SPOILERISH THREAD EVER!!! Do not read post 1!

Started by NGR01, Mar 19, 2012, 02:16:33 PM

Author
SPOILERISH THREAD EVER!!! Do not read post 1! (Read 75,805 times)

Kol

Quote from: Mastes1 on Mar 19, 2012, 05:41:40 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 19, 2012, 05:15:22 PM
I think that's a part of a dream sequence I'm betting. ;)
I hope the film doesn't go all weird and '2001' like if you know what i mean. I'm already getting bad vibes from the way David is acting in the trailers, dancing around in the star map and his weird grin when looking at the urn. His "How far would you go to find out the truth' or whatever he says is a bit philosophical for my liking.

your pointing some of the best parts of the trailer as bad? hmm, ok.

i hope this movie goes all weird like 2001.
i would wish scott even to surpass kubrick. in style their equal, but in quality. wait and see.

8thPassenger

Quote from: Kol on Mar 19, 2012, 05:48:07 PM
I hope the film doesn't go all weird and '2001' like if you know what i mean. I'm already getting bad vibes from the way David is acting in the trailers, dancing around in the star map and his weird grin when looking at the urn. His "How far would you go to find out the truth' or whatever he says is a bit philosophical for my liking.

i would wish scott even to surpass kubrick. in style their equal, but in quality. wait and see.

I really wouldn't mind if this movie had a slight David Lynch vibe. Slight.

Mastes1

Quote from: Kol on Mar 19, 2012, 05:48:07 PM

I can't stand 2001, amazing looking but hard to sit through and the film doesn't make sense, even Arthur C Clark said that which is why he had to write the novel. Anyway i don't mind a bit of 'deepness' to the film but i don't want it to look like Terence Mallick directed the film.

marsekay

The "burst" sarcophagus idea makes sense, remember that part in the leaked trailer of a burster looking thing bursting out of something that didn't appear in Any realeased trailer so far, so its probably the sarcophagus.
There's a gif of it about somewhere.

Eva

Quote from: 8thPassenger on Mar 19, 2012, 05:52:18 PM

Nah, too much lol  ;)

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Mar 19, 2012, 06:45:48 PM
Quote from: 8thPassenger on Mar 19, 2012, 05:52:18 PM

http://oi44.tinypic.com/4zyr1y.jpg

Nah, too much lol  ;)
"Don't you f**kin' look at me!"

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Fear. Elizabeth must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. She will face her fear. She will permit it to pass over her and through her.

Eva

Lol  :laugh:

PS: Glad I resisted the idea of adding the elephant man to the jockey chair. Valaquen would have had me for breakfast:
"Oh Eva, you got that all wrong, sigh... John Merrick had a skin condition, you see, and the inside of the jockey suit was coated with a substance HR Giger invented in the summer of 1976 that would obviously not do with his sensitive condition tsk tsk.. Think girl, think...!"  ;) 

NGR01

So DAVID or WEYLAND?

What about the sarcophagus being chestbustered?

The Extinction of the Engineer race?

The Derelict from ALIEN?

OpenMaw

The answers are pretty much "We don't know and have no way to know." and "No. Hell no. Not even, sir."

NGR01

Ok you gave your opinion.
Guess we won't be seeing you in the forum anymore then ;)
I hope some would like to discuss more and gave their opinions beyond "we don't know".

SiUttley

If the Sarcophogi are already ruptured that would suggest that some form of chest-burster has already wiped out at least some of the Derelict's original crew. That would jive with the Alien glimpsed in the mural. Both are strong hints of a version of the creature that exists already and I guess would already have some importance. To someone. I guess the bio-mechanised killers mentioned in the synopsis. But are these the Jockeys, engineers or something else?

Or, is the big blue guy one of our crew infected with that nano-bio-tech goop that David is looking at.

Is the mural part of the Derelict, or the Temple?

NGR01

I think that those already released xenos are the cause of the extinction.
Like i said the pile of bodies in the tunnel makes me feel like a catclysmic event led to the situation.
Again shades of the abandonned concepts of the original ALIEN.
In ALIEN it was the xeno race that became extinct.
Scoot used the same idea applied to the ENGINEERS.

The xeno like murals are really in good shapes.
That would suggest that they are inside the ship.
All the tunnels leading to the ship seem really in bad shape.

OpenMaw

Quote from: NGR01 on Mar 19, 2012, 09:20:40 PM
Ok you gave your opinion.
Guess we won't be seeing you in the forum anymore then ;)
I hope some would like to discuss more and gave their opinions beyond "we don't know".

I think it's silly to keep repeating nearly the same questions over and over again when we have no real way to answer them. So theories are nice, sure, but at some point ya gotta pull back and realize ...We. Don't. Know. Especially when it comes to the really outlandish ideas which have no real supporting evidence. Like Weyland mutating into a space jockey and being condemned to the chair or something. It's an out there, bizarre idea that might be true. Maybe? But we haven't really seen evidence of it. You see? :)

And i'll continue to add my 2 cents as I feel, thank you very much. Just because I happen to feel that some of the questions are, at this time, all but impossible to answer because we have very few actual solid facts to go by, doesn't mean i'm going to leave so you can freely spew the same paragraphs of questions over and over without anyone saying "Nah, I don't think those questions can even remotely be answered yet."  ;)

NGR01

Well you contradict yourself in your two paragraphs.
"We know nothing so no point discussing but i will discuss anyway to say that you know nothing".
Whatever floats your boat i'm cool ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed