The Real Final Countdown Begins Now! 355 Days till the ends of the world!

Started by DaddyYautja, Jan 01, 2012, 05:17:09 AM

Author
The Real Final Countdown Begins Now! 355 Days till the ends of the world! (Read 40,856 times)

EEV2650

DoomRulz

No alcohol for me, period. Light or otherwise.

x2SMONEY

Quote from: EEV2650 on Jan 07, 2012, 01:52:59 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 07, 2012, 01:38:31 AM
No thanks. I'm on a diet.

What if it rained Light beer?
He said he was on a diet. He didn't say he was a woman...

maledoro

maledoro

maledoro

QuoteFormer Worldwide Church of God preacher says Jesus Christ is returning on May 27, 2012 and that today marks the end of time and beginning of "half time"

Ronald Weinland, who considers himself a prophet of God, continues to warn that Jesus Christ is returning on May 27, 2012.

For those who do not believe him and mock his message, Weinland claims that they will die from cancer.

His website, Church of God – PKG, claims that various end times events were triggered by the scattering of the Worldwide Church of God after the death of its founder, Herbert W. Armstrong. With Armstrong no longer at the helm, Weinland claims he "is the pastor of God's Church on earth, has also been appointed by the God of Abraham to be His end-time prophet and one of the two end-time witnesses (and spokesman of both), preceding the return of Jesus Christ on May 27, 2012."

Under Armstrong, the Worldwide Church of God rejected the Christian notion of a trinity and followed Old Testament holy days and strict tithing rules that left people destitute. Armstrong and his followers believed that Jesus Christ would return to earth in 1975. It was considered by some to be a cult.

After Armstrong's death in 1986, the church began to change much of its theology. By April 2009, the Worldwide Church of God announced the official change of its name to Grace Communion International. These changes were deemed heretical by people like Weinland, who formed various splinter churches that believe that they remain true to Armstrong's teachings.

Even after the public ridicule of Harold Camping and his failed May 21, 2011 end times prophecy, Weinland has not backed down from his May 27 date.

The latest is that the earth is now in a "biblical half time" that begins today, January 8, 2012. According to his blog,
QuoteJanuary 7, 2012, is another important occurrence for the timing of God's work and end-time events. This date is an important crossroad in time as it ends a prophetically historic portion of time in Daniel that consists of a prophetic measure of "time" and "times" that began after Trumpets of 2009. January 8 of this year begins the final "half-a-time" of this full prophetic period known as "time, times, and half-a-time." That day is the start of the final period of 140 days (half-a-time) that leads up to the very coming of the Messiah spoken of in those same prophecies of Daniel.

Weinland is also predicting that "the United States will collapse" and that there will be a nuclear war before May 27 this year. "The truth is ridiculed, ignored, slandered and mocked," he warns.

http://www.goddiscussion.com/88544/former-worldwide-church-of-god-preacher-says-jesus-christ-is-returning-on-may-27-2012-and-that-today-marks-the-end-of-time-and-beginning-of-half-time/

walker31

It is unfortunate that we do not get a view of what happens when an Atheist gets it wrong.  Just seeing it once, and the discussion would be over.

DoomRulz

But that would take all the fun out of it.

walker31

True. :) 

But, as one who is proud to be a Christian, and would die for my faith, it is extremely emberrassing for me to witness ignorant actions and statements that uninformed crazy fundamentalists make.  Everytime one of these people do something like this, it just stains the authenticity of the message. 

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: walker31 on Jan 09, 2012, 03:18:02 PMIt is unfortunate that we do not get a view of what happens when an Atheist gets it wrong.  Just seeing it once, and the discussion would be over.
A few points if I may. First, this isn't about Harold Camping, the guy who claimed that the world was going to end last year. This is about another guy.

Second, the Bible (that book that all these people use to predict the End Times) tells you that there is no way to tell when the End Times are coming. The fact that these men who profess to know the Word of God tend to overlook that detail is both humorous and frightening.

Third, atheists don't make predictions nearly as weird or bizarre as the fundies do.

Quote from: walker31 on Jan 09, 2012, 03:39:45 PMBut, as one who is proud to be a Christian, and would die for my faith, it is extremely emberrassing for me to witness ignorant actions and statements that uninformed crazy fundamentalists make.  Everytime one of these people do something like this, it just stains the authenticity of the message.
So do something about it. And, by that, I don't mean pray for them to go away. I mean something more hands on. (And by that, I mean something along the lines of contacting a congressman or picketing these people peacefully.)

Ghostface

Quote from: walker31 on Jan 09, 2012, 03:18:02 PM
It is unfortunate that we do not get a view of what happens when an Atheist gets it wrong.  Just seeing it once, and the discussion would be over.

If it makes you feel any better I predict the world is gonna burn tomorrow. If I'm wrong, feel free to have whatever fun you want at my expense  ;)

walker31

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 09, 2012, 03:53:05 PM
Second, the Bible (that book that all these people use to predict the End Times) tells you that there is no way to tell when the End Times are coming. The fact that these men who profess to know the Word of God tend to overlook that detail is both humorous and frightening.
Actually, It doesnt exactly say that either.  It says no man knows the day or the hour of his 2nd coming, neither do the angels in heaven.  However, it does describe certain events and signs in the heavens that will occur shortly before and leading into these events.

maledoro

Quote from: walker31 on Jan 09, 2012, 10:47:24 PMActually, It doesnt exactly say that either.  It says no man knows the day or the hour of his 2nd coming, neither do the angels in heaven.
And Camping, et al., are men. (They're certainly not angels.)

Quote from: walker31 on Jan 09, 2012, 10:47:24 PMHowever, it does describe certain events and signs in the heavens that will occur shortly before and leading into these events.
Which are nebulous.

walker31

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 09, 2012, 11:16:22 PM
Quote from: walker31 on Jan 09, 2012, 10:47:24 PMActually, It doesnt exactly say that either.  It says no man knows the day or the hour of his 2nd coming, neither do the angels in heaven.
And Camping, et al., are men. (They're certainly not angels.)
That was my point, too.  These so-called prophets of Doom need to be more diligent in their studies before they stand on a mountain and shout the sky is falling.  They are making fools of themselves by professing that they have an insight into something that actually cancels them out of being an expert on the matter.  To say that they can calculate the exact date of the End, or the return of Christ, when Christ HIMSELF said that no one will know is ridiculous.  Even Atheists and nonbelievers know this.  They might as well proclaim themselves as Christ...oh wait...too late. :-\

Vulhala

Christ was a real person?  :laugh:

I kid, I kid ;)

maledoro

Quote from: walker31 on Jan 10, 2012, 12:12:13 AMThat was my point, too.  These so-called prophets of Doom need to be more diligent in their studies before they stand on a mountain and shout the sky is falling.  They are making fools of themselves by professing that they have an insight into something that actually cancels them out of being an expert on the matter.  To say that they can calculate the exact date of the End, or the return of Christ, when Christ HIMSELF said that no one will know is ridiculous.  Even Atheists and nonbelievers know this.  They might as well proclaim themselves as Christ...oh wait...too late. :-\
So, now you see I wasn't ridiculing all Xtians or the Xtian faith when I singled out Camping and Weinland? I think if you look past my atheism, you'll find that we share many views on religion.
:)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed