Prometheus US Launch Thread

Started by RagingDragon, May 24, 2012, 04:01:17 PM

Author
Prometheus US Launch Thread (Read 34,783 times)

WiseNige

WiseNige

Just got my tickets for RealD 3D @ Regal Atlantic Station in Atlanta. TOO HYPE BIATCHEEEEEES!

I gotta make sure I bring my spare diapers and bibs!  :laugh:

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Hell yes, going tomorrow for a Matinee and an evening, gonna real pour it on until I'm completely melted. ;)

Ash 937

Ash 937

I've been avoiding most of the other threads about the film on this board because I know a lot of the English posters have seen it already and are already talking up a storm about the plot.  I'm going to see it tonight and would be vaguely curious to note any possible differences between the U.S. and English versions of the film.  Often times, films are modified for audiences in different countries.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Booked for IMAX at 1pm tomorrow  :)

Prime113

Prime113

Got tickets for tomorrow at 1PM. Then I'll probably go Saturday at the same time. Both 2D, probably.

ThisBethesdaSea

TONIGHT! 12:01am!!! Regular screening, not 3D. I don't like it, no matter how well done it is. Never have. Staying away from spoilers the best I can.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Oh, come now, Bethesda, you know you'll see this in 3D at some point :P  I hate 3D and even I caved.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2012, 07:04:39 PM
Oh, come now, Bethesda, you know you'll see this in 3D at some point :P  I hate 3D and even I caved.

3D hurts my eyes, that's why I never go. I always end up taking the glasses of for 5-10 minutes at a time, or until the screen becomes incredibly blurry.

Cvalda

Cvalda

It hurts my eyes too, and it's more annoying because I have to wear those hideous glasses on top of my actual glasses :P But I'll "experience" Ridley's 3D at least once.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2012, 07:08:40 PM
It hurts my eyes too, and it's more annoying because I have to wear those hideous glasses on top of my actual glasses :P But I'll "experience" Ridley's 3D at least once.

Oh, I heard that is a pain in the ass. Soz about that.  :-\

I was thinking about it, too, if I get really good feedback from...trusted sources. But, maybe on my 5th, 6th showing.  ;D  :P

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That's crazy.  It was a bit to get used to the first time I went to a 3D movie, but it helps to pretend you're looking at a real scene... I mean, you have to do the same work with your eyes.

I do too. :laugh:  We'll be nerd-central rocking the double glasses.

-- In other news:

We depart for our cross-state Prometheus expedition to Colorado Springs in 2 hours.

"I want DCS and Tactical Database Assimilation by oh-eight-thirty!"

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The 3D was worth it, in my opinion - and I say that as a fellow glasses-wearer. :)

As problematic as some of the plot is, the visuals don't number amongst my criticisms (except for a certain thing, but that's not in the realm of cinematography).

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 07, 2012, 07:15:42 PM
That's crazy.  It was a bit to get used to the first time I went to a 3D movie, but it helps to pretend you're looking at a real scene... I mean, you have to do the same work with your eyes.

I do too. :laugh:  We'll be nerd-central rocking the double glasses.

-- In other news:

We depart for our cross-state Prometheus expedition to Colorado Springs in 2 hours.

"I want DCS and Tactical Database Assimilation by oh-eight-thirty!"

Yeah, man, I don't know why it continues to bother me. I know there's some people that have certain eye problems and can't see the 3D, but I can see the 3D, I just can't take it for too long.

Awesome, dude! Are you gonna see it in IMAX both times?

Oh, wait, that means you won't be on a whole lot, huh?  :(

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

No my buddy we're staying with has multiple terminals, portable terminals for me to go out there and patch in manually. ;)

I'm gonna be on here as much as I can, probably to the annoyance of my wife and friends. :laugh:  I'm not gonna kid myself and expect to stay away after finally seeing this motherf**ker.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 07, 2012, 07:46:26 PM
No my buddy we're staying with has multiple terminals, portable terminals for me to go out there and patch in manually. ;)

I'm gonna be on here as much as I can, probably to the annoyance of my wife and friends. :laugh:  I'm not gonna kid myself and expect to stay away after finally seeing this motherf**ker.

Aweesome!  8)  ;D

Gonna be some epic chats tomorrow!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed