Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 90,861 times)

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 01, 2012, 07:44:54 PM
I'm more interested in the company than the journey of Shaw and David. Would love to see how the sequel turns out though ;D Also i still kind of hope that Vickers is an android and she crawls away the spaceship in a future movie ::)

I'm doubting vickers will be there as she seems to be super busy as an actress.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: fiveways on Aug 01, 2012, 07:54:37 PM
I'm more interested in the company than the journey of Shaw and David. Would love to see how the sequel turns out though ;D Also i still kind of hope that Vickers is an android and she crawls away the spaceship in a future movie ::)

I can still hope ::) She is my favorite Prometheus character and i would love to see her make a return

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 01, 2012, 07:56:40 PM
Quote from: fiveways on Aug 01, 2012, 07:54:37 PM

I can still hope ::) She is my favorite Prometheus character and i would love to see her make a return

Oh I get it, I also understand she is filming probably 2 mad max films on top of everything else on her IMDB. 

Plus, I am probably more excited about a return to the world of mad max right now then a prometheus sequel.

szkoki

szkoki

honestly , anyone has seen Pandorum? now thats a GREAT MOVIE but it has the similar problems like Prometheus....and its only that the script is laking in some point, like we were watching a movie that we have seen it in a dosends of time before (not only because of avp cmon)! Both movies are well directed, no doubt! Awesome conversations, awesome sets, awesome footages, the tense is awesoem BUT Pandorum altough has the monsters that almost every 2nd movie has nowdays stil have a fews TWISTS at the end that u ....and i bet my whole life on it...would never figure out by yourself when u watching it 1st time.

ummm thats enough :D i mean hire the writer of Pandorum if he/she so talented!

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: szkoki on Aug 01, 2012, 08:31:59 PM
honestly , anyone has seen Pandorum? now thats a GREAT MOVIE but it has the similar problems like Prometheus....and its only that the script is laking in some point, like we were watching a movie that we have seen it in a dosends of time before (not only because of avp cmon)! Both movies are well directed, no doubt! Awesome conversations, awesome sets, awesome footages, the tense is awesoem BUT Pandorum altough has the monsters that almost every 2nd movie has nowdays stil have a fews TWISTS at the end that u ....and i bet my whole life on it...would never figure out by yourself when u watching it 1st time.

ummm thats enough :D i mean hire the writer of Pandorum if he/she so talented!

I love Pandorum !!! :D I always said they need the director/writer of pandorum to make an alien/avp movie. It is a really interesting science fiction movie 8)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: newbeing on Aug 01, 2012, 04:58:08 PM
Good news, but please no Spaihts... I feel like Lindelof got all the crap while Spaihts (the guy who wrote the terrible Darkest Hour before Prometheus) got off scott free.
+1

Valaquen

Valaquen

I felt that Pandorum fell to pieces after the 20 min mark. Interesting ideas, but...

As for Prometheus ... feel strangely ambivalent.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

I still dont know how was Prometheus turned into a vague mess but from what we got was that Lideloff took out all references to anything and Scott liked it. And this was after Scott had a complete script. This whole "is or is not a prequel" happened from the start and never let up.

So this next movie is will be up in the air to what it is until release unless these people get down to it and speak direct about what it is.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 01, 2012, 08:36:45 PM
I felt that Pandorum fell to pieces after the 20 min mark. Interesting ideas, but...

well i think the first 20 minutes are awesome, just a two of u in a haunted ghost ship trying to figure out whats going on...epic , then the monsters show up...i feel a bit dissapointed as the monsters from Descent also can be found here....so it goes into a mediocore horror, then in the end the whole acting of Quaid is pure awesome and also that last 20 minutes, epic! so basicly one of the best sci-fi in the 21st century for me...at least its not so "boring" as the 2nd half of the Prometheus

AmazSpiderMan1

AmazSpiderMan1

I'm going to take this news with a grain of salt, for now. It could be years until we see movement on this. Scott still has a bunch of other projects on his plate, and he's been known to procrastinate. I hope his passion is there.

I was also pumped for "Predators 2", and that isn't happening, apparently...

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: szkoki on Aug 01, 2012, 08:55:39 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 01, 2012, 08:36:45 PM

well i think the first 20 minutes are awesome, just a two of u in a haunted ghost ship trying to figure out whats going on...epic , then the monsters show up...i feel a bit dissapointed as the monsters from Descent also can be found here....so it goes into a mediocore horror, then in the end the whole acting of Quaid is pure awesome and also that last 20 minutes, epic! so basicly one of the best sci-fi in the 21st century for me...at least its not so "boring" as the 2nd half of the Prometheus

This is kinda why I want prometheus 2 to just be shaw, david, and engineers as the onlyt humanoids. I love the idea of a girl trapped in deep space with a walking version of Hal 9000 looking for a planet that is probably filled with death.

Bleak and depressing.  Hopeless.  No jock marines to save the day.  No other people, use isolation to it's fullest.

Will never happen.

I also kinda expect ridley to only produce this one.

Space Sweeper

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I heard that Lideloff wanted to make it a comedy because he's the twin brother of David Cross.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 01, 2012, 08:38:01 PM
I still dont know how was Prometheus turned into a vague mess but from what we got was that Lideloff took out all references to anything and Scott liked it. And this was after Scott had a complete script. This whole "is or is not a prequel" happened from the start and never let up.

So this next movie is will be up in the air to what it is until release unless these people get down to it and speak direct about what it is.

Divpax

Divpax

I think Pandorum was great until the monsters showed up.

All I want from prometheus 2 is Shaw and David, a properly biomechanical planet, and more engineers. Anything else is just icing.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Yeah i hope to see more biomechanical stuff

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed