The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!!

Started by RoaryUK, Sep 17, 2012, 07:24:25 PM

Author
The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!! (Read 48,922 times)

Gilfryd

The Alien universe becomes a little less alien.  :(

thecaffeinatedone

Dunno how I feel about this. He just sort of sounds exactly how most people have depicted demons/gods speaking, nothing really special about it. Sort of a generic and underwhelming "raagh, i am a bald man with an agressive and epicy sounding voice!" type thing, to be honest. And als, it's odd seeing this an 'alien' movie, although it really isn't an alien movie as has been stated. I think I preferred the theatrical cut where he doesn't speak. Time will tell.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Gilfryd on Sep 18, 2012, 03:32:25 AM

A truer statment was never posted on this forum.  :'(

predxeno

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 18, 2012, 02:08:45 AM
What David says to the Engineer:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=44511.0

Nice, is there any way to find what the Engineer said in return?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gilfryd on Sep 18, 2012, 03:32:25 AM
A little?
And just for this scene?
This sequence is only the pinnacle of what rendered the universe less Alien -- the very roots of this film.

Xenomorphine

Going to reiterate what I've said before and predict that after everyone's seen the deleted scenes, there shall be lots of apathy, nodding of heads and, "Yeah, can see why Ridley Scott edited all that stuff out, honestly." :)

thecaffeinatedone

Something like, "You dare to wake me and blah blah blah blah"

Vickers

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 18, 2012, 05:38:13 AM
Going to reiterate what I've said before and predict that after everyone's seen the deleted scenes, there shall be lots of apathy, nodding of heads and, "Yeah, can see why Ridley Scott edited all that stuff out, honestly." :)

Maybe.  But I personally like all the deleted scenes I've seen so far.

Vepariga

I just want to know what he says, other then that..next scene!

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Vepariga on Sep 18, 2012, 06:06:54 AM

Spoiler
He asks Weyland why he wants to live forever. Before that he asks David why they are there.
[close]

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 18, 2012, 06:13:51 AM

Spoiler
He asks Weyland why he wants to live forever. Before that he asks David why they are there.
[close]

Really? That simple, eh?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Sep 18, 2012, 06:20:53 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Sep 18, 2012, 06:13:51 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Really? That simple, eh?

Yeah, pretty simple. The engineer just stood there peacefully until the very end of the scene.

Bat Chain Puller

I liked it. I could have done without his fist pumping. But the voice sounded just like the recorded voices in the hologram that David witnessed in the control chair ... only more outraged.

SpeedyMaxx

There's some scenes I've seen I'd want back in.  Most of the ones I've seen so far - only a handful - no.

I would've liked the Engineer scene extended, but not with more talking.  He's scarier when he doesn't talk.  Sometimes less is more.  I felt the same with parts of the extended Vickers/Weyland scene - there's some nice stuff there but some of it is just too nail on head, so I see why they cut it down.

And stuff

I sure hope someone puts together a version of Prometheus with all the deleted scenes added in, so we can watch it in it's full glory without having to see the deleted scenes out of context.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed