New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 140,971 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

It doesn't destroy it for me. A L I E N is still an incredibly powerful film.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 11:56:30 PMIt was rumored that Davids head is knocked off in a faceoff with the engineer (mirroring Ash in Alien somewhat)

That would be quite an awesome thing. I choose to believe it.

Esoteric_Voyage

Esoteric_Voyage

i hope not, i like david, so far he is my favourite character, followed by Shaw and Vickers.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

If David is superior in strength to the humans, then he might pose an initial physical threat to the Jockey....should be interesting to see how they go at it.

Ulfer

Ulfer

QuoteIt doesn't destroy it for me

+1. What's more, it seems a bit logical that the SJ had a suit given the situation (no airlock on the ship (?), dangerous cargo - even though the suit didn't prove useful...).
I understand the reaction about the less alienness. But it doesn't ruin the SJ for me, all the countrary. That the SJ may be more humanoid is even better (they look like us, we could become like them, and some in the Company are ready to use the Xenomorphs as they seem to use them). It doesn't reduce the alienness of the ship (even the one more realistic from Prometheus as we see it in the trailers) and the awe about what these creatures can do, creatures that remain impressing nonetheless, more physically impressing than us (but we humans are able to do horrible things too).

RE: Item at the top of the ramp leading upto the Orrery/Chair platform (circled in red above by NGR01)

--> Its Elizabeth Shaw's gold Space Handbag.

I'm guessing that means that its Shaw lying unconscious behind the Jockey Chair?

Ulfer

Ulfer

QuoteI'm guessing that means that its Shaw lying unconscious behind the Jockey Chair?

It would complicate what we can deduce from the trailers about the story... It seems to me that the Engineer arrives, activate the Chair, then prepare the Juggernaut to take off. I doubt Shaw has the power of bilocation, so she can't be inside the ship and outside at the same moment. David has more chances (not the appropriate word, actually) to lie unconscious there when the ship flies off...
It's going to be interesting to watch this movie, in terms of scenario. I mean for the analysis of the scenario, which seems quite ambitious and simple at the same time, I'm looking forward to seing how they managed to match all these elements.

Eva

Eva

^ interesting - that could be it, although that looks like a pic from the set, taken during the takes, but I dunno...  :)

It doesn't look like a head to me - it's too large and the shape is off...

The person on the floor seems to have an exposed arm/ripped suit. Shaws suit is intact when she's seen running outside and I presume that takes place after the events inside the Juggernaut...

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 11:56:30 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 11:39:55 PM
EVA? ;)

What... what...!? I said I was out (as long as it comes down to a jockey size disussion for the 274th time)  :D

(I am, however, intrigued by the thing inside the red circle...)

It was rumored that Davids head is knocked off in a faceoff with the engineer (mirroring Ash in Alien somewhat), but I don't really think much of this rumor at this time... What do YOU think it could be?  ;)

SIZE DOES MATTER! DOESN'T IT? ;)

Yep i've heard that rumor.
For me the red circle is DAVID's famous bag (or Shaw's ^^!)
So he's here in that scene.
If the rumor is correct then he is the body (but frankly i'm not sure i see that body) and my take is that this scene takes place in the middle of the movie (based on what Connor O'sullivan prosthetic supervisor said that when the human meet the living Engineer).
The 3rd act then would see the birth of the human Engineer.
I know i know you don't agree on the human Engineer ;)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The Human-to-Engineer theory is a sound an idea as anything else....and I like it. The enemy within, the enemy we become.

NGR01

NGR01

ThisBethesdaSea,what do you think of this?
Do you think it works? I mean both shots are really really close and David doesnt seem smaller than the supposed Engineer.

Or the human sized hands that grab Shaw or the human sized legs wearing Engineer suit that we see in the confrontation shown at the end of the first full trailer?
Any theory?

:)

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 11:56:30 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 11:39:55 PM
EVA? ;)

What... what...!? I said I was out (as long as it comes down to a jockey size disussion for the 274th time)  :D

(I am, however, intrigued by the thing inside the red circle...)

It was rumored that Davids head is knocked off in a faceoff with the engineer (mirroring Ash in Alien somewhat), but I don't really think much of this rumor at this time... What do YOU think it could be?  ;)

Over at the other Prometheus forum they have a leaked call sheet that describes the scene and what happens.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 12:24:30 AM
SIZE DOES MATTER! DOESN'T IT? ;)
As a female adressing a male, I'm not even going to go there...  :D

QuoteYep i've heard that rumor.
For me the red circle is DAVID's famous bag not Shaw's ^^
So he's here in that scene.
If the rumor is correct then he is the body (but frankly i'm not sure i see that body) and my take is that this scene takes place in the middle of the movie (based on what Connor O'sullivan prosthetic supervisor said that when the human meet the living Engineer).
The 3rd act then would see the birth of the human Engineer.
I know i know you don't agree on the human Engineer ;)

Sure, could be Davids bag... and yes, with regards to the notion of a human engineer (which to me completely defuses the underlying plot with humans facing their gods/makers) - well, let's just look at the last time a somewhat 'similar' humanized hybrid concept was used
Spoiler

I tease ;)
[close]

Goodnight - it's way past my bedtime

NGR01

NGR01

Sleep tight :)

BTW something wrong with leaked call sheet.
It says "The Engineer puts on his flight suit and gets into the pilot chair."
But the flight suit "morphs" on him when he sits on the chair, he clearly wearing the undersuit when he watches the chair rises not the full suit...
Mhhhhhhh i really wonder if that call sheet is real...

fiveways

fiveways

wouldn't it be funny if they give a completely legit reason in the film as to why the jockeys are different sizes?

because I honestly think they will. 

If they don't....Well, who f**king cares?  It sure won't ruin my the movie or my life.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed