Borderlands 2 and ACM

Started by WinterActual, Sep 22, 2012, 03:06:05 PM

Author
Borderlands 2 and ACM (Read 3,998 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Right now BL2 is the second (if not the first) most played game in Steam with 109k players (I guess there are even more players on xbl and psn alone). Do you guys think that ACM can achieve such high or even the same player base just because its made by GBX? My point is hm well.. most of the BL2 players already knew what to expect, they were already excited about the game etc. but do you think that the same number of people will think "hey bro, this new game ACM which is coming out next week is made by Gearsbox. BL2 kicked so much ass that ACM can't be bad! Lets buy it!". Even if the game itself is not so good, or lets say its not what the fans are expecting, do you think it can achieve such popularity like BL? (we all know how huge the franchise is. Its bigger than BL, no doubt about it but to top steam's top 100 games is beyond that. AvP 2010 never did it.)

Mechafist

Mechafist

I think it will, not as much as BL2, but it will.
And talking about Borderlands, have you guys played it already?

I really liked the first one and i am thinking in buy the second one as well.

Remonster

Remonster

Buy it. If you enjoyed the first one at all, you'll love it. Easily one of the best games I've played all year. Hearing that Colonial Marines is made by the same guys behind Borderlands 2 will do nothing but help sales.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Mechafist on Sep 22, 2012, 07:29:10 PM
I think it will, not as much as BL2, but it will.
And talking about Borderlands, have you guys played it already?

I really liked the first one and i am thinking in buy the second one as well.

I made a promise to myself years ago that I wouldn't buy any game by GBX until A:CM came out.  It's sort of become a matter or principle in consideration of how many times they've pushed the game back to move one of their other products forward. I always thought that I'd feel more than a bit had and played if I bought a game from them then they canceled A:CM.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I think if the game's really fun, it will build its own fanbase regardless of hype, just like Borderlands 1 did...

PFC Hudson

PFC Hudson

I feel like ACM is more of a niche game. Even with all of the Call of Duty elements implemented, I still think the average gamer won't be as interested. I also believe all the day 1 sales will be the people who have been waiting for this game. If the game gets good reviews, more people will buy it. Since it's not a popular running franchise shooter like COD, it can't suck and still be a popular seller. GBX really needs to nail this if they want it to take off.

Mechafist

Mechafist

Quote from: Remonster on Sep 23, 2012, 03:23:15 AM
Buy it. If you enjoyed the first one at all, you'll love it. Easily one of the best games I've played all year. Hearing that Colonial Marines is made by the same guys behind Borderlands 2 will do nothing but help sales.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4DCRAE41_c#ws
Just kidding :laugh:

Remonster

Remonster

Wait what? What is that from? I can't believe there's an Arnie movie i haven't seen before.

Mechafist

Mechafist

Quote from: Remonster on Sep 23, 2012, 10:34:30 PM
Wait what? What is that from? I can't believe there's an Arnie movie i haven't seen before.
Red Heat 1988

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I know that this probably doesn't answer the question posed by the first post, I would just like to say that I feel that ACM could not hope to be as good as BL2.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Sep 24, 2012, 12:56:48 AM
I know that this probably doesn't answer the question posed by the first post, I would just like to say that I feel that ACM could not hope to be as good as BL2.
I am not comparing the games in their core because they are different and the only thing in common is that both games are FPS games. I had in mind how the people will react to ACM if they know its made by the guys behind BL2. ACM is compared to CoD most of the time because thats what we are seeing from the trailers (which is not good) but we can't compare ACM with BL2 because the core gameplay is totally different (and I never saw anybody comparing BL to CoD, because again they play different). You can like BL2 over ACM but "BL2 is better than ACM" nah not really, its like to say Starcraft is better than GTA.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 24, 2012, 04:25:56 AM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Sep 24, 2012, 12:56:48 AM
I am not comparing the games in their core because they are different and the only thing in common is that both games are FPS games. I had in mind how the people will react to ACM if they know its made by the guys behind BL2. ACM is compared to CoD most of the time because thats what we are seeing from the trailers (which is not good) but we can't compare ACM with BL2 because the core gameplay is totally different (and I never saw anybody comparing BL to CoD, because again they play different). You can like BL2 over ACM but "BL2 is better than ACM" nah not really, its like to say Starcraft is better than GTA.

You got a point there. But I just meant as a whole, gaming experience, I dont think I'll have as much fun with ACM as I am with BL2.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yeah but this is entirely up to the person, not the game  ;)

Jango1201

Jango1201

What is borderlands?

WinterActual

WinterActual

A game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed