New TV Spot HUGE SPOILERS

Started by Qwertify, May 20, 2012, 06:44:42 AM

Author
New TV Spot HUGE SPOILERS (Read 160,178 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Ah, this seems to be one of those days when my pendulum is swinging back to being protective of 'Prometheus', rather than critical. :)

As I said earlier, we really have no idea what that/those arm(s) are attached to and they could just as easily be some form of trunk as anything else. If they make this genuinely lovecraftian and we see some sort of horrifying squid/mantis/arachnid hybrid thing, I'm all for that. So long as it looks like it would be vicious instead of a mess.

With that said, I believe the 'arm' would've looked better (and also more iconic) if it had a biomechanical aesthetic, instead of looking like smooth flesh. Think Sil's long segmented hair, from 'Species'. Something which looks like it could withstand a blade cutting it in half. Then again, maybe it's still relatively young and comes to be exoskeletal.

Quote from: VickersAsh on May 20, 2012, 07:29:44 PM
do i have to put it under a spoiler tag?

I was tempted to request it at the start of this, but the subject title's got a spoiler notice in it, so... I'm thinking not.

Ooze on First

Ooze on First

The tentacles seem to be coming 'down' onto the Eng.
So either this thing is taller than the corridors -or- it's hanging from (or crawling on) the ceiling.

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

Quote from: chrisr232007 on May 20, 2012, 07:43:04 PM
Some people just cant distinguish the bad from the shit  :D

lol i'm such a loser

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Eva on May 20, 2012, 07:43:10 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 20, 2012, 07:11:51 PM
What interview?
Rick interviewed me for the Inside The Members Studio thread some time ago ;)
Are u a famous person?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Infected on May 20, 2012, 07:50:51 PM
What interview?
Are u a famous person?
Around here she is. ;) :P

Mechafist

Mechafist

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 20, 2012, 07:45:40 PM
Ah, this seems to be one of those days when my pendulum is swinging back to being protective of 'Prometheus', rather than critical. :)

As I said earlier, we really have no idea what that/those arm(s) are attached to and they could just as easily be some form of trunk as anything else. If they make this genuinely lovecraftian and we see some sort of horrifying squid/mantis/arachnid hybrid thing, I'm all for that. So long as it looks like it would be vicious instead of a mess.

With that said, I believe the 'arm' would've looked better (and also more iconic) if it had a biomechanical aesthetic, instead of looking like smooth flesh. Think Sil's long segmented hair, from 'Species'. Something which looks like it could withstand a blade cutting it in half. Then again, maybe it's still relatively young and comes to be exoskeletal.

I was tempted to request ti at the start of this, but the subject title's got a spoiler notice in it, so... I'm thinking not.
Exactly.

Why so much hate? You guys have seen only a small part of the body of the creature and are assuming it to be an Mollusc.It don't make sense, it's paranoid delusion  :-X

The movie looks fine and i even venture to say that we can trust Ridley Scott this time.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2012, 07:52:35 PM
What interview?
Are u a famous person?
Around here she is. ;) :P
Allright cool :p
You female?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Are u a famous person?

I don't know. I think "Infamous" fits better.  :D I kid. I kid...

Quote from: Infected on May 20, 2012, 07:55:13 PM
You female?

"It doesn't matter when it's Arcturian, baby!"

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Infected on May 20, 2012, 07:55:13 PM
You female?
Fo sho bra, we be femalez up in hee-yuh! :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

http://i.imgur.com/28NCv.gif
That may be dumb of me, but I just noticed the tentacle guy is actually attacking the humanoid thing. VERY cool.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I know it's just tentacle, and like Xenomorphine said, they could be attached to any number of cool creature designs that exists just out of frame. But I'm not wowed, or left wondering about the function of the elements on display.

Looks like a regular At the Mountains of Madness throw down behind Shaw there.

This is the first piece of Prometheus I feel I wished I hadn't seen.  :-\

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 20, 2012, 08:04:57 PM
I know it's just tentacle, and like Xenomorphine said, they could be attached to any number of cool creature designs that exists just out of frame. But I'm not wowed, or left wondering about the function of the elements on display.

Looks like a regular At the Mountains of Madness throw down behind Shaw there.

This is the first piece of Prometheus I feel I wished I hadn't seen.  :-\
The downturn in your hype has begun.

Infected

Infected

Nice,never encountered any alien female fanatics :)

@OpenMaw,i hope they arent mistaken for a man in real life.  :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2012, 08:06:07 PM
Why should it do that?
That's actually something that increased my hype, which dropped spectacularly in the last months.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 20, 2012, 08:04:06 PM
That may be dumb of me, but I just noticed the tentacle guy is actually attacking the humanoid thing. VERY cool.

Comparing the size of Shaw's head to it's head, it doesn't look that small. It is lower to the ground and covered in Hentai, though. That'll make even Batman look "small."

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2012, 08:06:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaA2eKABuEE#

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed