Was the "WOLF" better than Mr. Black?

Started by zackpred12, Aug 21, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Author
Was the "WOLF" better than Mr. Black? (Read 16,217 times)

The PredBen

This was discussed a long time ago, around the time Predators came out, with both having a fair number of supporters. Wolf has a lot of high tech gear, but he doesn't use it right, and I don't think he could attack Mr. Black the way he did those useless aliens.

Black would thrash him in a hand to hand fight. Unless Wolf ambushes the rather one track minded Black, he's dead, I wasn't impressed by him at all   :).

Wolf26

If Wolf has to sweep the floor, he doesn't need a broom. He can use Mr.Black.
Seriously.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Wolf26 on Aug 25, 2011, 03:57:06 PM
If Wolf has to sweep the floor, he doesn't need a broom. He can use Mr.Black.
Seriously.

^
Ha nailed  *high five*  ;D

Jigsaw85

Considering that Mr. Black had to deal with the most dangerous humans on earth, I'd say his death wasn't disgraceful at all. Wolf on the other hand had to deal with a bunch of helpless bugs that couldn't do anything. At least Mr. Black fought and killed a predator that could fight back, which is more than I can say for wolf who had the ease of dealing with a bunch of pathetic insects and a predalien who always pulled it's punch.

Black wins.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Aug 25, 2011, 07:05:26 PM
Considering that Mr. Black had to deal with the most dangerous humans on earth, I'd say his death wasn't disgraceful at all. Wolf on the other hand had to deal with a bunch of helpless bugs that couldn't do anything. At least Mr. Black fought and killed a predator that could fight back, which is more than I can say for wolf who had the ease of dealing with a bunch of pathetic insects and a predalien who always pulled it's punch.

Black wins.

Mr Black AND his band , had to deal with the supposed most dangerous humans on earth
Whereas Wolf had to deal against an infection of  "perfect killing machins"

In both case their opponents (and maybe even themself) proved unworthy of such description

The PredBen

Wolf killed a bunch of pathetic aliens that were purposely made to look weak to make Wolf seem badass. Mr.Blacks opponents weren't pathetic at all. They were resourceful and skilled warriors who were armed with weapons they were capable of using.

The aliens Wolf killed were to stupid to do anything to him while he held two at arms length. What, did he paralyze their tail muscles off scene? No, of course not, the Strauses just wanted him to look awesome. Why disarm yourself against an opponent like the Predalien? Why have terrible aim? Why kill a cop and let people see?

Answer - Wolf isn't as good as everyone thinks.  ;)

Stalker

Quote from: The PredBen on Aug 26, 2011, 06:06:13 AM
Wolf killed a bunch of pathetic aliens that were purposely made to look weak to make Wolf seem badass. Mr.Blacks opponents weren't pathetic at all. They were resourceful and skilled warriors who were armed with weapons they were capable of using.

The aliens Wolf killed were to stupid to do anything to him while he held two at arms length. What, did he paralyze their tail muscles off scene? No, of course not, the Strauses just wanted him to look awesome. Why disarm yourself against an opponent like the Predalien? Why have terrible aim? Why kill a cop and let people see?

That's down to fight choreography & the directors' portrayal of the Aliens. Wolf's character was still an elite, he showed some amazing feats of both power & agility throughout the movie.

The PredBen

Quote from: Stalker on Aug 26, 2011, 06:46:19 AM

That's down to fight choreography & the directors' portrayal of the Aliens. Wolf's character was still an elite, he showed some amazing feats of both power & agility throughout the movie.

I agree that Wolf was still suppose to be an elite. But feat wise I didn't really see anything he did that Mr.Black couldn't do. But that's just my opinion. I could see Black taking out several aliens and lasting (due mostly to brute strength) a while against the PredAlien.

Stalker

Quote from: The PredBen on Aug 26, 2011, 06:52:06 AM
I agree that Wolf was still suppose to be an elite. But feat wise I didn't really see anything he did that Mr.Black couldn't do. But that's just my opinion. I could see Black taking out several aliens and lasting (due mostly to brute strength) a while against the PredAlien.

It's hard to compare the two because their fighting styles & tactics were totally different. Berserker just used a single blade & a cannon, Wolf on the other hand used double cannons, spears, whips, shurikens, trip mines & kitchen sinks.

Although in the hand to hand combat department, Wolf pretty much f**ked up a Predalien with his bare hands & wristblades, I think that puts some points in his corner.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

First, our dear Mr black is the pred with the worst aim of all (i think that missing a pred running in straight line in an opposite direction at such range is just unforgivable)

Second.
Well what do we have here (except the hero himself )

a spetnaz unable to correctly hit a predhound at 2m range , just waving his gatling from left to right
a cartel member always holding two submachinguns , just in order to be sure he won't hit anything beyond 20m
a pretty random rebel ,nothing special about him, except getting his ass kicked by Stan
a sniper special force, soo mentaly weak , that was about to comit sucide instead of fighting until the end

the rest are just unarmed personel , like edwin , stans

Let's not forget Hanzo , a yakuza who failed enough times in his missions (assassination, robbery, blackmailer) to loose some fingers.

As i said before neither of Wolf or Mr Black (and compagny) opponents deserved the name of "perfect organism" or most dangerous humans on earth

Black also maide insainely stupid move, like uncloack + roaring in front of Royce (AA12) Isabel ( Blaser R93) and the rest of the band just after  he shot stans in the back. (lucky that his opponent where scary enought to just run & scream instead of shooting at him)
Just imagine Anytime doing the same thing  (uncloack and roar) when Mac spot him (Blaine's death)

Crazy Rich

QuoteWas the "WOLF" better than Mr. Black?

No.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 26, 2011, 10:19:37 AM
QuoteWas the "WOLF" better than Mr. Black?

No.

Yes.

FUZION PREDATOR

LadyZero

Wolf was sexier.

*runs away*

Snowdog

Quote from: samoht on Aug 22, 2011, 11:17:31 PM
Trying to put aside the fact that AVPR was shit, WOLF was capable of slaughtering Xenomorphs with ease. Mr Black was just a brute who did not appear to be particularly special. Just some redneck predator.

I reckon WOLF would easily kill him.

That wolf survived every fight was not only because the movie was bad. He isn't capable of killing Xenomorphs because a real xeno would have killed him in the first encounter. But the dumped down insects without accid for blood (only when they fight wolf, because with human they seem to have accid blood) he could handle. But if they used their tails or had accid blood wolf would have been killed straight away. None the less the idea of an elite predator was pretty cool. Shame the executions sucked donkey balls.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed