The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!!

Started by RoaryUK, Sep 17, 2012, 07:24:25 PM

Author
The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!! (Read 49,570 times)

szkoki

szkoki

doubt this as in the alternate opening there are elder engineers aswell

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well at first I really did think this was a joke, however it is pretty awesome. I don't get why people are so butt-broken by it.

LV223 was basically Kansas. Where America has missile silo bases and strategic air bombers all ready to go on a moments notice. The engineer was the yes man who would always push that big red button. The cave art was a warning that was misinterpreted, ala alien, by a dumb ass scientist.

I bet he said, why did you come here for f**ks sake!

I smell a "what did your engineer say" thread coming on.  :laugh:

And stuff

Sick as f**k

samoht

samoht

Is this only for Bluray?

echobbase79

Quote from: samoht on Sep 17, 2012, 11:46:40 PM
Is this only for Bluray?

I think so.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 17, 2012, 11:05:27 PM

I bet he said, why did you come here for f**ks sake!

dont left invitation next time....or it was a warnirng? "dont come HERE" XD

Nightmare Asylum

Might be better in context, but it looked kind of goofy, to be honest. While this was interesting, I think I preferred the more ambiguous version from the theatrical cut.

Apart from the alternate Vickers/Weyland scene and a potential deleted scene where Shaw tells the crew about the Trilobite, I'm beginning to think that the TC will be my preferred cut (assuming that there is an extended one down the line), because this really isn't necessary, I honestly don't need an extended Shaw vs Engineer fight (thought it was fine as is, and I don't want to see the Engineer underpowered), and the opening scene was perfectly fine with just one Engineer.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 18, 2012, 12:07:39 AMI honestly don't need an extended Shaw vs Engineer fight (thought it was fine as is, and I don't want to see the Engineer underpowered), and the opening scene was perfectly fine with just one Engineer.
I want to see her beat down the engineer with an ax. Would help explain the ax marks on his kneecaps.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

I used to be an Engineer, but then I took an ax...

No, never mind. Those never really were funny.

eyeballkid

This would be cool if it is an actual ancient language, I believe Sumerian? If it is just made up, then yes this is stupid.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: eyeballkid on Sep 18, 2012, 01:06:01 AM
This would be cool if it is an actual ancient language, I believe Sumerian? If it is just made up, then yes this is stupid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it was derived from something real, with some variations, of course. I seem to recall an article being discussed here  by a professor or something who saw the footage.

Anyone have the link?

eyeballkid

I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure David understood ancient languages before the mission started, just in case.

MrSpaceJockey

Look through AVPG's news archive. There was a professor (the one that portrayed the video lessons David was having during the rest of the crew's sleep, in fact) who translated what David said the the engineer. This shows that David was really speaking a real language - making it more than likely the Engineer here is speaking Sumerian as well.

eyeballkid

That's what I thought, makes it more believable in my opinion. I kinda like it.

Vickers

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed