First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 46,734 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Symn on May 14, 2012, 06:45:34 PM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 06:40:27 PM
Time to take out the emergency tissues and call the Wahh-bulance.

As for the acting - I think most people would agree that it is top notch. I mean he's landing a ship, not overcoming a lisp to give a speech to inspire and instill hope in his countrymen.

I don't care what most people think. And I didn't say he should say it more 'epic' , as you are describing.

If Holloway comes off as a cocky arrogant know-it-all little bitch - he is probably doing a good job. I think he knows he plays the hot shot every guy is going to hate. In person I imagine he is a pretty down to Earth and low key kind of guy. Or maybe not - either way he is fulfilling his role in the movie fairly well.

Symn

Symn

Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 06:57:00 PM

As for the acting - I think most people would agree that it is top notch. I mean he's landing a ship, not overcoming a lisp to give a speech to inspire and instill hope in his countrymen.

I don't care what most people think. And I didn't say he should say it more 'epic' , as you are describing.

If Holloway comes off as a cocky arrogant know-it-all little bitch - he is probably doing a good job. I think he knows he plays the hot shot every guy is going to hate. In person I imagine he is a pretty down to Earth and low key kind of guy. Or maybe not - either way he is fulfilling his role in the movie fairly well.

Well if he is fulfilling Ridley's vision of him then yeah, he is a good actor. But then I don't like Ridley's vidion I guess :P

ThisBethesdaSea

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on May 14, 2012, 06:55:37 PM
You can't fool me... I knooow you secret desires, even if you don't realize them yourself  :P ;)
Aw haaaaiiillll naw. :laugh: Truth be told, I think less of Shaw as a character now, considering she's dating a first-rate douchebag. :P Can you imagine Ripley getting hit on by a guy like that? He'd get sent down in flames.

Not that I'm comparing her to Ripley or anything, etc, etc ::) :P

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Symn on May 14, 2012, 06:59:19 PM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 06:57:00 PM

Well if he is fulfilling Ridley's vision of him then yeah, he is a good actor. But then I don't like Ridley's vidion I guess :P

I would too - unless he dies a terrible and painful death after being dumped by Shaw.   :laugh:

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Ripley would at least sleep with him before she kicks his ass ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 14, 2012, 07:02:56 PM
Ripley would at least sleep with them before she kicks his ass ;)
No way. You're confusing Ripley with yourself ;D

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 07:01:57 PM
Quote from: Eva on May 14, 2012, 06:55:37 PM
You can't fool me... I knooow you secret desires, even if you don't realize them yourself  :P ;)
Aw haaaaiiillll naw. :laugh: Truth be told, I think less of Shaw as a character now, considering she's dating a first-rate douchebag. :P Can you imagine Ripley getting hit on by a guy like that? He'd get sent down in flames.
Spoiler
Case closed  ;D

Naah, Johner was actually one of the highlights of AR, I'll give you that.  ;)
[close]

Predaker

Predaker

Yes if Ridley had a vision for him to be obtuse, he nailed it. ;)

Lol all fun and games :D

Will we see Holloway secretly hitting on Vickers? He did ask about her hidden agendas...

Ooze on First

I agree with the general sentiment that this scene is cut down in a significant manner.

I expect the actual landing sequence to be at least 3x longer...hopefully with more of those awesome long distance shots of the ship flying past the clouds/scenery.

shadowedge

What we did see was AWESOME!

Ballzanya

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 06:24:26 PM
Spoiler
LMG: "There... right there... God does not build in straight lines."
[close]

What is that supposed to mean?

The score from the frankenstein clip sounds a bit like the music Cvalda posted from that wolf movie.
lol. He means nature doesn't make things that way, as in they are not naturally occurring so therefore it indicates a structure of extraterrestrial origin. Although it is curious that in an interview he describes his character as the "skeptic" whereas his love interest Shaw, is about faith. Strange that his character would use "god" as a metaphor but its no big deal because you know what he means.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 06:24:26 PM
Spoiler
LMG: "There... right there... God does not build in straight lines."
[close]

What is that supposed to mean?

The score from the frankenstein clip sounds a bit like the music Cvalda posted from that wolf movie.

Further to Cvalda and Ballzanya's correct explanations...what Holloway is basically saying is that objects, structures, formations that occur from Natural processes, due not feature rectilinear geometry.  That is, no straight lines, no right angles.  The implication being, that anything featuring such attributes is a hallmark of a planned, intelligent design process.

On a different note...

Quote from: Deuterium on May 14, 2012, 04:18:13 PM
Also, I am curious about the need for the pressure suits/helmets?   The atmospheric gas ratios are basically Earth-like, with nice proportion of Nitrogen to Oxygen (21% O2).  However, they didn't explain the total or partial pressures, so I guess that while the ratios may be good, the density may be too low.  Of course, the other possibility is that perhaps they determine the atmosphere is breathable, but are concerned about biologicals.  In any event, we see know Holloway removes his helmet at one point, once inside a temple.

I just watched the "clip" again, and I hear the atmospheric assay being read off as "71% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, and trace amounts of Argon".  Assuming that there wasn't a cut/edit in this dialogue, the remaining percentage (after N2 and O2) is 8%, which isn't a "trace" amount of anything.  It is a huge amount.  I wonder if they screwed up on their math?

Now, I suppose that Benedict Wong's character may be self-editing, and is not reading off a major portion of that remaining 8%.  It is possible that there is a very high percentage of water vapor (even though their particular landing site seems to imply a very dry/arid location...but that may be unique to the temple site location).  In the teasers and trailers, we do see huge cloud formations, so this most likely is water vapor.  If the clouds were Carbon Dioxide, or methane, ammonia (or some other hydrocarbon) then this would imply a much higher atmopheric concentration then what the assay describes.  In other words, I couldn't imagine Benedict Wong's character deliberately ommiting it from his verbal assay.

Also, we also see contrail formation of the Pormetheus (during a long distance perspective shot), which implies condensation of atmospheric water vapor.

Perhaps most interesting, is the 21% oxygen percentage.  It appears the moon has a substantial atmosphere, and therefore the overall densities imply a significant density of oxygen.  The only known scientific explanation for such a high atmopheric density of oxygen is the presence of Life. 

Predaker

Predaker

Planned and intelligent design process, eh?

Why didn't he say nature does not build straight lines? He said God.  :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Predaker on May 14, 2012, 08:08:22 PM
Planned and intelligent design process, eh?

Why didn't he say nature does not build straight lines? He said God.  :P
To quote Ripley: "It's a metaphor."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed