Why is Alien 3 hated so much?

Started by Robert Morse, Nov 08, 2012, 02:25:34 AM

Author
Why is Alien 3 hated so much? (Read 28,470 times)

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2013, 10:39:28 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Jan 07, 2013, 01:39:42 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2013, 12:06:50 PM
Not yours, actual.

1992 : Walked out theater after the movie credits rolled thinking : "This movie was good!"

1997 : Walked out theater after the movie credits rolled thinking : "This movie sucked blls!"

So yeah... Compared to the fart called resurrection I think Alien 3 is not the biggest mistake. To this date I can't watch those making of vids, were they praise the downfall of the Alien franchise, without eating my fist.(the resurrection ones that is) They should have just started a new story within the cameron lore. Meh...instead we have this... better then nothing right?

not really actually...

One opinion doesn't change the fact that Alien3 was widely regarded as a critical and box office disappointment, if not a failure.

Facts say something else...

Alien 3 : http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alien3.htm
Domestic Total Gross: $55,473,545
Production Budget: $50 million

Alien Resurrection : http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alienresurrection.htm
Domestic Total Gross: $47,795,658
Production Budget: $75 million

Mja...seems A3 also won from AR in that department lol. And the budget for A3 was much lower(different times of course)

Alien Resurrection is the beginning of the true downfall of the series. Everyone knows after alien 3 there was still a chance to make a new start without Ripley (and preferably with Pulse rifles instead of repainted nerf guns) The series was all but lost untill AR showed it's ugly mug.

SiL

SiL

And the fact Alien3 barely scraped over its production budget domestically is why the producers were pinching every penny they had for Resurrection, claiming A3 wasn't successful.

Hemi

Hemi

Apparently Alien 3 was also nominated for an Oscar. Weird lol....

SiL

SiL

So was Transformers.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Hemi on Jan 08, 2013, 10:39:47 AM
Apparently Alien 3 was also nominated for an Oscar. Weird lol....

I know right? Oh wait here is a snippet thats interesting

"After directing several music videos, Fincher's feature debut was Alien 3 (1992). While it received an Oscar nomination for special effects, the film was not well received by critics or moviegoers. "

Weird lol...

Hemi

Hemi

Still has a Domestic win over AR. Overall the movie did pretty good imo.

ps : "the film was not well received by critics or moviegoers"  Aww butthurt journalism (and ScardyFox) cous they expected a shooting gallery like Aliens. Even Fox admitted it was a succes in the long run, and grew a loyal fanbase over the years. Proud to be one of em.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

When you use the word "butthurt", you pretty much instantly bankrupt yourself from being taken serious.

SiL

SiL

A3 didn't have to do worse than AR to be the beginning of the downwards trend.

Alien³

Alien³

This thread is officially the downfall of the series.

P.s Jeff Goldblum.

SM

SM

Quote from: Hemi on Jan 08, 2013, 11:18:38 AM
Still has a Domestic win over AR. Overall the movie did pretty good imo.

ps : "the film was not well received by critics or moviegoers"  Aww butthurt journalism (and ScardyFox) cous they expected a shooting gallery like Aliens. Even Fox admitted it was a succes in the long run, and grew a loyal fanbase over the years. Proud to be one of em.

I've been a fan since it was released.  Doesn't change reality though.

Aspie

Aspie

*Enters thread*

???

*Leaves thread*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed