Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 90,866 times)

orchidal

orchidal

Exciting news. There was no question that a sequel needed to be made.
Hope they get the mood of the film right this time around.

But do we really need this to be a trilogy? I mean really?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: orchidal on Aug 01, 2012, 11:38:47 PM
Hope they get the mood of the film right this time around.

Hmm, while Prometheus was far from perfect, I felt that it really hit the nail on the head in terms of mood and atmosphere. I found it to be near perfect in that regard.

My problems with the film lied mostly in the pacing and the editing. The film would definitely benefit from an extended cut.

There was no mood or atmosphere in Prometheus, apart from the opening section of the movie. It was just a sequence of ludicrous set pieces hastily cobbled together with little coherence.

episodenone

episodenone

Quote from: Highland on Aug 01, 2012, 05:03:47 PM
The Tree of life was the biggest steaming pile of shit movie I've ever sat through 30 minutes of (that's how far I made it).

Highland -- we really do agree on a lot!

I've tried twice so far -- and without being completely stoned -- I think i am about 30 minutes in as well.

While I loved the visual effects -- I am absolutely lost on what the movie is about - and I just don't care either.  :laugh:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2012, 06:19:19 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 01, 2012, 06:15:06 PM
brother, i'm sorry to correct your grammer but its
'farther from Alien than Prometheus was'.
Thats elementary school for you.

Sorry for the typo, man. My finger must have slipped on the keyboard.

And I'm sorry to correct your spelling, but its actually 'grammar', not 'grammer'. Oh, and 'I'm' should be capitalized and there is an apostrophe in 'that's'. Learned that in elementary school :)

Nightmare -- maybe the best Internet post ever.  Period.  Exclamation point.  Bravo. [though you both forgot its needs to be it's  ;D]  ahem, high school grad

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2012, 06:24:09 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 01, 2012, 06:21:31 PM
I don't believe that Noomi  and fassbender had already signed. I think thats BS. Plus wouldnt they have that in their WIKI page? if this is late breaking news, then we will see by end of day today.
  That type of deal usually follows an extraordinary for-sight based on world wide earnings for Prometheus and sequal announcements. Plus thats the assumption that the sequel is a continuation of the last film and not a story in itself which i am personally more interested in.
Not necessarily. Marvel Studios, for example, is well known for signing cast members to multiple film contracts, just in case a sequel opportunity pops up. Fox could have done the same thing with them because they knew that they were going to survive the movie.

I believe both Noomi and Fassbender discussed their desire to do sequels in multiple interviews.  And I may have even heard them say they signed up -- however -- I, like Wiki, am not acrediblesource

AmazSpiderMan1

AmazSpiderMan1

Quote from: 180924609 on Aug 02, 2012, 12:00:33 AM
There was no mood or atmosphere in Prometheus, apart from the opening section of the movie. It was just a sequence of ludicrous set pieces hastily cobbled together with little coherence.

Exactly. The trailers promised this epicly dark movie, and the film didn't deliver that. I don't know if it was a miscommunication between the editor about the tone or what, but I was expecting a different movie than what we got. No atmosphere. The only scene I felt tension during was the operation scene, and even then, the pacing was off. I kept thinking how we got to this moment so quick and randomly. It's kind of a bummer now re-watching the trailers and knowing we'll never feel that scary excitement watching the actual movie.

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

"Damon Lindelof might not be available"

Spoiler
F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[close]

episodenone

episodenone

and that is simply your opinion of course.

if you read the last several pages of this thread - that should be quite obvious.

what i've noticed -- is many of the most vocal haters of Prometheus no longer post that often leaving more of us percentage-wise that either liked or loved it.

hating something like a movie gets old and boring -- loving it last forever [usually]

Quote from: AmazSpiderMan1 on Aug 02, 2012, 12:21:27 AM

Exactly. The trailers promised this epicly dark movie, and the film didn't deliver that. I don't know if it was a miscommunication between the editor about the tone or what, but I was expecting a different movie than what we got. No atmosphere. The only scene I felt tension during was the operation scene, and even then, the pacing was off. I kept thinking how we got to this moment so quick and randomly. It's kind of a bummer now re-watching the trailers and knowing we'll never feel that scary excitement watching the actual movie.

speak for yourself please.

AmazSpiderMan1

AmazSpiderMan1

I was speaking for the person I quoted about mood and atmosphere.

PhilHickerson

PhilHickerson

I rather enjoyed Prometheus.  The film's biggest weakness are the obvious holes that were either edited out or intentionally omitted for the sake of a sequel.  As fans its easy to turn our noses up at any little thing that isn't exactly the way *we* want it to be (as many prove in this topic alone), but its clear a great deal of care and thought went into the movie. 

Ironically Kingdom of Heaven - also directed by Ridley Scott - suffered an oddly similar fate.  The theatrical release was clearly butchered in the editing room... but the director's cut is absolute brilliance.  One of my all time faves, as far as movies go. 

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

The possibility of new writers has me interested again. I really didn't care for more of the same from Lindelof. Get some fresh eyes on it, and please get someone who isn't a 'fan boy' and who will actually call bullshit on Ridley rather than suck his toes.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think 2015 is likely given that Scott is already working on a different film at the moment and 2014 has enough stuff being released that year. 2014 has two Marvel Studio films, Transformers 4, the third Hobbit movie, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Ninja Turtles, X-Men: First Class 2, How to Train Your Dragon 2, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and the new Godzilla film from Legendary Pictures.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Eradicate Ridley Scott and every other...human- who was responsible for the first Prometheus film. I can't take another terrible movie that has the misfortune of being attached to the Alien universe.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Aug 02, 2012, 02:32:35 AM
Eradicate Ridley Scott and every other...human- who was responsible for the first Prometheus film. I can't take another terrible movie that has the misfortune of being attached to the Alien universe.

Prometheus IMO is an more enjoyable film then anything else alien beyond maybe the first one.

Just me.  I also loved tree of life which most around here hated.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

"Prometheus IMO is an more enjoyable film then anything else alien beyond maybe the first one."

Blasphemy! That's just like saying that Micheal Bay's Transformers is the best of the Transformers universes.  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed