New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 97,793 times)

dryheat

Did you notice that person running and was semi-invisible? Reminded me of the cloaking device from Predator.........

Firestorm

I think that may have been something picked up on a sonar image scan from one of the Red Orb things?

RoaryUK

The Q&A session appears to be over, and I'm reading the trailer has already beeen shown TWICE, can anyone confirm this or has any pics, it's still another 90 minutes before the online release??

Bat Chain Puller

Sorry wrong thread. It's like a shell game in here lately!

Yeah the trailer was shown twice at the Q@A

bioweapon

Quote from: ripp3r on Mar 17, 2012, 08:41:01 PM
Longtime lurker - finally a contributor.  I've taken a look at this most recent release using Quicktime, using it  use the arrow keys to frame-by-frame through it.  Here's some stuff i haven't seen others mention yet:

The guy who becomes the mutant?

New users of the flamethrower

The tendril seems to be a central theme to the movie, and in this scene it is receding into the arm, with what looks like the recipient covering it up or clasping himself:

Again, this appears to be an infection of a tendril of some kind.  It appears as a hair sticking out and wagging from the eye of this man, before receding and turning into a bloodshot vein in his eye:

It was mentioned in the past that a character might give birth.  Here you can see what look like a pair of knees in a birthing position:

This character appears to be waving a white flag, requesting not to be harmed:

Here you can see what appears to be the hand of the engineer, as he approaches one of the characters who is frozen, potentiall in terror.  At the same time, the man on the side is firing at the engineer:

And I found this last one interesting - a Heads Up Display from David:

Now let me flash you back to December, when the preview was released with the P R O M E T H E U S lettering appearing.  This is something I thought I noticed but found it too odd to bring up.  After having seen the eyeball tendril int his most recent trailer I think I may not be crazy after all.  What you'll see is a sliver of a tendril wagging out from her shoulder, just above the 'h' of prometheus in the final screencap, as she unzips her suit:

I think that between the 3 tendril scenes, we can confirm that some sort of symbiote/parasite/infection is occurring and is affecting many members of the crew.

I have also started to wonder if there are 2 alien species being dealt with; the engineers (pale-blue figures) and the space jockeys.  Perhaps a war between the two occurred or is occurring and we have found ourselves in the middle?  Not sure how the tendrils fit in though, unless they serve as a weapon used from one against the other.

fine thoughts. for the birht scene.. did you hear a babry cryng at exact the 45 sec?? and is the same still of the looking knees

Arcyarc

Lovely view of the "temple" structure that the crew heads out to in the rovers from previous trailers here...

x-M-x

lol that isn't 1080p, thats just up-scaled....

MrSpaceJockey

And the second time it's been posted here...

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: bioweapon on Mar 17, 2012, 09:37:32 PM
did you hear a babry cryng at exact the 45 sec?? and is the same still of the looking knees

Not a baby crying at 45 sec. (I here a baby crying every night and speak from experience) But it's definitely human vocals in agony mode. Might even be stock. Sounds familiar to me. Might be from the original Alien. Pitched John Hurt from the chestburster scene is my 1st thought.

hardcorps54

Quote from: Black on Mar 17, 2012, 09:27:37 PM
I think that may have been something picked up on a sonar image scan from one of the Red Orb things?

thats what i thought

Michael Harper

I don't know if this has been brought up, but I just watched the IMAX trailer in 720p on the PS3, and the shot towards the end of Shaw on the bed thing, when it's close up on her face there appears to be what I can only describe as the digits of a Facehugger, and the tail, attempting (very fast) to get at her face. Sorry if this has been brought up already.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 17, 2012, 09:43:43 PM
lol that isn't 1080p, thats just up-scaled....

Agreed, no where near 1080p, its the same 720p video myself and several others posted on YouTube... still good though!

EEV-2501

The new Abraham Lincoln Trailer is already online. So the Prometheus one will be online not long after the panel.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 17, 2012, 09:45:03 PM
Quote from: bioweapon on Mar 17, 2012, 09:37:32 PM
did you hear a babry cryng at exact the 45 sec?? and is the same still of the looking knees

Not a baby crying at 45 sec. (I here a baby crying every night and speak from experience) But it's definitely human vocals in agony mode. Might even be stock. Sounds familiar to me. Might be from the original Alien. Pitched John Hurt from the chestburster scene is my 1st thought.

I can definitely hear what you mean Bat Chain. Looking over the chestbursting scene, a lot of Hurt's gargles sound like it, and maybe, like you said, an edited version of his scream before the first blood spurt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed