Would you like Prometheus 2 to be more of an Alien film than Prometheus 1?

Started by shadowedge, Jul 15, 2012, 03:33:40 PM

Would you like Prometheus 2 to be more of an Alien film?

Yes bring on the xenomorphs!
13 (22%)
No, let it continue to be it's own thing.
10 (16.9%)
More related to Alien than the first film was, but not a full on Alien film.
21 (35.6%)
Less releted to Alien than the first film was, but still having some elements releated to the Alien series.
6 (10.2%)
Other?
9 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author
Would you like Prometheus 2 to be more of an Alien film than Prometheus 1? (Read 4,951 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jul 16, 2012, 11:57:24 AM
that we can talk about

To be fair, I don't care what your opinion is on Prometheus, but if there is one thing it succeded in, it is leaving us talking about it.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 16, 2012, 12:04:16 PM
that we can talk about

To be fair, I don't care what your opinion is on Prometheus, but if there is one thing it succeded in, it is leaving us talking about it.

Can't argue with that, but we have been talking about Alien and its successors for years as well. IMO we are talking about Prometheus because of those movies; because regardless of whether it is good or not it is the most important thing to happen to the Alien movie-verse in a very long time. It's the movie we were all waiting for.

Infected

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 15, 2012, 10:01:37 PM
Quote from: Infected on Jul 15, 2012, 09:27:41 PM
What are you talking about Prometheus 2? we wait another goddamn 5 years and then we get shit again.

Because some of us liked then first one and enjoy speculating.

And even if you didn't like the first, there's no guarantee that you won't like the next.
I liked it also i loved it and i was frustrated that shit got cut out and we actually got so little about everything.
But waiting another goddamn decade for the next one and then getting another series episode movie,
nah.

whiterabbit

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jul 16, 2012, 12:29:29 PM
that we can talk about

Can't argue with that, but we have been talking about Alien and its successors for years as well. IMO we are talking about Prometheus because of those movies; because regardless of whether it is good or not it is the most important thing to happen to the Alien movie-verse in a very long time. It's the movie we were all waiting for.
Man that's a real good point, are we talking about Prometheus or the alien movies. Prometheus seems to need the alien universe far more than the alien universe needs it.

Even more so, has any of the Prometheus talk really gone anywhere interesting?

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 16, 2012, 08:39:53 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jul 16, 2012, 12:29:29 PM
that we can talk about

Man that's a real good point, are we talking about Prometheus or the alien movies. Prometheus seems to need the alien universe far more than the alien universe needs it.

Even more so, has any of the Prometheus talk really gone anywhere interesting?

The unprecedented outbreak of stupid is absolutely fascinating.

RoyaleDuke

I want to see more of the Juggernaut ship, I want to see the eggs and maybe how they came about, and I wouldn't be totally against seeing the Jockey homeplanet if they can make it visually repulsive and bio-mechanical, y'know alien. Oh and make it more of a horror movie, the teases in Prometheus really got me going but I want less action and more horror.

And while a lot of people disagree, yes I'd like to see the original ship and Space Jockey, and not necessarily on LV426.

Basically pull out all the stops and make it closer to the first in tone, you can still have an epic scope while maintaining the tone. Also, make it 3 hours for gods sake Prometheus would've been better if they had another hour to the film and did more with the exploration bits.

After they do that

Gosutoraida

I'm hoping for more connection with Alien, such as the origins of the derelict Juggernaut and why the Engineer landed/crashed on LV426.

zakzak

If Fox wants to do an ALIEN movie or a reboot or whatever, do an honest-to-God Xeno-centric movie. If they want to continue with these Engineer vs Humankind plot which is set up very nicely in PROMETHEUS despite the movie lazy writing, I would welcome it. You don't confuse and frustrate the fan base, the very worst thing you can do in the age of successful fan-based movies like TWILIGHT & HUNGER GAMES. You stick to the canon, get some real money to up the production values. PROMETHEUS looks incredible but rely too much on a tease rather than full blown science fiction action thrillers everybody was expecting. Remember PROMETHEUS opened with a big $50 million opening. This is huge for a R rated film and there is still a substantial Alien fans out there.

I suggest to Fox to commit to 2 movies:

1. A more adult, contemplative LAWRENCE OF ARABIA in Outer Space plot (after all, LAWRENCE is referenced heavily in PROMETHEUS)

2. A more action oriented Xeno-centric movie that would bring in the fans and continue the franchise in a vigorous new direction

You can even still tie the 2 movies together just like Quentin Tarantino did with KILL BILL movies. KB1 is wall to wall martial-arts action movie. KB2 is a more deliberately paced human drama.

They could split the sequels to PROMETHEUS this way:

PROMETHEUS 2
Another expedition sent to LV 223, this time maybe from rival Yutani who has absorbed Weyland Corp to form mega-conglomerate we all know very well. This is a true sequel in its form with the human crew not knowing what happened before committing the same mistakes but this time they bring in the Colonial Marines used extensively in those Outer World colonies by Weyland. The deacon has evolved into...Xeno. There are more mutations and monstrosities around the abandoned pots. We find out what else is in the OTHER temples. More revelations about the Engineers' method of bio-engineering, more revelations about the black goo. The surviving crew would nuke the whole place ala ALIENS when they find out the place is overrun with Xeno madness and goes to search & rescue Shaw & David (they would find this out from a control console which may be able to record the destinations of the last departing ship - hey I am trying here  :P). There is a split in the team: some of them want to go home and study species they gather, obeying corporate protocol & interest; the other half want to save Shaw & David, no man left behind. And into Shaw & David story. The writers would have a good time explaining how a tiny human and a severed android pilot an alien ship to an  unknown territory. But this is where the find out about the Engineers culture or lack of it (they are just mad scientists wanting to be God-like like Weyland wanting to be immortal). Somehow they feel that humans are either rivals (because of events in LV 223) or pesky insects that would complicate their plan (because we have empathy, code of ethics, compassion etc). They also find out that the Engineers have gone to Earth and set up military base on the Moon to launch an attack on Earth. We would find Shaw & David are on the run from the Engineers as they set off their reptilian pit bulls on them when.....The movie would tie in with the Yutani expedition team arrives, implying that the team decides to rescue Shaw after all, and some Marines action to please the action fans of JC ALIENS. 'We must warn Earth." The saga continues. $170 million domestic, $350 million worldwide

PROMETHEUS 3
ENGINEER vs HUMANS
A gigantic scifi alien invasion movie of epic proportion ala INDEPENDENCE DAY without the gung-ho Will Smith cheesiness. Massive space battles outside the Earth's atmosphere as the Engineers terraformed the Moon to set up military base in defiance of UN Resolutions -- hehehe. The human tech - Nuke, rail guns, EM bombs - have no match for Engineer's arsenal of bizarre technology. This is the time where they also use their bio-tech on humans to neutralize their numbers. Massive viral outbreak turning humans into cannibals & zombies & half Xeno monstrosities turning brothers against brothers, and their sisters too. This is the story where humans find out the Engineer's weakness which come as a twist in the end. No computer virus BS (their tech is bio-based not electronics). The humans defeat the Engineers at the end and they signed a peace treaty at last. The humans take back the now terraformed Moon as the last of the Engineers leave the solar system (Or have they? Mars is nearby).
$ 500 million domestic, $ 1 billion worldwide. 

Fox's 3 years of "meh" box office status is solved. Forget about the X-Men movies, forget about James Cameron as the savior. PROMETHEUS is a friend of mankind, and Fox too.

BANE

I would imagine Weyland Industries would absorb Yutani.

If you look at the corporate timeline on the Weyland industries website, it says they beat out upstart Yutani corp for rights to the David models, or something along those lines (with Weyland industries already a financial heavyweight and Yutani only a startup at the time).

fiveways

LESS ACTION.  MORE PLOT.

I hate action movies.  Space Battles are over.  Just boring shit to me now.  But others seem to love them, I look at the money transformers makes at the box office and weep.

I miss the days of intelligent scifi. 

psychonaut25

As first , I want it to be better, WAY better than was Prometheus. And more ties to Alien universe, if not to all Alien franchise , then it would be sufficient to tie it it closesly with Alien.

szkoki

no Alien, thank u, new monsters, new worlds, new adventure, new fear

RoaryUK

Think it was Lindelof who stated the next Prometheus will go further away from Alien... the further the better for me!

acrediblesource

I simply don't like the fact that Yutani being suited as an evil japanese corporation. Its too ethnic and and too abstract a way at formulating hatred.  I know its a means to justify the aparent 'goodness' of everyone else, but  I mean how often does a   big budget international movie ever do this? Considering that the architypes are usually middle eastern.
If they were going to use Yutani, they'd better make that shit believable and not so 1 dimensional typical evil asian archetypes you see in movies today. Then justifiably the cast of nameless asians will be pointlessly shot at and humiliated with a giant bomb like all movies that have  evil asian people. MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

Morpheus

People was expecting much more "ALIEN' elements on it. And me too. I voted in "More related to Alien than the first film was, but not a full on Alien film" because i know they gonna make something on that way,and not a completly ALIEN movie.Sad butch true.

They will focus more on that "GOD,Maker and Making" thing.

Sorry by my english

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed