Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 107,763 times)

Jeru

QuoteAlso i find it quite weird that you would have to wait for the final 8 minutes to realize that there is DNA of the first alien? ALIEN?

I think for non-fan boys the last 8 minutes will help bridge the gap from Prometheus to Alien. For those of us on the forums who meticulously watch the movies over and over (notably Alien) we will see other instances in the movie, well before that last 8 minutes that have a familiar tone and look of the Alien franchise. Giger may have done just a few murals but I think they are definitely going to make plenty of nods with other aspects of the film to his enduring style.

Jace Madan

Well, at least we finally know for sure about whether or not the Classic Xeno will appear in the film, that was one of my biggest questions. Glad to see it answered.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Jace Madan on Dec 18, 2011, 06:29:14 AM
Well, at least we finally know for sure about whether or not the Classic Xeno will appear in the film, that was one of my biggest questions. Glad to see it answered.

Classic Xeno cannot be there...he is in Disneyland now...

atlantis

Prometheus also gonna answer one big question for all of usl:

Spoiler
Namely what was first: The chicken or the egg.....
It where ampules...
[close]

BonesawT101

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 18, 2011, 02:19:54 AM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 17, 2011, 10:26:44 PMThe new artists involved, Carlos Huante

Is that confirmed, or just hearsay? Anyone?

EDIT: scratch that, it is confirmed.

-Chris

where has it been officially confirmed that carlos huante is involved with Prometheus?

locusta

Carlos Huante was involved in Prometheus and he even made some brief statement about the creature design. Search in the forum here, you will find.

BonesawT101

Ok thanks. found an interview with Huante from way back in march where he confirms his involvement. can't find the statement on what he has said about the actual creature design though.

Gash

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 18, 2011, 03:47:18 AM
A movie about Space Marines going to some other planet to fight Jockeys.
Cameron better stop making them Avatar movies and get working on it.

Yikes! No thanks.

ThisBethesdaSea

Huante's stuff is good...damn good. His work affects you psychologically as well as visually. If honed correctly, I think he could give us something terrifying on all levels.

Engineer1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 18, 2011, 04:33:17 AM
Cameron is not suited to write a grand mythology story.....maybe he can prove us wrong? I'd watch that movie :)

Terminator is all about biblical stuff.
You can't go more mythological than that.
Cameron is more than just an actioner.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I wonder if the content of Giger's murals are going to be the discussion point of the movie for the next decade

BonesawT101

^^ Interesting thought. so do we think now that Giger has ONLY designed the murals in the film?

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Dec 18, 2011, 03:38:33 PM
^^ Interesting thought. so do we think now that Giger has ONLY designed the murals in the film?

We're being told this, but what else there is to think is another matter. I thought that he came to join Ridley in Iceland for a while on the film there.

BonesawT101

I haven't read that Giger actually was in Iceland with Ridley. when was that mentioned?

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm confused if Ridley was talking about Giger's 11 month inclusion on Prometheus or the original ALIEN as well?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed