Prometheus US Launch Thread

Started by RagingDragon, May 24, 2012, 04:01:17 PM

Author
Prometheus US Launch Thread (Read 36,581 times)

szkoki

szkoki

only dubbed version in my country :( say a pray for me ...such talented actors and i cant hear their voices

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 04, 2012, 02:13:23 PM
only dubbed version in my country :( say a pray for me ...such talented actors and i cant hear their voices

Whhhattt? Man, that sucks, dude.  :'(

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 04, 2012, 07:31:31 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Jun 04, 2012, 02:13:23 PM

Whhhattt? Man, that sucks, dude.  :'(

we have great actors no doubt but not like 10-20 yrs before when the dubs made most of the movies awesome nowdays comedies have only good dubs here

edit: i have found it!!! still ridicilous only 1 movie in the whole capital city where you can watch this in 2d with subtitles but
many  seats are already reserved so i havent got the best ones
Spoiler
[close]
in 3d (with subtitles) i could sit almost anywhere but i have never watched any 3d movies yet so i dont know if i would like the style  at all...?

difficult decision

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I personally really enjoy the Real-D 3D, but it does take some getting used to.  You have to realize that the images you're looking at have depth, so your eyes have to work a bit more because what you're looking at has depth just like a real image.  You can't just stare at the 2-D flat screen.

I think Prometheus wouldn't be a bad movie to experience 3D in for the first time.  From what it sounds like, it runs at a bit slower pace and has some very nice visuals and wide shots.  This would be better than seeing something with tons of action and super-fast FX scenes or complicated shots.

I watched Wrath of the Titans in 3D, and it was amazing, but some parts were so fast it could make you dizzy.  There were also constant explosions and things like that, so I was flinching because it looks likes things are flying at you. :laugh:

ThisBethesdaSea

I wish some one would explain to me why Hollywood has all of a sudden gone the 3D route? It doesn't seem to have any impetus either than money?

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

I personally dislike 3d because it ruins the movie the stupid glasses make everything darker. I only like 3d if the movie is like a comedy and random stuff is flyin at you

Prime113

Prime113

szkoki, glad you found it, man! I prefer 2D myself, but I can tolerate some 3D, like Avatar or Transformers 3.

So, what time is everyone seeing this Friday? I'm gonna be seeing it at 12:45PM.

My local theater is kinda porkin' it. There are only 4 total showings Friday. Two in 2D, two in 3D.  :-\ Bastards.

JonesTheCat

JonesTheCat

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 05, 2012, 02:48:01 PM
I wish some one would explain to me why Hollywood has all of a sudden gone the 3D route? It doesn't seem to have any impetus either than money?

As I see it:

a) As you say, money
b) To stop people pirating films with cams (from what I've read, it doesn't seem to have worked though!)
c) Stupidity?

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

I'm getting a little depressed this week...

A good portion of the site over in Europe have already seen the movie.  This leads to a buffet of spoiler posts, that I want to click on but won't due to the movie opening here in two days.  So the massive speculation has ended, the discussions have been had, and now there is nothing but the void before seeing the movie finally.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

There's some spoiler-free stuff, but not much.  Just hang on a few more days, and then the madness truly will begin site-wide! :laugh:

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 06, 2012, 03:47:39 PM
There's some spoiler-free stuff, but not much.  Just hang on a few more days, and then the madness truly will begin site-wide! :laugh:

Bad thing for you US guys is that pretty much everything has been talked about. You lot really got the short straw this time round

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I personally spoiled myself after hearing such mixed reviews, but there are some people on here that have simply stopped logging on for weeks to avoid being exposed.  They have my sympathy, but from what it sounds like, the UK has gotten the shaft before so it's turnabout. :laugh:

Buster Highman

Buster Highman

Long time forum lurker here. I'm incredibly excited to go see Prometheus tonight at the Kent Station IMAX 3D (Kent is a suburb of Seattle).

I've been avoiding most written spoilers and ALL image/video spoilers so I'm going in with a clean slate for the most part. I just hope everyone here in the US and at premieres elsewhere enjoys this day and can take something away from the film. Art has become so sanitized these days when churned out of the big studios. I believe Prometheus is a diamond in the rough and I look forward to its success and more stories to come.

El Diablo

El Diablo

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Jun 06, 2012, 12:54:35 PM
I'm getting a little depressed this week...

A good portion of the site over in Europe have already seen the movie.  This leads to a buffet of spoiler posts, that I want to click on but won't due to the movie opening here in two days.  So the massive speculation has ended, the discussions have been had, and now there is nothing but the void before seeing the movie finally.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm seeing the film in IMAX at midnight tonight but I still feel like I'm late to the party. I can't imagine how it must feel to wait months for an international release in other countries.

Ooze on First

Ooze on First

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 06, 2012, 04:43:07 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 06, 2012, 03:47:39 PM

Bad thing for you US guys is that pretty much everything has been talked about. You lot really got the short straw this time round

Reading message board posts isn't the same as actually seeing the movie.
I usually read the movie novelizations before seeing films anayway...and since there were none released for Prometheus, I'm actually far less spoiled than usual.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed