New TV Spot HUGE SPOILERS

Started by Qwertify, May 20, 2012, 06:44:42 AM

Author
New TV Spot HUGE SPOILERS (Read 162,098 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm actually glad the creature is not biomechanical...again it plays into expectations. We expect biomechanical. I'm glad they went against expectation, it could make for a better film. 'could' ;)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 21, 2012, 03:05:00 AM
I'm actually glad the creature is not biomechanical...again it plays into expectations. We expect biomechanical. I'm glad they went against expectation, it could make for a better film. 'could' ;)

But likely won't.

Ridley Scott did say there will be different forms of "Biology and biomechanoid life" So there better bet some biomechs.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Starbeast will eat all of those biomechs.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 21, 2012, 03:07:00 AM
Starbeast will eat all of those biomechs.

And then I will eat Starbeast.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 21, 2012, 03:13:20 AM
Om nom nom.
Spoiler
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on May 21, 2012, 03:15:37 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on May 21, 2012, 03:13:20 AM
Om nom nom.
Spoiler
[close]

I could never eat a squid whole like that. I was thinking more... Like...

thecaffeinatedone

Calamari is amazing

Deuterium

Deuterium

Yes...let's all keep taking those "happy pills" and tell ourselves it's all going to be alright.

Don't get me wrong, I for one will be ecstatic if Ridley can hit this out of the park...or at least, not make a new clusterf**k the likes we haven't seen since the Star Wars prequels.

But hey, if you folks can be happy with big Blue Guys, Von Daniken ancient astronauts, spitting in the face of Evolutionary Theory (and Science in general, for that matter), "space squid" and tentacle monsters...more power to ya'.

Yeah, I guess you can chalk me up as a naysayer, at this point.  Bring it on.  But don't say I haven't warned you to LOWER your expectations by a few orders of magnitude.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Deuterium on May 21, 2012, 05:36:43 AM
Yes...let's all keep taking those "happy pills" and tell ourselves it's all going to be alright.

Don't get me wrong, I for one will be ecstatic if Ridley can hit this out of the park...or at least, not make a new clusterf**k the likes we haven't seen since the Star Wars prequels.

But hey, if you folks can be happy with big Blue Guys, Von Daniken ancient astronauts, spitting in the face of Evolutionary Theory (and Science in general, for that matter), "space squid" and tentacle monsters...more power to ya'.

Yeah, I guess you can chalk me up as a naysayer, at this point.  Bring it on.  But don't say I haven't warned you to LOWER your expectations by a few orders of magnitude.

Deut, buddy, I can't help but agree about the science and everything. It's done. It cannot be undone at this point either. What can I say man... Popcorn chicken?  :)

Valaquen

Valaquen

spitting in the face of Evolutionary Theory (and Science in general, for that matter), "space squid" and tentacle monsters...more power to ya'.
It's a bloody movie, dude. You're coming across as churlish now.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Valaquen on May 21, 2012, 05:43:14 AM
spitting in the face of Evolutionary Theory (and Science in general, for that matter), "space squid" and tentacle monsters...more power to ya'.
It's a bloody movie, dude. You're coming across as churlish now.

Sorry, I don't have to work tomorrow, and I may have had a few pints too many tonight.

If I sound churlish, it is because I guess I was expecting so much more from a movie that had the potential to be based upon a truly alien civilization and alien psychology/motivations.  From what I have seen so far (and I could very well be wrong, but I don't think so)...opportunity MISSED!

Kess

Kess

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 21, 2012, 03:20:33 AM
I could never eat a squid whole like that. I was thinking more... Like...
Looks more like chicken nuggets than calamari.  But perhaps space squid does taste like chicken...  :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on May 21, 2012, 05:54:38 AM
If I sound churlish, it is because I guess I was expecting so much more from a movie that had the potential to be based upon a truly alien civilization and alien psychology/motivations.  From what I have seen so far (and I could very well be wrong, but I don't think so)...opportunity MISSED!
Deuterium just used all caps for emphasis.

Yep, he's drunk. :P

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on May 21, 2012, 05:58:14 AM
Deuterium just used all caps for emphasis.

Yep, he's drunk. :P

;D LOL.   Busted!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed