A natural course of the sequel or some explanations to Aliens story line

Started by yordan, Jun 05, 2012, 10:32:33 AM

Author
A natural course of the sequel or some explanations to Aliens story line (Read 4,394 times)

yordan

yordan

Hello.
I watched the movie a few times up now, and i wish to start this spoiler to get your toughs on it.

There is a few questions which left opened since Prometheus.

- What is the black substance, and where it came from ?
- Why the Engineers wish to destroy us ?
- What's happened with the alien ship, and what will happened with Elizabeth Shaw ?
- What will Elizabeth Shaw do when she reach the Engineers home planet ?

here's my toughts :

Engineers could be our creators, but could be just another species created by something else.
For me the second looks much more probably, but Engineers seems like to be developing enought to be explorers of the galaxy, and probably conquerors of some planets.
Since this is true ( due the star map which was revealed on the Engineers spaceship ) then the encounter with the Predators is much likely to happened, and the both races star a war.
This could explain actually aswell the pretty amusement and the same time interest/missinterest which played The Predator in the original movie.

The Black substance is actually the object which providing fast evolution and development of organisms, and this black substance is much probabbly to be the thing which we are created from than the Engineers themselfs.

The base which was revealed with Prometheus is probably an abandoned military estabilishment, and research base, but something went wrong, and the black substance with relation with the present on the planet organisms brought the doom upon the base.

Another development about what the black substance could be : the black substance is originally property of the predators ( the technology of the containers more matching the Predators technology than Engineers ).
And it were used from the Predators for their hunting games, by creating randomly dangerous creaturs with it, and hunt them down.
This way the game will be always hot and dangerous as hell - just as they like it.

Actually i think the second makes more reason, and the black substance is tooken by the Engineers and keep on the planet for studing and probably destroying lately.

We can easily read the expression which was more like interest and mistrust on the last Engineer face when he sow our astronaut tring to contact him.
Probably the Earth is some sort of test base than a target for destruction for them.

---

About Elizabeth Shaw venture to the Engineers planet.
Since their space ships would bring her there very fast, and the year of the event would be arround 2091-2100 ( top ),
and "Alien 4" tookin place in year 2325 and the Earth and human race still exists. So It is safe to assume that the Engineers do not atack the Earth, neither Shaw start a war between us and the Engineers, neither they destroyed us.
Therefore Shaw faces the death trough hers jurney, or reach the Engineers planet, but the developement of the events is differnt than war.
If she succeed to reach them, they developement of the story line could be - she is reached a devastated world due the war with the Predators or black substance doom creatures, or she is destroyed by the Engineers because she is bringing the black substance over their world, or somethign between theese 2 possible story lines, which would be a much natural end for her storyline, since there is not much data about her in late original Alien story lines.

---

The relation with Alien's movies high military interest anyway could be explained actually with a possible message sent from Shaw or Engineers to warn us about upcomming doom from this life forms.
Or the message contains data about upcomming Predators assault, and some about possivle using of Alien as a force against the Predators. ( a bit trappy for us story line anyway ).
This would expecially explain the militarry experiment to clone the Alien since they lost the origin of the species, and be prepared for encounter with the creatures like this into late human race ventures into the space.

At this point i will stop, since the relations mostly closed each other, and i will leave space for your comments :)

I would like to add another fact to the possibility of Aliens - Predators - Humans ( i coint the Engineers as Humans aswell ) war is that all Predators carying a self destroying device equal to a small nuke, which is much likely to be used against large number of enemies when he became entraped.
This seems to be not usually against hormal hunt, which is a separate organisms, than a against a prepared group of dangerous  form of organisms.
We can see aswell much greather interest of Predators to slaughter Aliens than Humans, and actually unite with the Humans at some point, which makes much more sense in one galactic scale war, on which the Alien is escaped engineered life form, and much likely the Engineers lost their batle long ago, and now the Predaotrs hunt the rest of the Alien life forms arround the galaxy.

warner

I dont think there would be sequel to Prometheus.

Aceburster

Put prometheus in the AVP universe? That'll teach Ridley to mess with nature.  8)

yordan

I think it just goin to hapens ... everything on Prometheus is preparing the ground for it, and the end of AvP2 is much likely to  be the merger point.
Altought - probably the sequel to Prometheus shall be shooted in 2014 - in 2013th is much likely to see AvP3 ...

Bender1988

Both AvP movies were really REALLY extremely really bad- I dont think that there will be a third one in the near future.

yordan

well ... sure their story line is a bit messy, anyway Prometheus open a door about fixing it, and making the same time the story much complex and much merged.

You are right that they lack significantly of the "thing" which is filled the whole Alien or Predator movies universe, but this could be fixed now i think, creating one much more involving story...

Shinawi

Spoiler
An interview of Ridley Scott gives me the feeling that 20th Century Fox wants Prometheus to be in an AvP world and Ridley Scott will add new stuff to it.
Assuming this, it makes me wonder what position the predators would have in this world. I think the original humans were in violent competition against the predators. So the original humans created or gave birth to the Earthlings and then made the alien DNA. They were planning to combine both as biological weapons against the predators. The predators somehow found out about this. So they train their warriors against the Earthlings and the aliens to prepare against an attack by the original humans...
[close]

orchidal

I just Don't know what sort of lasting horror they can keep with a sequel where there is only
Spoiler
one and a...erm...half
[close]
survivor(s) left.

Any potential plot point that could introduce more human characters into the mix would just be too far reaching and contrived.

yordan

yordan

Quote from: Shinawi on Jun 06, 2012, 09:40:47 AM
Spoiler
An interview of Ridley Scott gives me the feeling that 20th Century Fox wants Prometheus to be in an AvP world and Ridley Scott will add new stuff to it.
Assuming this, it makes me wonder what position the predators would have in this world. I think the original humans were in violent competition against the predators. So the original humans created or gave birth to the Earthlings and then made the alien DNA. They were planning to combine both as biological weapons against the predators. The predators somehow found out about this. So they train their warriors against the Earthlings and the aliens to prepare against an attack by the original humans...
[close]

Probably Ridlesy Scott is a my bigest fan :P
And I am happy that 1st I predicting the story line of 3 following movies - 2 Alien Aligned and 1 AvP aligned :P

bobkind3

Quote from: orchidal on Jun 06, 2012, 10:10:35 AM
I just Don't know what sort of lasting horror they can keep with a sequel where there is only
Spoiler
one and a...erm...half
[close]
survivor(s) left.

Any potential plot point that could introduce more human characters into the mix would just be too far reaching and contrived.

Well that would be easy to contrive. One surprise I expected but didn't materialise was Yutani. I thought at least some industrial espionage - one crew member as a sleeper. However what if a Yutani mission was shadowing the Prometheus hoping to share in their findings. They could land sometime after Shaw has departed. They discover the proto xenomorph and we get some classic stalk and slash. Maybe Vickers survives - her death is not confirmed. She has taken refuse in the temple or the life-raft - maybe the creature returns to the temple for some contrived reason. As the head of Weyland she pledges her company for their help. However they are still intent on answers and follow Shaw to the homeworld...setting up a confrontation and reunion with Shaw and David. See pretty easy - but would you want to watch it?

AsapJockey

Shaw worked for Yutani.....thats another thing left out

Anyways, stop talking about avp it will never happen, its not canon in this world.

Vickers Valiant

I'd actually like to see how many plot hole the sequel has. I see no realistic way of Shaw surviving more than 5 minutes on/near the Engineer's home world, unless there's a ton of PIS or just random bullshi­t added to lengthen the movie.

AsapJockey

What if the homeworld is Lv-426 and they are all dead...and weyland sends out a team to find David and her from signals david has been sending from the ship and they discover the jockey race is wiped out by a menacing creature they harvested on their planet first. BRING In DEL TORO

judge death

Quote from: AsapJockey on Jun 06, 2012, 12:40:03 PM
Shaw worked for Yutani.....thats another thing left out

Anyways, stop talking about avp it will never happen, its not canon in this world.
Amen, well if we think about prometheus for a moment: Ridley skipped the whole weyland yutani thing and the creator of weyland was peter weyland in prometheus so Ridley have written off the avp movies from the canon series which many other directors also wanted cut away since they ruined more than they gave to the alien saga.

Predators creating the black goo? WTF hell no, that is nothing like they have shown, Predators havent either developed new weapons or traditions for long times so a theory I have is they got the technology from other species maybe space jockeys? In AVP 1 movie in todays time they have the same weapons and ships as they have hundreds of years later, that is much progress but lets skip that plot hole in predators world.

Ridley have stated and put it out clearly in the movie that the black goo is a bio weapon the space jockeys has and is like bombs, drop some of these on a planet and it is soon overun by different bio creatures. after that the space jockeys clear the planet from those with normal weapons as seen in the magazines.
The ship in alien has the xenomorph as its weapons but as with the base it infected some of the crew and got loose, therefore abandoning these bases/ships.

Space jockeys invented us humans and you see that in the beginning of the movie but when we get smarter they decide to wipe us out. But another member of this forum wrote something I agree on: There is two species of space jockeys: One smaller who wants to destroy the other and want to dominate the universe and used the dna from xeno for creating these bio weapons. The other a bigger version creates life and is more peacefully, as you saw in the beginning of prometheus the space ships there looked more round and different than the normal ones we´ve seen normaly.

Since predators looks like us humans in many ways and have some of the strenght the space jockeys has and some fans some years ago wrote a website which to me looked correct said and I agree: That they also created the predator and gave them their technology they still use today but have the same culture as before like nomads.

I dotn see them waging wars between each other would just be stupid since both are highly advanced species and a war would mean disaster for both or mostly for predators since lets think about it: Space jockeys has xenomorphs and other bio weapons amongst normal weapons and only the xenomorph is more than deadly for the predators, and no I´m not a fanboy who think Predators cant loose against xenos or wice versa, the xenomorph is the perfect creature and would be a big threat to predators planets.

As a movie with that idea it would suck and I wouldnt even like it, if people find plotholes in prometheus they will find a bigger one in that movie so please god no.

But everyone can have their own theories about this, this is the version I believe in :)

Ruzena

Yopu should send this as scenario to Fox, its stupid enough so they can shoot it... Welcome on the board...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed