Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 96,356 times)

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

yoü see that the legs of the man throwing the other one are much thinner at the bottom, but the one of the jockes are much smoother. there aren't any edges or shark narrowings at the ankles.

ThisBethesdaSea

1. We don't know what in those new shots are CGI aside from obvious backgrounds.
2. When the first official image dropped there was a lot of concern that it looked too slick and too clean and it must be CGI (it wasn't)
3. Ridley and Co. said over and over that very little CG was used and very little green screen.
4. We're jumping the gun.
5. What If it's proven that some of what we're seeing is CG? So what! It's fu€king beautiful and real.
6. People don't understand how crystal clear the Red cameras are. It's pristine crisp and so real it doesn't seem real.
7. And lastly, let's wait until some behind-the-scenes info comes out before we judge.

aliens13

aliens13

Awesome!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 12, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
1. We don't know what in those new shots are CGI aside from obvious backgrounds.
Uh, what? There is loads of CGI, all readily noticeable. Every spaceship shot, for starters.

SM

SM

A trailer for a trailer?  :laugh:

The Weyland website was nifty.

This is just silly.

ThisBethesdaSea

Can you cite the source confirming that those ships are CG and not models? It could very well be CG...there is no recorded proof as of yet.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

We have to wait for some Behind the Scenes. CG or not they are f***ing great.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 12, 2012, 10:20:20 PM
Can you cite the source confirming that those ships are CG and not models? It could very well be CG...there is no recorded proof as of yet.
:-\ The only proof you need is your eyes. Those are clearly not models.

T Dog

T Dog

The ships look VERY CG.

SM

SM

Lots of people say such things about various movies.

They're often wrong though.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 12, 2012, 10:17:37 PM
Uh, what? There is loads of CGI, all readily noticeable. Every spaceship shot, for starters.

My thoughts exactly.  I don't need behind-the-scenes info to judge what is clearly CGI.  I am not saying Prometheus isn't looking beautiful so far, it is.  But practical effects tend to look better than CGI.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 12, 2012, 10:30:25 PM
My thoughts exactly.  I don't need behind-the-scenes info to judge what is clearly CGI.  I am not saying Prometheus isn't looking beautiful so far, it is.  But practical effects tend to look better than CGI.
That they do. I'm kind of disappointed how video gamey the trailer snippets we've seen have looked :-\ We can already gather, I think, that visually speaking this isn't going to be a patch on the original.

Welcome, BTW! :)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2012, 10:28:12 PM
Lots of people say such things about various movies.

They're often wrong though.
Agreed with you, champ.

Maybe hectic schedules don't mesh with the handwork, and the fact it's going to be in 3D may also have something to do with what it would look like on silver screen...Or just Ridley Scott's too old now to put this kind of meticulousness...Or they tried but CGI worked better after the consideration. We don't know for sure.

SM

SM

I wish I could find my rose coloured glasses.

QuoteOr just Ridley Scott's too old now to put this kind of meticulousness...

I don't think it's that so much as CGI frees up your shot selection and speeds up the process.  IF it's done right.  Often it isn't, people see this and then mindlessly apply it to all CGI, forgetting that models can be just as dodgy if they're not done right.  The Nostromo is one of the most awesom movie models ever built - but the strut supporting it is clearly visible in a couple of shots.

Gash

Gash

Ships and architecture have never been the problem with CGI, it's the rather too fluid movement of creatures and the frenzied directing style that goes along with them that always screams phoney. As long as Prometheus doesn't go that way I'm fine with the way it looks so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed