The Official PROMETHEUS Griping Thread!

Started by Cvalda, Mar 19, 2012, 09:13:18 PM

Author
The Official PROMETHEUS Griping Thread! (Read 70,170 times)

NGR01

It's a human/artificial that is piloting the Juggernaut.
Hence why he could not know all the commands and conter mesures to avoid a collision.
;)

Kev Loaf

Would be a kick in the bollocks if the real engineers only appeared as holograms and the one we see is a human in an enginner outfit or mutated to look like one. Would make me sad.

NGR01

We will see a real Engineer at the beginning of time scenes.
Then it will be those holograms showing the disaster that happened in the Engineer's waystation.
Then the encounter with the Engineer survivor of the disaster.
Stuff will happen and we will end up with the tiny Engineer aka David or Peter Weyland ;)
Thats how i see it but i might be wrong.
:)

Space Sweeper

You guys assume that the Engineers aren't the humanoids we've seen so far? Don't set yourselves up for disappointment.

NGR01

Is this for me?
Or for those hoping for a higher race above the Engineers?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'll have a go:
Prometheus seemingly wants to tell us the polar opposite of what Alien tried to tell us.

Kol

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 01, 2012, 11:41:35 AM
I'll have a go:
Prometheus seemingly wants to tell us the polar opposite of what Alien tried to tell us.

they're telling both the same: we... are not alone.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Nope.

Alien, showing us space truckers discovering an unknown alien spacecraft (let's remember it was an alien spacecraft back in '79) in some small planetoid in the ass-end of the universe (catch the reference!), wanted to tell us that the universe is unbelievably vast, how small we are compared to it and made us wonder what otherwordly horrors may lurk in the shadows of other systems and galaxies.
Prometheus seems to take this idea and completely turn the tables -- showing us the crew of the Prometheus ship bringing back what seems to be the head of an extraterrestrial thing, with all-but humanoid traits and proportions, and showing us said head exploding in a spray of green goo, revealing a perfectly humanoid head, wants to tell us the opposite: the universe is small, and in the ass-end of the universe the crew of the Prometheus does not meet something humanity has no link with -- something alien -- but something that seems to be deeply linked to us (quite obviously) and may even be our 'creators'.
Long story short, for what we know so far (we don't know if the actual film will be exactly like the trailers are showing it -- I'm working with the data supplied so far), the two films seem to have polar-opposite philosophies.

Truise

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 01, 2012, 04:24:02 PM
Nope.

Alien, showing us space truckers discovering an unknown alien spacecraft (let's remember it was an alien spacecraft back in '79) in some small planetoid in the ass-end of the universe (catch the reference!), wanted to tell us that the universe is unbelievably vast, how small we are compared to it and made us wonder what otherwordly horrors may lurk in the shadows of other systems and galaxies.
Prometheus seems to take this idea and completely turn the tables -- showing us the crew of the Prometheus ship bringing back what seems to be the head of an extraterrestrial thing, with all-but humanoid traits and proportions, and showing us said head exploding in a spray of green goo, revealing a perfectly humanoid head, wants to tell us the opposite: the universe is small, and in the ass-end of the universe the crew of the Prometheus does not meet something humanity has no link with -- something alien -- but something that seems to be deeply linked to us (quite obviously) and may even be our 'creators'.
Long story short, for what we know so far (we don't know if the actual film will be exactly like the trailers are showing it -- I'm working with the data supplied so far), the two films seem to have polar-opposite philosophies.

I agree.

Cvalda

Wow...

How did all of this go so wrong? Reading the plot, it's obvious how Jon Spaihts' original script ran, and it's obvious how Lindelof changed it--completely f**king pointlessly.

Spoiler
Oh, LOLz, Derelict crash but now its not the same derelict.
Oh, LOLz, Jockeyburster but now its not the same jockey.
[close]

Not that I wanted to necessarily see those things in the first place, but what is the point? Why does this film even exist if it doesn't even bother to answer the "questions" Scott had since ALIEN? Absolute travesty.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 04:08:06 PM
Wow...

How did all of this go so wrong? Reading the plot, it's obvious how Jon Spaihts' original script ran, and it's obvious how Lindelof changed it--completely f**king pointlessly.

Spoiler
Oh, LOLz, Derelict crash but now its not the same derelict.
Oh, LOLz, Jockeyburster but now its not the same jockey.
[close]

Not that I wanted to necessarily see those things in the first place, but what is the point? Why does this film even exist if it doesn't even bother to answer the "questions" Scott had since ALIEN? Absolute travesty.

Spoiler
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnmCu3U09w#
Open First spoiler at 27 sec and second one at 45sec
Spoiler

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Spoiler

The possibility to make more sequel and so more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
[close]
[close]
[close]

RagingDragon

Good morning Cvalda.  Riddle me something ( :laugh:! that's our new pun-of-choice, okay?)

Spoiler

Is that one of the big sources of contention that I'm missing here, that the 'derelict' and 'jockey' end up much in the same fashion as the Acheron ones, but they are, in fact, totally different?

If that's the case, it does ramp up the lame factor a bit.
[close]

Cvalda

Yeah. It's completely stupid and pointless and nothing but cynical fan bait

Lindelof kept saying "Oh, I approached this as an ALIEN fanboy!"--meaning he's a moron who should never have gone near this script in the first place. ::)

NGR01

Yep!

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 04:17:02 PM
Yeah. It's completely stupid and pointless and nothing but cynical fan bait

Lindelof kept saying "Oh, I approached this as an ALIEN fanboy!"--meaning he's a moron who should never have gone near this script in the first place. ::)

It's a solid scifi movie you're just butthurt ;)

hfeldhaus

An I the only one here who thinks 2001 is vastly over rated? I'm not baiting an argument here but that film is obtuse for the sake of being obtuse

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed