Alien Reborn

Started by Stingray, Jun 24, 2012, 07:52:30 PM

Author
Alien Reborn (Read 22,212 times)

Stingray

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

OMG, I cannot wait to see these sets in the film. The interior space just feels lie it's going to be tight, and I really want to see that in full. Keep the the awesome work Stingray, because I keep getting excited.

Stingray

Stingray

These are old updates... the set is almost done now. I'm uploading the last two vids right now.  :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Stingray on Aug 01, 2012, 02:39:13 AM
These are old updates... the set is almost done now. I'm uploading the last two vids right now.  :)

Regardless of how old these updates are, it's still amazing to look at. And I can't wait to see the final look of the set whenever you are ready to show it to us. I am assuming the last two vids aren't going to be of the final look, right?

If they are....I. WILL. EXPLODE.

Stingray

Stingray

Daw thanks.  :)

Well, no, not exactly the "final" look, but it is extremely close to being finished. Might take me a while to find the very important details needed to 100% complete it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Stingray on Aug 01, 2012, 02:43:07 AM
Daw thanks.  :)

Well, no, not exactly the "final" look, but it is extremely close to being finished. Might take me a while to find the very important details needed to 100% complete it.

Awesome to hear.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Looking nice :)

How's the Alien itself coming along?

Stingray

Stingray

Not that great, I'm afraid. I haven't even started yet.

However, I did buy a bike helmet I want to build the head over, so I at least have something to start with. I'll have to "steal" wire materials from our landlord who has such items buried under various junk leftover from 13 years of hoarding. I quotationed that word because he tends on discarding most of the stuff anyway, despite never actually getting around to doing it.

Funny thing... that's how I obtain a lot of my junk. And he's explored my sets with genuine admiration regardless.

Hmm.  :-\

Okay, they're finally up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58fJfIFED7I#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Id1TEpopOw#

Stingray

Stingray

This is the setup for filming special model effects shots:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Stingray on Aug 02, 2012, 06:44:26 PM
This is the setup for filming special model effects shots:

Sweetness.

Stingray

Stingray

I now have two enthusiastic actors on the project. One girl who is nervous, but acts well after a third take, and one guy I've known for some years... who I hadn't realized until on set, is much taller than the set itself!  :D

They loved the bridge set. It really helped with our practice session. And apparently Brie likes the spinny chairs.  :D

Also, both had never seen the original Alien movies. So as our "study session" before the practice, we watched the '79 movie (DC). They really liked it. They really look forward to doing more work on this project.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Stingray on Aug 26, 2012, 02:01:44 AM
I now have two enthusiastic actors on the project. One girl who is nervous, but acts well after a third take, and one guy I've known for some years... who I hadn't realized until on set, is much taller than the set itself!  :D

They loved the bridge set. It really helped with our practice session. And apparently Brie likes the spinny chairs.  :D

Also, both had never seen the original Alien movies. So as our "study session" before the practice, we watched the '79 movie (DC). They really liked it. They really look forward to doing more work on this project.

This sounds f**king good. I still have the utmost excitement for this, so I can't wait to hear more, thanks for the update.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Excellent, man. I'm really glad things are moving forward.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

All these new videos and pictures?

Dear God, man, why did you leave me out of it all? :D

Seriously, though, I am SO glad your project is finally moving on!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Holy shit, his last post was August 25th?!

It feels like it's been months!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed