Which nostalgic shows hold up the best for you?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 13, 2012, 09:51:24 PM

Author
Which nostalgic shows hold up the best for you? (Read 3,102 times)

dragonthingy

That's easy; Thunderbirds (I'm not 60 BTW, I just watched it as a kid).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIAKj3Gl1E

SM

QuoteTo be fair I dont really think you can call a show from 10 years ago Nostalgic?

I thought the same thing - nostalgic for the 90s?  srsly? - but technically you can. 

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: SM on Nov 14, 2012, 05:07:16 AM
QuoteTo be fair I dont really think you can call a show from 10 years ago Nostalgic?

I thought the same thing - nostalgic for the 90s?  srsly? - but technically you can.

You are over 30, you are not going to feel nostalgic to that decade. Just people born in the late 80's and early 90's are not going to feel nostalgic for the mid and late 2000's.

Vickers

Nostalgia for the '90s makes complete sense.  I hardly remember anything from the last 4 years in the '80s (apart from the music which I fell in love with in the '90s).  So yeah, your formative years will always be the most nostalgic for you.

ScardyFox

Yeah, 90s nostalgia doesn't make sense... or something.

dragonthingy

You can totally have nostalgia for the nineties, back when you were a young'un, watching Dragon Ball Z, Original Pokemon, Rugrats, the Lost Toys, Thomas the Tank Engine and the Trap Door. Good times.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I was born in 1991, so I was a 90's kid. I had the most fond memories of that decade as a kid. I think 2000-2002 are pretty nostalgic in my opinion, but the 90's was better though.

genocyber

Reboot still holds up just as good as it was back then.

Nightmare Asylum

For me, with Tremors at least, its more about the impact the show had than its age. Being such a huge fan of the films, I was very, very excited to see the show, and I watched it every single week when it aired. I'm pretty sure it was the first non-Nickelodeon/Disney/Cartoon Network show that I ever got into. After the show was canceled they showed reruns, and I taped those on VHS tapes, which I used to watch the show countless times until, seven y ears later in 2010, they finally released it on DVD. I think I watched those tapes so much they were starting to wear out! :D

Just thinking about the show makes me feel a bit nostalgic :)

Sabres21768

Quote from: ScardyFox on Nov 14, 2012, 06:44:57 AM

Nostalgia has no time frame attached to it:

NOSTALGIA - 1.A sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

So...with that in mind...I have very fond memories of SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND

ScardyFox

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Nov 14, 2012, 06:22:29 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Nov 14, 2012, 06:44:57 AM

Nostalgia has no time frame attached to it:

This is what I was doing

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I remember that show. I also watch Dinosaurs along with it as a kid as well.

SM

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 14, 2012, 06:31:32 AM

You are over 30, you are not going to feel nostalgic to that decade. Just people born in the late 80's and early 90's are not going to feel nostalgic for the mid and late 2000's.

It was more being nostalgic for something that happened relatively recently.  The term 'nostalgia' conjurs up stuff that happened a long time ago - which, as I intimated - isn't technically correct.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed