Engineers and Space jockeys

Started by King, Sep 21, 2012, 12:19:02 PM

Author
Engineers and Space jockeys (Read 34,883 times)

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 23, 2012, 04:27:50 PM
Agreed. While I haven't seen The Ring, there are plenty of intense PG-13 films. It sucks that a lot of film makers shoot with an R rating in mind as a way to 'please' the audience, when really, they should just make the film...

you know, that the theatrical cut, the version we ended up watching, was ridley scotts intended pg-13 cut?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm of the opinion that the Space Jockey we see in 'Alien' and the Engineers of 'Prometheus' might not be the same creature.

The Engineers proportions aren't the same as the Space Jockey's, and they're substantially smaller. Likewise, all of the Engineers' tech, vehicles, and buildings are similar to the Space Jockey derelict, but still noticeably different. They're more streamlined and less organic.
The corpse in 'Alien' has visible eye sockets and a tongue, and was (at least in my opinion) pretty clearly some sort of skeleton, not a suit.
Not to mention you can see statues in the Engineers' structure that look like 'Alien' Space Jockeys, with correct proportions and sizes and everything.

My idea is that they're two different creatures, and perhaps the Space Jockeys created the Engineers (Shaw even mentions the idea of the Engineers' "creators" at one point). Perhaps the Jockeys didn't create the Engineers in their own image, but the Engineers idolized them and modeled a lot of their technology on them, and then created humanity in their image.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 25, 2012, 07:08:45 AM

Not to mention you can see statues in the Engineers' structure that look like 'Alien' Space Jockeys, with correct proportions and sizes and everything.

My idea is that they're two different creatures, and perhaps the Space Jockeys created the Engineers (Shaw even mentions the idea of the Engineers' "creators" at one point). Perhaps the Jockeys didn't create the Engineers in their own image, but the Engineers idolized them and modeled a lot of their technology on them, and then created humanity in their image.

I don't think those were statues but suits. I doubt the only way you can suit up is to go sit in the chair. And remeber all the holograms had suits. Also the suits were positioned between the cockpit of the juggernaut and the cargo bay where al the goo was. Maybe they used their suits as hazmat suits also. They would first suit up in that hallway before entering the cargo bay and manipulate the containers

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, but the statues had different proportions from the hologram-suits and the chair-suit, that was my point.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

But they're suits...

The fact that the proportions are correct just goes to show that the jockey on LV-426 is also probably a suit in this films continuity. Different, but along the same lines.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That and boots.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Sep 25, 2012, 10:19:39 AM
But they're suits...

The fact that the proportions are correct just goes to show that the jockey on LV-426 is also probably a suit in this films continuity. Different, but along the same lines.
But the proportions aren't correct, that's what I'm saying. Like, it's pretty evident from the picture I posted. :P

I'm saying, what if the suits the Engineers wear are based on the appearances of their Space Jockey "creators", who didn't wear suits? Like, the thing in 'Alien' is pretty clearly not a suit.

zuzuki

zuzuki

I don't remember if it was in ridley's commentary or in the writers one but they said it's cool how the design team managed to design the jockey suit considering the one in alien was supposed to be a skeleton..They did a good job either way in replicating.Not an exact copy, but works.
I wonder however what was with the design Giger did for alien with the white humanoid with bio-mech features being facehugged. I understand this is where they got inspired for the engineer look and then when we see him in the juggernaut the biomech features on his arms are identical. But did they consider back then that the white humanoid was in fact in the suit, or was it just another one of giger ideas?

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 25, 2012, 11:38:17 AM
But they're suits...

But the proportions aren't correct, that's what I'm saying. Like, it's pretty evident from the picture I posted. :P

I'm saying, what if the suits the Engineers wear are based on the appearances of their Space Jockey "creators", who didn't wear suits? Like, the thing in 'Alien' is pretty clearly not a suit.
Didn't ridley said the juggernaut was the brother of the ship on lv-426 separated by a couple hundreds of years in a interview? If they go with these variant, then they both could be suits, but different designs,just like the chair. similar but with differences

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The white humanoid in the Giger painting is just a human. Giger style. He drew a space suit too. Giger style. With a flash/fleshlight.

acrediblesource

Screw Ridley and his writers. If theys bigger they must be apart of the PREDATOR UNIVERVES!!!

Yeah i said it.
ThIS!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Predators created the Engineers, so the Engineers could create humans and Aliens as preys for the Predators.

IT ALL CONNEX.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

bahahahahha  :laugh:

Negatronix

Negatronix

Quote from: OmegaZilla link=topic=45625.msg1495211#msg1495211 date=1

The white humanoid in the Giger painting is just a human. Giger style. He drew a space suit too. Giger style. With a flash/fleshlight.

Yep.. This.! While Giger is an amazing artist when it comes to certain things, he is horrible at illustrating a non-biomechanical human form. The being in the drawing is just a poorly illustrated man. The biomech details are nothing more than his technique and how he builds a form on paper/canvas. The interesting thing to me is how our imaginations can take those details he paints, and springboard off of it like it seems may have happened with the engineers, and the urns.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 25, 2012, 11:38:17 AM
But they're suits...

This will never be the case.

Never.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Engineers and space jockeys are the same thing they just look different because Ridley most likley couldn't replicate the jockey completely.  The space jockey in alien looks difficult to create as a costume it's really big and is most probally too hard to turn into something someone can wear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed