Why is Alien 3 hated so much?

Started by Robert Morse, Nov 08, 2012, 02:25:34 AM

Author
Why is Alien 3 hated so much? (Read 28,465 times)

Robert Morse

Robert Morse

I never understood the hate for this movie. I think its the best in the series besides the first one.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Quote from: Robert Morse on Nov 08, 2012, 02:25:34 AM
I never understood the hate for this movie. I think its the best in the series besides the first one.
The hate includes:
Killing off Hicks and Newt less than five minutes into the film.
Plot holes.
Depressing.
Some underdeveloped characters.

That's about it, but I too love Alien 3.

aliens13

aliens13

I don't hate it, is a very good movie

Nightmare Asylum

Plot holes are really my only problem with it. But I love the film, and find it to be equal to Aliens in terms of quality.

Alien is still the best, though. 8)

predxeno

predxeno

A:CM promises to clear up some these plot holes.  Also, it was very difficult to tell the characters apart from one another being that they were all bald and most of them were of the same ethnicity.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It was pretty good.

samoht

samoht

It was a bloody disgrace. It killed off Newt and Hicks at the start. Utter bullshut. Made me hate the film before it had time to begin.

ALIENS ends perfectly, and that perfect ending is brutally raped and violated by the start of Alien 3. Oh yeah, then Ripley dies.

Why oh why did they not get Cameron do direct it?

First Blood

First Blood

My favorite movie after Alien. Love the characters, the atmosphere, soundtrack and the how it pretty much ended Ripley's arc.

SM

SM

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: samoht on Nov 08, 2012, 10:39:32 PM
It was a bloody disgrace. It killed off Newt and Hicks at the start. Utter bullshut. Made me hate the film before it had time to begin.

ALIENS ends perfectly, and that perfect ending is brutally raped and violated by the start of Alien 3. Oh yeah, then Ripley dies.

Let's not go down this road again, because now some of the A³ fans will come in and tell us how Aliens and Cameron suck.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kelgaard on Nov 09, 2012, 12:19:41 AM
Quote from: samoht on Nov 08, 2012, 10:39:32 PM

Let's not go down this road again, because now some of the A³ fans will come in and tell us how Aliens and Cameron suck.

Can I come in and say that neither Aliens or Alien 3 suck?

SiL

SiL

Aliens and Alien3 both suck.

Yeah, didn't see that coming, didja!?

Robert Morse

Robert Morse

I like all three Alien movies. Yes, THREE. Aliens was always my least favorite, I just felt that the whole "action movie" aspect felt out of place, like these movies are meant to be sci-fi horror, like Alien and Alien 3 are. Also, I do not like how the Xenomorphs were dumbed down to nothing more than pulse rifle fodder for the second movie either.

SM

SM

I like all four Alien movies. Yes, FOUR.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Nov 09, 2012, 03:28:43 AM
I like all four Alien movies. Yes, FOUR.
What about alien 5 and 7?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed