime113

Batman: TAS, definitely.

I still like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons from the real early 90's.

Keg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 13, 2012, 10:33:50 PM
Tremors was THE major show of my childhood, and I still love it to this day. Not even because of nostalgia; I genuinely love the show.

To be fair I dont really think you can call a show from 10 years ago Nostalgic? Of course something that recent is going to hold up. If you go back and watch older shows like Thundercats I dont think they hold up too well. Ive tried rewatching it and every episode is more or less the same, the dialogue is atrocious and the amount of times you hear "HooooOoooooooooOooooooo" in an episode annoys the f**k out of me.

At the time It was great but I cant go back and watch it in the same way I can Batman: TAS, although that came much later. Also speaking of Ren & Stimpy I own them on DVD and I love just sticking em on for a laugh when i come home drunk. They're great.

ScardyFox

Gargoyles and Batman off the top of my head.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Keg on Nov 13, 2012, 10:43:38 PM

To be fair I dont really think you can call a show from 10 years ago Nostalgic? Of course something that recent is going to hold up.

I don't mean hold up effects wise, per say, but more just in terms of the show's quality.

Also, I can't really go more than a few more years earlier than Tremors with stuff to be nostalgic about :P (I was about half my age now as I was when Tremors premiered in 2003, haha).

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I remember re-watching Godzilla: The Series on Youtube a few years back and I still enjoy the show. I was thinking about re-watching Digimon since the first season is on DVD now.

King Rathalos

Batman TAS, Ren and Stimpy, pretty much almost everything shown on Toonami.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Keg on Nov 13, 2012, 10:43:38 PM

To be fair I dont really think you can call a show from 10 years ago Nostalgic?

I guess everyone has different nostalgia. I was born in 1991, I agree that stuff after 2002 is not very nostalgic to me. But everyone's childhood was different. Someone born in the early 80's is not going to have nostalgia for Pokemon since it came after their childhood.

Space Sweeper

Batman: TAS, Samurai Jack, and Duck Dodgers did more than hold up for me, they impressed me even more at an older age.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I remember the Duck Dodgers TV series from the mid 00's. I was a teenager when it came out but I remember it being pretty good.

First Blood

As quite a few other posters have said; Batman the Animated Series.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I was thinking about re-watching Batman Beyond. Too bad it's not on Netflix.

Ruadh

Does it have to be cartoons? Or just any show?

I've avoided a lot of the cartoons from when I was a kid, mostly because I am guessing they will not hold up in any way. Some bits from GI Joe that I remember are things I'll quote to my friends to get a laugh, mostly Shipwreck's lines. For some reason, one of my friends finds it hysterical when I say, in the shaky voice, "It's me! Uncle Hector!"

All the cartoons I watched as a kid were basically 30 minute toy commercials though. All the 90s superhero stuff you guys are talking about was when I was in high school or after. I have actually never seen an episode of the Batman animated series.

The old Hulk and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoons were pretty awesome. Stan Lee addressing the true believers...kinda creepy, but yeah.

One show that doesn't hold up at all, at least as far as its current version, is Electric Company. Man that got really horrible.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Any show is fine. I loved X-Files as a kid in the 90's and I was thinking about re-watching them again soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed