Trailer is here! (HD downloads available)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 03:54:07 PM

What do you think of the trailer?

Love it.
50 (69.4%)
Pretty good.
13 (18.1%)
It's alright.
7 (9.7%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Horrible.
2 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Trailer is here! (HD downloads available) (Read 124,716 times)

ikarop

ikarop

The engineer looks CGI. Like all CGI.

Engineer1

Engineer1

How can he look cgi since its an actor who is portraying him?
Have you checked the last fisrt look video?
They made the Engineer sets to human size so when the Actor is on set they will not have to manipulate him digitaly but only the humans that will be reduced in post.
Also the definition is not good enough to see its details.
No way he's cgi, looks special makeup with probably some cgi effect added like the guy in agony.

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 22, 2011, 05:26:31 PM
We should really create some kind of collection with all the things we already talked about a few thousand times...we had the SJ head on table discussion in the thread for the bootleg trailer  ;)

AGREED!

Dudley

Dudley

Just sat and watched this about 4 times over with my dad, who is also a huge Alien fan.  Not sure what to say but wow...I've watched the teasers a dozen times over, followed the news every day and seen the poor quality version from a few weeks back but still wasn't prepared for the sheer awesomeness of this.

Can't wait to book the day off of work to watch this film about 3 or 4 times over with different groups of friends/family  :P

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 22, 2011, 05:36:40 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2561706/VzKM4.gif

The engineer looks CGI. Like all CGI.

Looks more like a tall guy wearing prosthetics to me.

Effectz

Effectz

Looks like the derelict ship crash lands upright,the shot when you see it standing vertically you can see the fiery debris around it.

Gash

Gash

I find the assumptions being drawn from a few snippets frankly depressing. Jumping space zombies? One tiny scene shows a man jumping from a vehicle - suddenly the whole film is about mutated Hills Have Eyes characters - really? Why would anyone draw these conclusions? There is evidence that a number of characters are suffering physically, beyond that everything remains speculation. Already people are writing it off - some because the alien isn't in - some because the jockey is 'assumed' to be too human. Boo to the detractors, if you can claim this isn't the film for you based on a short trailer your parameters for this prequel must have been very simplistic.

Well, as this level of fan boy hysteria isn't likely to end any time soon, I think the time has come to leave the Prometheus forum for those that want to throw tantrums and those that want to boast their assumed 'spoilers'. 

To me, the trailer looks amazing. Whatever Ridley serves up will be a cut above the rest. I'm not expecting him to have lost his visual eye, his skill for implied violence and his european 'no punches pulled' attitude, and yes this does look epic. I've always liked Ridley Scott for his mix of movies but those that allow him to have complete control over the visuals - historical and Sci Fi are his best. I'll reserve judgement on how this affects  A    L    I    E    N  until June myself but right now I'm open to anything he wants to do with the expansion of what was, to a very large extent, his baby. If it's perverse and nasty, then this still looks like the bookend film that   A    L    I    E    N   always deserved but never got.

Corporal Hicks

Well if the camed copy we had looked good, this was just f**king epic. Very very impressed and very excited. Clearly saw some sort of Jockey helmet being examined by the crew, the Engineer's appear to be human(ish), so maybe some sort of Ancient-type situation (Stargate) going on here.

I'm thinking it might not be the Derelict from Alien either. The landscape looks all wrong, the ship is upright.

invertyourcross

The derelict has def. def. crashed upright. No denying it. The whole back end of the trailer with them running is the derelict rolling or falling down from its upright position I think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36021219@N06/6554987767/#

mastermoon

mastermoon

Thats makes it really easy to see thanks for that link.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: invertyourcross on Dec 22, 2011, 05:47:46 PM
The derelict has def. def. crashed upright. No denying it. The whole back end of the trailer with them running is the derelict rolling or falling down from its upright position I think.

Very nice! Wouldn't mind bigger versions of these shots  ;)

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: invertyourcross on Dec 22, 2011, 05:47:46 PM

The Jockey ship doesn't topple over,it is standing upright,the later shot you see one of the crew staring up at it,the shot of them running is escaping the the crash landing.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

AMAZING. It even looks scary as frig as well. Hope this lives up to my expectations.

Gash

Gash

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Gash on Dec 22, 2011, 05:43:42 PM
I find the assumptions being drawn from a few snippets frankly depressing. Jumping space zombies? One tiny scene shows a man jumping from a vehicle - suddenly the whole film is about mutated Hills Have Eyes characters - really? Why would anyone draw these conclusions? There is evidence that a number of characters are suffering physically, beyond that everything remains speculation. Already people are writing it off - some because the alien isn't in - some because the jockey is 'assumed' to be too human. Boo to the detractors, if you can claim this isn't the film for you based on a short trailer your parameters for this prequel must have been very simplistic.

Well, as this level of fan boy hysteria isn't likely to end any time soon, I think the time has come to leave the Prometheus forum for those that want to throw tantrums and those that want to boast their assumed 'spoilers'. 

To me, the trailer looks amazing. Whatever Ridley serves up will be a cut above the rest. I'm not expecting him to have lost his visual eye, his skill for implied violence and his european 'no punches pulled' attitude, and yes this does look epic. I've always liked Ridley Scott for his mix of movies but those that allow him to have complete control over the visuals - historical and Sci Fi are his best. I'll reserve judgement on how this affects  A    L    I    E    N  until June myself but right now I'm open to anything he wants to do with the expansion of what was, to a very large extent, his baby. If it's perverse and nasty, then this still looks like the bookend film that   A    L    I    E    N   always deserved but never got.

Nobody is writing it off, but there is definately one mutation who looks like a space zombie.  It's definately not a man scrabbling vertically up the side of a personnel carrier to take out a human by leaping 25 foot down the other side without his helmet on in a hostile enviroment.

Some of this you can come up with through your own inference.

T Dog

T Dog

Three comments:

One, close up of infected person in space suit looks well. I think morphology could be excellent if handled right. I've always found The Fly very messed up and gross. If Ridley can pull off body-horror as well as Cronenberg then we will be in for a manky treat.

Two, the woman who falls to her knees has blood all over her. Why?

Three, in the same scene where the woman falls, you can see in the background that one of the crew is bald and resembles the man in the SJ chair shot. Maybe the same man?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed