Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating)

Started by JaaayDee, May 28, 2012, 02:22:15 PM

Author
Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating) (Read 209,636 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Unofficial Consensus:
The film may be asking way more questions than it can handle and, at times, suffers from an incoherent plot and pacing, but Prometheus maintains itself as an amazing sci-fi spectacle, featuring shining performances from Rapace, Theron, and a particularly engrossing play from Fassbender as the android David.

Valaquen

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 07, 2012, 12:46:00 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 06, 2012, 10:49:21 PMThat's a slew of great reviews. They cite the problems, and go on to say that it's worthwhile still.

Don't worry mate, there is a lot to like about this film. It's definately worth the ticket price (although that MSN review up there is over the top praise IMO).
Aye, the film's not as great as all the panegyrics make out, but it's nowhere near as terrible as it's made out to be by others. Good but flawed.

JaaayDee

Thoughts on the consensus, Val?

Valaquen

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jun 07, 2012, 01:11:55 AM
Seems spot on, though I saw so much of the trailers and TV spots that it didn't come across as "amazing sci-fi spectacle" in the cinema - though that's really my fault for digging into the marketing, and not the film's.

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm quite shocked that I've avoided so much spoiler material. I accidentally stumbled upon a couple of things, one about Vickers which made me a bit sad (her fate), but other than that, I know only what trailers have shown.

CAN'T WAIT!

JaaayDee

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 07, 2012, 01:17:45 AM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Jun 07, 2012, 01:11:55 AM
Seems spot on, though I saw so much of the trailers and TV spots that it didn't come across as "amazing sci-fi spectacle" in the cinema - though that's really my fault for digging into the marketing, and not the film's.
Guess that happens when every single money shot is spoiled to you on a small monitor  :'(

mastermoon

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 07, 2012, 01:10:36 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 07, 2012, 12:46:00 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 06, 2012, 10:49:21 PMThat's a slew of great reviews. They cite the problems, and go on to say that it's worthwhile still.

Don't worry mate, there is a lot to like about this film. It's definately worth the ticket price (although that MSN review up there is over the top praise IMO).
Aye, the film's not as great as all the panegyrics make out, but it's nowhere near as terrible as it's made out to be by others. Good but flawed.

It's a flawed movie but atleast it's not AVPR, but look on the bright side a sequel is possible.

So far when checking out the critics reviews most are good reviews.

SpeedyMaxx

I always expected an imperfect film.  The question is will it be good enough for me.  So we'll see.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

ABC At The Movies 3/5, 3.5/5

http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s3509274.htm

Again with the screenplay.

Prime113

Blacklabel

he f**king loves scifi :) a good man ;)

SpeedyMaxx

That's one I didn't expect, even for someone feeling pretty good about the film, warts and all.

Bring it.

Prime113

Cvalda

I love Ebert, but his opinion on sci-fi films that are marginally competent is always skewed to absurdly positive degrees.

After all, he gave Knowing four stars as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed