The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!!

Started by RoaryUK, Sep 17, 2012, 07:24:25 PM

Author
The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!! (Read 49,567 times)

Zenzucht

I think that Ian Whyte did a really great job.

I am always looking forward to him "Engineering".. :D

Pvt. Himmel

There is nothing wrong with this scene... ::) Everybody's a critic nowadays...

BANE

BANE

As is the case in a lot of movies, creating a new language and presenting that language well is fraught with difficulties, not least of which is whether or not it sounds goofy.

I think this scene is fine. It certainly reminds me of something from Star Wars on Tattooine. The full scene will answer the questions a lot of people on the internet have been so ridiculously vocal about: what did David say? and Why was the Engineer so angry?

echobbase79

You've only a seen a brief clip. So don't judge so harshly. Anyway, I honestly didn't have a problem with the way the Engineer talks. I'm glad they left it out but it should make for a very fun deleted scene.

DaddyYautja

Did Weyland want to live forever in the movie?
I probably forgot but i just thought he wanted to extend his life a bit more.
Because wanting to live forever just makes this whole thing tremendously silly.

SpeedyMaxx

The reason they cut it, though, is to not only preserve the mystery of the Engineer but keep the question hanging of what was said.  I think that was smart.  But I do think the scene could've been extended in another way.

Still, it'll be interesting to see how it played before the editing.

First Blood

Quote from: Alexx on Sep 17, 2012, 08:45:35 PM
There is nothing wrong with this scene... ::) Everybody's a critic nowadays...

Everyone has a different opinion. Imagine that. ::)

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 17, 2012, 08:54:29 PM
Yes, because no prominent world leader in human history has ever wanted that.  ::)

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BANE on Sep 17, 2012, 09:01:32 PM
Yes, because no prominent world leader in human history has ever wanted that.  ::)

Which was the last "prominent world leader" that wanted that?
Some Egyptian Pharaoh?

RoaryUK

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 17, 2012, 09:05:06 PM
Quote from: BANE on Sep 17, 2012, 09:01:32 PM

Which was the last "prominent world leader" that wanted that?
Some Egyptian Pharaoh?

I thought Peter Weyland was simply chariman of Weyland Industries, how does that make him a world leader?

BANE

BANE

I'd probably guess the Spanish or some such and the Fountain of Youth stuff, but I'm far too disinterested to Google it. But to this day there are still scientists studying ageing in an attempt to discover the secret of immortality.  :-\

So not really far fetched. Besides, he was 100 something and didn't have much to lose, but everything to gain.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BANE on Sep 17, 2012, 09:10:10 PM
I'd probably guess the Spanish or some such and the Fountain of Youth stuff, but I'm far too disinterested to Google it. But to this day there are still scientists studying ageing in an attempt to discover the secret of immortality.  :-\

So not really far fetched. Besides, he was 100 something and didn't have much to lose, but everything to gain.

Searching of ways to live LONGER is totally different that wanting to be IMMORTAL.
Weyland thinking that these aliens have some alien tech/medicine that could extend his life is fine but going out there to look for immortality is just too much. That crosses the line into being some sort of super villain.
It turns the movie into some sort of Indiana Jones-type of adventure.

BANE

BANE

Well, technically he asks for 'More Life'...Might just be him wanting an extension on his warranty.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BANE on Sep 17, 2012, 09:17:33 PM
Well, technically he asks for 'More Life'...Might just be him wanting an extension on his warranty.

I'm talking about this clip where Dave says that he asked about living forever.
We know the movie was changed around so im wondering if there was a version where he just wanted immortality.

predxeno

I'm guessing the Engineer said something like this: "This mortal dares to challenge his God?!"  The engineer probably viewed the idea of a human attaining immortal life (something the Engineer probably has already) as a threat to his species.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed