NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 395,655 times)

samoht

samoht

What a disappointment. The only way to get a complete helmeted marine is to buy a battle damaged alien with it.

Ruadh

Ruadh

So, likeness rights is one thing...but for who ever they have, it's actually not that difficult to get most of the squad without making too many new pieces. Everyone obviously needs a new head, but the basic male body they have for Hicks and Hudson can be used for Frost, Wierzbowski, Crowe, and Apone. Ski could use the same arms as Hudson, the other other three would need a new set of arms with long sleeves. Drake could use the same legs, and the arms from Hicks, and Vasquez and Dietrich could probably use the same legs. Dietrich and Vasquez would both need new torsos and arms, and Drake would need a new torso as well. (assuming the armor is molded onto the bodies and not just glued on, I didn't even really look)

Gorman and Spunkmeyer might be able to use the same bodies as well.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Ruadh on Feb 15, 2013, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: Shadow on Feb 15, 2013, 08:39:26 PM
that decides it, i'll be buying the two packs with helmeted marines and demaged xenos. and a couple of extra none-demaged xenos

I'm wondering if the aliens with those marines will have the option to be undamaged? Such as an interchangable head, and the spurting acid bits are removable?

No and No.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Good to know.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Ruadh on Feb 15, 2013, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: Shadow on Feb 15, 2013, 08:39:26 PM
that decides it, i'll be buying the two packs with helmeted marines and demaged xenos. and a couple of extra none-demaged xenos

I'm wondering if the aliens with those marines will have the option to be undamaged? Such as an interchangable head, and the spurting acid bits are removable?

Either way, I'll probably end up getting Hicks and Hudson only in the sets, and probably the Alien from the first wave. Maybe the Black one if he's not some hard to get exclusive or something.
Neca would never do that unfortunately.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

From what I've read on thier Twitter, NECA's Aliens series 2 (due out after the two-packs) might contain, the blue version of the Alien Warrior, the Classic 1979 ALIEN, and an as of yet unannounced figure.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Who's hoping since they did the 3 Kenner figures that they remake some Kenner aliens? I'm way more fond of the Aliens line than of the Predator. Imagine a new snake, gorilla and wild boar done in a realistic style.

Ruadh

Ruadh

You know...I really enjoyed those early Kenner Aliens. I will never forget when they came out. That was the only toy I was collecting until the new star wars started in 95. But the Queen, the Gorilla, the Rhino, and the Scorpion ones were the first ones...and I was so excited about them. And they were utter crap! heh heh.

Quote from: Jace Madan on Feb 16, 2013, 03:03:18 AM
From what I've read on thier Twitter, NECA's Aliens series 2 (due out after the two-packs) might contain, the blue version of the Alien Warrior, the Classic 1979 ALIEN, and an as of yet unannounced figure.

I still cannot find where I read, but last night I read something where they were saying more marines would be coming. So maybe that's the third figure.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Feb 16, 2013, 03:36:40 AM
Who's hoping since they did the 3 Kenner figures that they remake some Kenner aliens? I'm way more fond of the Aliens line than of the Predator. Imagine a new snake, gorilla and wild boar done in a realistic style.

It's being considered...

Nate Rider ‏@JediN8
@NECA_TOYS since you've set the precedent with your amazing Kenner predator figures, does this mean we could get Kenner aliens? #bullalien

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS
@JediN8 possible but movies first. Predators is at Series 10 before we did something special like that. Glad you like them

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Aweee yeah....

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Wouldn't mind seeing what they do with a Mantis or Snake Alien, just for the detailing. If they remove the frill from the latter (and/or give arms), it'd be even better.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 16, 2013, 07:55:11 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing what they do with a Mantis or Snake Alien, just for the detailing. If they remove the frill from the latter (and/or give arms), it'd be even better.

Oooooh snake alien with arms would look dynamite.

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

I apologize if this has already been answered further back in the thread but has NECA said anything about how many marines they're planning on doing? I must admit I wouldn't mind picking up a Crowe or Wierzbowski figure if they ever made them.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: ChanceVance on Feb 16, 2013, 01:02:44 PM
I apologize if this has already been answered further back in the thread but has NECA said anything about how many marines they're planning on doing? I must admit I wouldn't mind picking up a Crowe or Wierzbowski figure if they ever made them.

No, just that more are planned, but they don't have the likeness rights for all of them, yet.

I'd love to find out which ones they don't have yet.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

It'd be nice if they released a two pack with a Marine/Sentry Turret combo. They could make it an exclusive like they are supposedly doing with the black Alien variant, I'd fork out the money for that instantly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed