Do you think CM will explain how the Egg got on the Sulaco?

Started by Vepariga, Apr 14, 2012, 02:27:00 AM

Author
Do you think CM will explain how the Egg got on the Sulaco? (Read 52,855 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 06, 2013, 01:48:06 AM
Fun fact: the novelization of 'Alien3' outright says the Queen did it.

Alan Dean Foster tried make much more sense out of the script he was given to base the Alien3 novelization from.  He even went so far as to rewrite a version of the story that had Newt survive yet remain uninvolved in the storyline.  Here's a tidbit of extra information of the subject from an interview that Foster did with this website some years ago.

"So many things did not make sense, from character motivation to the science. For example, two characters trying to find still functioning batteries from a pile of same...as if D-cells will still be power sources three hundred years from now. And the killing of the little girl, Newt, was as big an obscenity as anything I've encountered in modern film. It also destroys Ripley's motivation for wanting to stay alive. Shaving Ripley's head...one more visual excuse for scriptorial ineptness. If you can't write plot and character, try to dazzle 'em with smoke and mirrors. My initial version included such things as histories and motivations for many of the convicts; why they had been sentenced to such a world, etc. I also invented a way to rationalize Newt's not dying but also not participating in the story. The producers forced Warner and I to remove all of it, and more. Following the screenplay exactly 'would make a better book', as I recall the wording."

For the record, I'd love to get a copy of the material he wrote into the story that was subsequently dropped at the "request" of Fox.  I think he is a great writer and could've very well made a better film out of Alien3 if he was given a chance to be directly involved with the script.

Xenomrph

QuoteFor example, two characters trying to find still functioning batteries from a pile of same...as if D-cells will still be power sources three hundred years from now.
To be fair they used 3.5" floppy disks in 'Aliens'. An anachronism? Sure, but one that's really easy to overlook. Maybe they're high-tech power cells that look like D-cell batteries, or maybe the use of D batteries was an intentional choice by the filmmakers to show how run-down and underequipped Fury 161 was.

Jango1201

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 06, 2013, 05:11:34 AM
QuoteFor example, two characters trying to find still functioning batteries from a pile of same...as if D-cells will still be power sources three hundred years from now.
To be fair they used 3.5" floppy disks in 'Aliens'. An anachronism? Sure, but one that's really easy to overlook. Maybe they're high-tech power cells that look like D-cell batteries, or maybe the use of D batteries was an intentional choice by the filmmakers to show how run-down and underequipped Fury 161 was.

That's what I used to think. Surely in a universe where we can travel light years through space we would have better power sources. 161 was run down and forgotten and was given the bare minimum in expenses to survive.

diao

I dont think the queen could of laid any eggs on the sulaco. Did she not rip her embryo sack off while pursuing ripley through the atmosphere reactor? Don't remember seeing one while fighting on board the sulaco

szkoki

guys just use the magic word as usual if u dont understand something in any alien related product after alien-aliens:

Spoiler
CANON

Spoiler
-.-"""""
[close]
[close]

Local Trouble

I'd rather see SM explain how the Egg got on the Sulaco.

Cal427eb

Quote from: RaisingCane on Jan 15, 2013, 09:54:30 PM
I'd rather see SM explain how the Egg got on the Sulaco.
I'm pretty sure he already has countless times on this forum.

SM

Queen left it there.

Local Trouble

Needs more Gearbox logic.

SM

Radiation from the AP detonation - being directed upwards in a straight line and not affecting anything around it whatsoever - infiltrated the landing gear well where the Queen was hiding and altered her DNA.  The radiation was still doing its work after the dropship docked and made the Queen bleed (had she lived longer she would've become a Boiler) - this acid corroded through the deck just before Bishop is ripped apart.  The acid radiationally mutated into the egg we see at the start of Alien3 below the deck.

The radiation also leeched from the Queen into Bishop enabling his legs to stop themselves being sucked out into space.

Local Trouble

Falk

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2013, 10:12:47 PM
Radiation from the AP detonation - being directed upwards in a straight line and not affecting anything around it whatsoever - infiltrated the landing gear well where the Queen was hiding and altered her DNA.  The radiation was still doing its work after the dropship docked and made the Queen bleed (had she lived longer she would've become a Boiler) - this acid corroded through the deck just before Bishop is ripped apart.  The acid radiationally mutated into the egg we see at the start of Alien3 below the deck.

The radiation also leeched from the Queen into Bishop enabling his legs to stop themselves being sucked out into space.

Best explaination ever. All plot holes filled with one nice simple theory, fitting with Occam's razor. Bravo.  :D

ShadowPred

Omg, you just delayed the game again...now they have to go back and re-write everything.

Cal427eb

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 16, 2013, 04:54:47 AM

Omg, you just delayed the game again...now they have to go back and re-write everything.
noooooooo! But I waited for so long!

Vermillion

Hi.  My name is Bishop. Where shall I place this egg I picked up prior to come "up" to pick up Ripley on the platform.

Lol the queen did not have it with her.

Stop this uber crap.

Platform unstable line. Looked pretty stable when lots of debris fell on it!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed