A:CM at NY Comic-Con - New Screenshots + Panel Inside

Started by ikarop, Oct 12, 2012, 11:32:28 PM

Author
A:CM at NY Comic-Con - New Screenshots + Panel Inside (Read 57,213 times)

Predaker

Lance Henrikson is Weyland. :)

A:CM is official Alien canon. Fortunately, the same can't be said of Prometheus.

MR EL1M1NATOR

This is a bit off topic, but did anyone else think Bill Paxton looked a bit like Hitler in those pics? Very curious choice of hair cut and moustache.

Anyways, being a basic shooter with Aliens in it is OK by me, my main concern is story and tension. They better not introduce the Weyland soldiers too early as I think that could really throw off the tension of the game. Take AvP Marine campaign for example. Opening absolutely brilliantly, claustrophobic atmosphere, dark, scary. Then it goes into well lit open spaces, and then you start having gun fights with Droids.

Another worry I have is they are going to try too hard to shock us with some twist in the story because they think they are making canon. Of course it could be something cool, but I think there is more a risk of it being something a bit silly. (Hicks being back is one of these things.) It's not a clever twist if some has been killed off, and they bring them back.

Multi-player I have to admit hasn't done much for me of what I have seen. The maps need to be smaller, more enclosed. Fighting Aliens in big open spaces with a group of Marines doesn't seem that thrilling, compared to walking down a dark corridor with a buddy, you turn around and he's been picked off.

Don't get me wrong, I still look forward to the game, but mostly for co-op campaign, and even then I have my reservations. I will be really disappointed if this gets screwed up because it was such a simple idea that would have worked so well.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Predaker on Oct 16, 2012, 12:18:05 AM

A:CM is official Alien canon. Fortunately, the same can't be said of Prometheus.

We don't know for sure yet though.  He's likely to be Michael Bishop - the Weyland part makes no sense because they are trying to stay away from AvP canon, and Lance being a Weyland is something only seen in the AvP movie/games.

And you are joking about the last part? 

QuoteThis is a bit off topic, but did anyone else think Bill Paxton looked a bit like Hitler in those pics? Very curious choice of hair cut and moustache.

No, i agree completely.  I actually googled to check if he was playing Hitler in some acting role or something, which would explain his peculiar choice of a mustache.  I didn't find anything, though.

Predaker

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 16, 2012, 12:21:10 AM

We don't know for sure yet though.  He's likely to be Michael Bishop - the Weyland part makes no sense because they are trying to stay away from AvP canon, and Lance being a Weyland is something only seen in the AvP movie/games.

QuoteThis is a bit off topic, but did anyone else think Bill Paxton looked a bit like Hitler in those pics? Very curious choice of hair cut and moustache.

No, i agree completely.  I actually googled to check if he was playing Hitler in some acting role or something, which would explain his peculiar choice of a mustache.  I didn't find anything, though.

Well technically speaking, there is nothing in Prometheus that directly connects to the Alien universe. This was deliberate on Ridley Scott's part. Prometheus was not billed as an Alien prequel, because its not one. They went to great pains to avoid this, even hiring a whole new writer (Lindelof.) There are no official sources touting Prometheus as Alien canon.

On the other hand, we have an over abundance of hype saying A:CM is official Alien canon, with statements from FOX and trailers from Gearbox to back it up.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Samus007 on Oct 15, 2012, 02:06:02 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Oct 14, 2012, 10:46:10 PM
Please no Prometheus connections, please no, besides the name weyland please no

Ohh, you're getting one alright...

Spoiler
Be prepared to see a video recording on the derelict (similar to that shown in Prometheus) of the events that lead to the death of the space jockey from the original film. Bishop, with the marines, will trigger this while the player(s) are exploring parts of the ship never shown in the original films.
[close]

OMFG, for real?!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Predaker

Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 16, 2012, 12:34:54 AM

Spoiler
Be prepared to see a video recording on the derelict (similar to that shown in Prometheus) of the events that lead to the death of the space jockey from the original film. Bishop, with the marines, will trigger this while the player(s) are exploring parts of the ship never shown in the original films.
[close]

OMFG, for real?!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

No, that's just wild speculation.

It would be a nice easter egg, though.

The Runner

Quote from: Predaker on Oct 16, 2012, 12:26:19 AM

Well technically speaking, there is nothing in Prometheus that directly connects to the Alien universe. This was deliberate on Ridley Scott's part. Prometheus was not billed as an Alien prequel, because its not one. They went to great pains to avoid this, even hiring a whole new writer (Lindelof.) There are no official sources touting Prometheus as Alien canon.

On the other hand, we have an over abundance of hype saying A:CM is official Alien canon, with statements from FOX and trailers from Gearbox to back it up.

I like your way of thinking of Prometheshit. :) you win a cookie

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on Oct 16, 2012, 12:37:42 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 16, 2012, 12:34:54 AM

Spoiler
[close]

OMFG, for real?!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

No, that's just wild speculation.

It would be a nice easter egg, though.

I was laughing the whole time. Thanks for clarifying that it's actually not true.

Predaker

Quote from: The Runner on Oct 16, 2012, 12:38:09 AM

I like your way of thinking of Prometheshit. :) you win a cookie

Prometheu$ II: $h!t Happen$

SM

lol

ShadowPred

How I terribly wish that Pitchford plays this game online and announces that we can play with him. I'd love to join in just to hear the hilarity he has said over these past months.

The Runner

Honestly I'd think I would love to have a sit down interview with him

MrSpaceJockey

I have no harsh feelings against the man, but he'd just regurgitate everything he's said already.

- True canon sequel to Aliens!!!
- The itch that we've always wanted to scratch.
- It'll make Alien 3 better!
- I've been stealing from Aliens my entire career.

and so forth...

The Runner

Yeah, probably. But I'd ask him as to why he put new aliens in the game and what canon purpose they serve. What got him into the series. What cuts he takes canon( seems to take the SE cut of Aliens canon), etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed