First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 47,100 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Eva on May 14, 2012, 08:37:09 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 08:28:15 PM
If there was no Prometheus, we might be watching AvP3 soon in IMAX 3D.

The Asylum already made that film - they just called it Alien VS Hunter  ;)

In 3 weeks, Cvalda and Vickers will be wielding steaming sexy Logan Marshall-Green sigs and avatars - I'm calling it now  ;D

Shaw: There is room on the life boat for two - stay with me Holloway!
Holloway: No, you go and live your life Shaw. I must stay and fight off the xenos and SJs to guarantee you are safe.
<que emotional take-off flight where Shaw drops a priceless Alien gem from the open hatch, and then later in space goes into Hypersleep saying I will never forget you>

Predaker

Predaker

Scene 1
Ridley: "Okay logan, notch up the douche a bit."

Scene 2
Ridley: "Now scream and die a horrible death for us, Logan."

Scene 3
Ridley: "That was terrific!"

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 08:49:34 PM
Scene 1

Scene 2
Ridley: "Now scream and die a horrible death for us, Logan."

Scene 3

:laugh:

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 08:49:34 PM
Scene 1

Scene 2
Ridley: "Now scream and die a horrible death for us, Logan." "That's good, scream more like a sissy girl for us."

Scene 3
Added some.

Leo di Caprio = Holloway.
Both were big douches who we learn to like and in the end, cry when he dies. I don't know - maybe the opposite will happen and Ridley just wants to rip on Cameron's cheap theatrics.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 08:52:10 PM
Both were big douches who we learn to like and in the end, cry when he dies. I don't know - maybe the opposite will happen and Ridley just wants to rip on Cameron's cheap theatrics.
Being boyish and enthusiastic isn't the same as being a smarmy douche.

KidneyScott

I've just been to the preview screening in Kuala Lumpur.  Allow me to answer your questions - this is not the full clip.

Quote from: FUBAR1945 on May 14, 2012, 04:26:42 PM
I was about to ask that, "How long will be this movie". Great more than 120 min  ;D

124 minutes.  123.57 if you discount the Brandywine logos.

Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 05:47:50 PM
He doesn't say 3 in the countdown. How is this supposed to be better than AVP?

The "3" has been cut out of this clip.  In the actual film, when Janek says "3" the camera cuts to a predalien looking up at the ship and shielding his eyes from the sun.  Obviously, this is one of the movies major reveals.

Quote from: Alexx on May 14, 2012, 04:32:55 PM
Notice the captain has no hat at first than he does..then he does not...

There is a caphugger onboard Prometheus.  This is the "last 8 minute" link to Alien.  Vickers uses the medpod to remove a straw boater that is growing inside her.

Godspeed,
Kidney

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 08:55:16 PM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 08:52:10 PM
After seeing the movie you'd say that now. But you haven't seen Prometheus yet.

That and a lot of people did think Leo was a big douche in Titanic, even after watching the film.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 08:55:16 PM
Oh, Cvalda...
Spoiler
It could be worse...  :P

Spoiler
...a lot worse...  :laugh:
[close]
[close]

Kess

Kess

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 14, 2012, 06:44:13 PM
The clip makes it seem like they fly down into the atmosphere and then visually look for a place to land...

I suspect they were homing in on some kind of beacon.  It would be ridiculous if the story had them flying around randomly and just happening to stumble across the temple complex.

By the way, I would love to see more shots of the markings on the ground.  Reminded me of the Nazca lines.

Vickers

Vickers

I didn't mind Leonardo DiCaprio's character in Titanic at all, right from the start.  And, to be honest, I see nothing of Holloway in Jack.  Yes, this is based only on character bios in articles and interviews and the various footage released but it's enough to form an opinion on him.

Anyway, to each his/her own.

At least there are other characters I look forward to seeing. 8)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Any one here a guy think Leo was kind of douchey? I know it's been a long time and he had made a lot of other good films since then - but can we try to go back and remember all the jokes and comments about him?

szkoki

szkoki

all i can say its : "Benedict Wong and Idris Elba" ^^

RustiSwordz

The editing for that clip was... Poor. Jarring, disjointed i actually thought the clip stream was buffering! I hope the rest of the film isn't edited like this. Normally Scotts movies are brilliantly edited. This clip wasn't. I hope this clip was just an abbreviated version.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: RustiSwordz on May 14, 2012, 10:18:35 PM
The editing for that clip was... Poor. Jarring, disjointed i actually thought the clip stream was buffering! I hope the rest of the film isn't edited like this. Normally Scotts movies are brilliantly edited. This clip wasn't. I hope this clip was just an abbreviated version.

It really looks like they told a trailer crew to edit down the entire landing sequence to about a minute.

RustiSwordz

Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 10:23:33 PM
Quote from: RustiSwordz on May 14, 2012, 10:18:35 PM

It really looks like they told a trailer crew to edit down the entire landing sequence to about a minute.

Exactly. Agreed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed