DELETED/MODIFIED SCENES. SPOILERS!!! RE-UPDATED POST 1!!!

Started by NGR01, May 31, 2012, 10:49:59 PM

Author
DELETED/MODIFIED SCENES. SPOILERS!!! RE-UPDATED POST 1!!! (Read 35,564 times)

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2012, 05:54:51 PM
What about the shot of Ford trembling before the Engineer? Was it so brief that I missed it?

Its in there, dude.  I've seen the film twice.  Missed that shot first, but looked for it secound time around.  Its there, but very, very brief.  Maybe even a different take.

Zenzucht

The movie has been indeed extensively cut.

Source: Internal subtitles marking.

Alien³

Let us begin a partition to guarantee us fans an extended Blu-ray.  :P

Cvalda

LOL, no petition needed. An extended cut of a Ridley film with 20 extra minutes or more on the home video release is practically par for the course every single time. ::) Cha-ching.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 06:39:05 PM
LOL, no petition needed. An extended cut of a Ridley film with 20 extra minutes or more on the home video release is practically par for the course every single time. ::) Cha-ching.
Yet he acts like he's totally clueless to this, that is, until it's released and we hear him delving into all of the things he wished happened in the original cut.

Good marketing, and a slick businessman I suppose.  Hurts your artistic credibility there, Riddles.  Do you really need more f**king money at this point? (Not to sound like a fascist, just saying being as wealthy and successful as he is, he really has no excuse not to focus on art and create magnificent, near-perfect films.  It might be different if he was an up-and-comer struggling to make it in the Hollywood machine.)

Bad Replicant

Even if there isn't an official extended cut, you're basically guaranteed a trove of additional footage as a bonus if Charles de Lauzirika's involved. I'm sure Prometheus: The Virtual Workprint is inevitable. ;)

NGR01

NGR01

What about the shot of Ford trembling before the Engineer? Was it so brief that I missed it?

It's another take that is used not that shot of her tetanized, shaking.
But all happens fast.

Still wonder why the made a digital double of her...

chupacabras acheronsis

nendo

nendo

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 01, 2012, 10:31:35 PM

It's another take that is used not that shot of her tetanized, shaking.
But all happens fast.

Still wonder why the made a digital double of her...

It was probably used to correct any 3d errors post production. As in with the focus of it rather than for cgi use

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Zenzucht on Jun 01, 2012, 06:28:04 PM
The movie has been indeed extensively cut.

Source: Internal subtitles marking.

What you mean?

BTW i think that the order of the scene have been largely modified in the end.
From the trailer, Weyland party to the last Engineers start when Fifield goes berzerk in the hangar.
I think that they don't take Shaw with them, she later takes an RT01 truck and catch up with them.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

"Not one frame of Prometheus will be cut." -- :laugh:

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 02, 2012, 10:06:06 AM
"Not one frame of Prometheus will be cut." -- :laugh:
"-- to secure a PG-13 rating. But yes, we will be making extensive cuts to make the thing finish quickly. MOAR SCREENINZ"!

NGR01

NGR01

I just hope we do get the original cut one day :(
The movie is growing on me but i need that extra material or right chronology that looks to make more sense.

Valaquen

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 02, 2012, 10:19:32 AM
I just hope we do get the original cut one day :(
Hopefully Ridley backpedals on his, "it's my preferred cut," line, because if that's his preferred cut ... he's lost it.

NGR01

NGR01

He has become a great businessman.
he know there is money in this.
For now he's into selling the product in theatre if he's asked if there is a extended cut he will say there is bits and pieces but nothing major GO SEE THE MOVIE IN THEATRE!
Then when the BR comes out it will be, well i came back to it and tought some stuff needed to be adressed here is the extended cut.
The worst that can happen is that he goes all BLADE RUNNER on us and we get to see extra stuff in 30 years after all the sequels...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed